*Post 9th And JV Scores Here*

Guest wos grad

Wo-s JV are undefeated district champs (4th JV to do so). They have had a total of 25 points scored on them, not sure if it's a record or not. Im not really sure how many points they've scored it's in the hundreds though.... Future state champs anyone?

One of the best JV squads in years is what i've been told.

Wo-s JV are undefeated district champs (4th JV to do so). They have had a total of 25 points scored on them, not sure if it's a record or not. Im not really sure how many points they've scored it's in the hundreds though.... Future state champs anyone?

Yes...  That's a fact.  One of THE best JV squads the 'Stangs have ever had in their 30 + years, and that's saying quite alot!  Mix this group in along with some of the other underclassmen and with the Seniors on next years Varsity, and the Mustnags are gonna be a real contender for state for the next 3 years running, not to mention this years #3 ranked 'Stangs...WOW!  An extremely bright future in Mustang land for the next several years!  ;)

Being undefeated is only half the story. This team gave up very few points (I would be surprised if it was 25, I thought it was less than 20). They not only won, but they dominated! They beat Nederland JV 33-7 and Memorial JV 36-6. The only close game they had all year was with Silsbee (of course) which they won 12-0. Great job Stangs, looking forward to seeing you next year!

Yes...  That's a fact.  One of THE best JV squads the 'Stangs have ever had in their 30 + years, and that's saying quite alot!  Mix this group in along with some of the other underclassmen and with the Seniors on next years Varsity, and the Mustnags are gonna be a real contender for state for the next 3 years running, not to mention this years #3 ranked 'Stangs...WOW!  An extremely bright future in Mustang land for the next several years!   ;)

Mix in with that an 8th grade group with over 54 kids on the team (yeah, just on the 8th grade) who had an "a" and "b" team, both of whom went undefeated for the season and both gave up less than 20 points total!

Yes...  That's a fact.  One of THE best JV squads the 'Stangs have ever had in their 30 + years, and that's saying quite alot!  Mix this group in along with some of the other underclassmen and with the Seniors on next years Varsity, and the Mustnags are gonna be a real contender for state for the next 3 years running, not to mention this years #3 ranked 'Stangs...WOW!  An extremely bright future in Mustang land for the next several years!   ;)

Mix in with that an 8th grade group with over 54 kids on the team (yeah, just on the 8th grade) who had an "a" and "b" team, both of whom went undefeated for the season and both gave up less than 20 points total!

That's right!  Man, what a future these kids, coaches and fans have to look forward to...  Can't wait.

Since you guys have said more about your JV teams I thought I would talk about the Rebels JV.

They finished their season tonight and have a 7-1 record for the season. Those seven wins are against a mixture of JV and Freshman teams from all over the area. Before you say it, yes they did have 8 players who were not freshmen on the JV, but 14 were freshmen. This is a great group of young players who have two full seasons of games that they have played and completed in. For larger schools they take for granted that their players will have the opportunity to develop against players of the same age and skill levels. In 1A this is often not the case only two other teams in our district fielded teams and I believe one of those did not finish the season as they had to move players up to the varsity.

The JV Rebels defeated, Orangefield, Deweyville, Colmesneil, Anahuac (twice), Hardin-Jefferson and East Chambers. Their loss was to Hull-Daisetta, hats off to the Bobcats for that one. This team is also the scout team for the varsity running the plays of the varsity's opponent all week for the varsity to prepare for their game. They in a small way should be congratulated for their part in helping the Rebels be prepared for their games each week.

The Rebels will loose a large senior class this year, but with a talented group of juniors and sophomores already on filling out the roster on the varsity and this many of the members of this year's JV getting the opportunity to compete for spots on next year's Rebel roster, the prospects for the continued success of the Rebel football program look to be pretty good!

Great job JV Rebels! 

I don't know how much I would put into JV seasons. Larger schools (at least 4A and above) tend to use this as a buffer zone, if you are an excellent freshman, you either move up to V or stay with the freshman A team and work with that group. Check how the 9th graders do, that is your real view into the future (though having a good JV is always a good thing).

Being undefeated is only half the story. This team gave up very few points (I would be surprised if it was 25, I thought it was less than 20). They not only won, but they dominated! They beat Nederland JV 33-7 and Memorial JV 36-6. The only close game they had all year was with Silsbee (of course) which they won 12-0. Great job Stangs, looking forward to seeing you next year!

I believe the score was 12-7. Again, close but no cigar. :(

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: KFDM COOP on October 09, 2008, 08:36:33 PM

JV Final

WO-S 12

Silsbee 7

Heard this was a tough loss for the Tigers. Silsbee had a couple of chances at the end to win this game, couldn't punch through.

From what I heard, WOS JV is very good, have been blowing out all their opponents

I believe the score was 12-7. Again, close but no cigar. :(

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: KFDM COOP on October 09, 2008, 08:36:33 PM

JV Final

WO-S 12

Silsbee 7

Heard this was a tough loss for the Tigers. Silsbee had a couple of chances at the end to win this game, couldn't punch through.

From what I heard, WOS JV is very good, have been blowing out all their opponents

Must of been a hard fought game. This will just carry over to the next few years.

Newton 7th grade wins @ K'Ville

Newtons 8th grade wins @ K'Ville

Newtons JV ----59

Kirbyvilee-------19

I believe you are incorrect about the 7th grade. Kville beat Newton 16-0!!!

And I wouldnt put too much into our JV..most of our JV is FRESHMAN!!! BIG WHOOP!!! Congrats though to all 7th, 8th, freshman and JV teams!!!

You just be watching those VARSITY WILDCATS TONIGHT!!!! LOL

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    voodoopriestonline
    Newest Member
    voodoopriestonline