22-4A District Champs and Playoff Teams

Who is going to win 22-4A  

1. 1. Who is going to win 22-4A

Well that might be because it was so early in the season for the scrimmage and WOS maynot had their players assigned or looked at yet. Alos could be that WOS is not familiar with Dayton as well as NED or other teams they face year after year. I do not think anyone with any sense of SETEX FB would pick Dayton over the top 3 in 20-4A old district.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GoStangs

Dayton had a good defense and some talent on offense. WOS played NED and Central only a few weeks later, so I don't see that as much of a difference. The only common opponents Dayton had with NED and Central were Friendswood, which Dayton lost to by a TD and NED won by an OT TD; Crosby, which Dayton beat 21-3 and Central beat 35-23; and Ozen, which Central beat 18-12, but who beat Dayton 14-13 and beat NED 21-7. I think it's fair to say Dayton was comparable to the elite teams in the local 4A district last year, and given their history of ten consecutive playoff years, they should certainly be a factor in determining this year's playoff picture.

What's going to make it tough this year for 4A teams here it's really tough across the State now in 4A especially with Waco High dropping and Copperas Cove.

I see where the east texas district that has Marshall, Kilgore, Jacksonville moved to region 2. They moved some Central Texas districts to Reg 3 now with 22-4A.

Might be nice to see other teams in the playoffs.

There is absolutely more "BARK" than BITE in that area. I guess in some cases there is more "TRIBE CHANTING" and "CHOPPING" than barking, but who will notice..... :roll:

A decent 3-A WOS ran through that district like they were all 2-A schools. I watched WOS all last year and they were a decent team, but no 4-A powerhouse. WOS was a two or three man show, with a QB who most often made the difference in a loss or win.

I say Dayton finishes 2nd after Central. None of whom will go more than 2 rounds in the big 4-A dance.

It was a weak district last year' date=' but a powerful one traditionally. Keep in mind that Jody's school lost to Kville last year ;)[/quote']

Don't forget the year before that too..... :D The 2005 loss was absolutely just making too many mistakes. Oh well, on to 2006.

Comparing a scrimmage to a real game is not a good way to compare teams. The reason is coaches don't game plan or prepare their teams for scrimmages like they do a real game. You just basically line up and get after it. It would be a totally different game with coaches preparing a whole week for certain schemes.

There's been alot of talk about what everyone thinks about Dayton coming into our district.And how our teams feel about it.But what if you were Dayton's coach? You are sitting there waiting to hear the news and hoping everything works out for you and your team. And then all of a sudden you find your team will be playing with Ned.,PNG,Ozen Central,Vidor, and LCM.

I think he left there scratching his head,wondering what just happened

There's been alot of talk about what everyone thinks about Dayton coming into our district.And how our teams feel about it.But what if you were Dayton's coach? You are sitting there waiting to hear the news and hoping everything works out for you and your team. And then all of a sudden you find your team will be playing with Ned.' date='PNG,Ozen Central,Vidor, and LCM.

I think he left there scratching his head,wondering what just happened[/quote']

Dayton absolutely got the raw end of that deal. If for no other reason, they have a lot of miles to travel when thwey could be 20 minutes from any one of the other teams. Dayton may have the last laugh when it is all said and done. I think Dayton may be the team that bumps someone who would have made the playoffs.

How do you count Ozen out of the mix? However, I do believe that WB's success will hurt Ozen to some degree. If Stump continues to build a winning program, more kids will opt to go to the Brook over Ozen. Dayton definitely makes the district stronger.

I have to agree. MC gets ragged about doing steroids, but on the other hand they are dissed for not having the size to get D1 scholarships. The ones making these accusations need to be careful, they may unintentionally implicate their own schools players since, in their eyes, they are the only ones that have the size and ability to play at the next level. I admire MC players for having the work ethics that make them successful not only in sports but in life.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder