**Lumberton at Nederland/28-14 Lumberton Wins/Comments

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does this finally make Lumberton a force to be reckoned with this season in 20-4A or will they still be viewed as just "lucky"? Don't mean to be a smart aleck but I think these kids have proven that they aren't a fluke. Don't know how far they'll go in the playoffs but they have done what they had to in 20-4A. Congrats Raiders!!!

Does this finally make Lumberton a force to be reckoned with this season in 20-4A or will they still be viewed as just "lucky"? Don't mean to be a smart aleck but I think these kids have proven that they aren't a fluke. Don't know how far they'll go in the playoffs but they have done what they had to in 20-4A. Congrats Raiders!!!

They are definately starting a good thing up in Lumberton.  Yall should be very proud of yalls team. #55 is a beast.  Hanna is a good rb.  But Nederlands defense is pathetic.  Absolutely pathetic.  Terrible play calling by Barrow.  Turnovers killed us.  I think we play CE king next week wich is not good for us.  They are a strong running team.  I think Lumberton will beat crosby easily.  Yall may be the only team left after week 1 of the playoffs.

kicker....What kind of a MORONIC comment is that? I'm not begging for crap...I've just listened to people dog the Raiders all year and they've proved the naysayers wrong. I'm not asking to be crowned anything. But I don't think it hurts to show a little support and excitement for your team...And, as for RESPECT! Lumberton has earned the RESPECT of everyone in this district...They may not get it but they DARN SURE EARNED IT!!!

They are definitely not a fluke... The better team definitely won tonight. Congrats to Lumberton, Hanna is a hoss...

Now on to Nederland.. Our defense couldnt hit water if they fell out of a boat.. Whats the problem and why is not getting addressed? Also, the offensive line tonight was letting guys get to Bellow left and right... Bellow has got to have more time than what he got tonight, or our passing game will definitely be in trouble...

I am very disappointed in Nederland's performance tonight... If our defense doesnt get some major adjustments this week, including some possible personnel changes, then we wont make it past CE King in the playoffs.... truly embarassing...

Edit: and I agree... very poor play calling tonight.. although I wont hold it against them because I honestly think a lot of that had to do with some tinkering before playoffs just to see what else they could add to their arsenal...

kicker....What kind of a MORONIC comment is that? I'm not begging for crap...I've just listened to people dog the Raiders all year and they've proved the naysayers wrong. I'm not asking to be crowned anything. But I don't think it hurts to show a little support and excitement for your team...And, as for RESPECT! Lumberton has earned the RESPECT of everyone in this district...They may not get it but they DARN SURE EARNED IT!!!

nm, it aint worth it

COngrats to Lumberton.  My wife is from there and even she is excited.  BUt basically, once you have to stop asking if you can get respect... is when you know you have respect.  Maybe 2 years out of a hundred isn't worth it yet?  Maybe you caught lightning in a bottle.  Lumberton is a growing town.  Keep it up and you will know when you have respect.  But don't beg for it.  Don't ask for it.  Just keep earning it.  Quietly and with class. 

Just try and keep the coach around for a while, coaching is where it all starts. You could have the biggest, fastest, meanest, players and if you don't have the right coach your not winning

Just take a look at Dallas with that marshmellow with a headset, they call a coach

Guest Brubaker

Baberuth, I agree, our defense did as good as they have all year and plenty good enough for us to win.  But, Lumberton absolutely shut us down on offense and that's surprising.  I think it really tells us just how much #21 bails us out on a lot of plays.  He's a gamer, he can put a team on his back... kind of like he did in Vidor.  Without him, we don't have that guy, nobody else stepped up.

I saw all the Dayton fans at the game and they were all high fiving each other after the game.  One of them made a gesture like "We just got Lucky, I'm glad we dont have to play them next week!"

that's just silly.  Dayton wanted this rematch.  I find it hard to believe that they would be excited about missing lumberton.

I hope this will show who the better running back is now.

HANNAH   327 rushing yards WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do I hear district MVP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just to clarify Hanna had 338 yards on 33 rushes (Houston Chronicle site) - Great game, congrats to the entire team and coaching staff for successful regular season!  Keep the Train rolling!

Also Hanna secured the 20-4A rushing title

1.  Jacob Hanna 161 attemps for 1,239 yards

2.  Wareall Grogan 143 attemps for 1,078 yards

3.  Joshua Wright 120 attemps for 725 yards

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• Will probably be released by the Democrats come September.  Sound familiar?
    • Sure.  You reassign an employee and they leave voluntarily instead of being fired and being open to litigation.  The outcome is the same, but you are making my point.  The superintendent and AD and principal are all empowered to make personnel decisions.  Instead of accepting the decision made, you talk about lawyering up, no one else was reprimanded, railroad job.  I am old enough to remember when high school sports taught life lessons...accountability being chief among them.
    • I know absolutely nothing about the situation, but I do know head coaches of sports other than the AD have actual teaching assignments, and I know from my wife having worked in the sped department of multiple schools that it’s not uncommon at all for coaches to shirk those duties.  It could very well be that this was the case at BC.  Or not, I don’t know.  Just bringing this up to point out the fact that, although many coaches only want to worry about coaching, they generally have several other responsibilities at the school.  some of them neglect or ignore these duties entirely.  If he’s been written up for other issues before, it’s a dumb argument to say “he was punished for this and others were not”.  If he had a pile of write ups in his file and they did not then it makes sense that the punishments were different.  
    • He wasn’t fired, he was reassigned and people get reassigned all the time. If he was actually fired, then you would have a point, but he wasn’t fired. Based on the information presented here no way this would stand if they fired him and he lawyered up. 
    • I heard the assistant was going to get this job and assume it was referring to the old Vidor coach, Nate Smith.  I always thought he did more with less at Vidor and can't help but think he shares some responsibility in Vidor's recent success. 
  • Topics