Coldspring @ Cleveland

Guest etbu

Guest wos grad

Unless I am mistaken, the loser of this game draws WOS in the first round!

Which results in a loss for either Cleveland or Coldspring!!!!!

Not necessarily.

Your correct. Unless we improve on the OL and the Playcalling i could see an early exit.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen both teams play and have to give a slight advantage to the Cleveland Indians - but very slight.  The good news I think is that this year 22-3A is going to send to 2 teams with a decent chance of knocking off a few of the 21-3A opposition in the first round of the playoffs.

As far as who has the best defense - hands down Cleveland - but Coldsprings will be able to score on them.

Prediction:

Cleveland - 27

Coldsprings - 25

Guest dailynews

CLASS 3A RANKINGS

Cleveland Indians

#1 in the state in Team Defense  3 pts per game

#1 in the state in Margin of Victory  38 pts per game

#8 in the state in Team Offense  41 pts per game

Coldspring Trojans

#52 in the state in Team Defense  21 pts per game

#21 in the state in Margin of Victory  16 pts per game

#19 in the state in Team Offense  37 pts per game

CLASS 3A RANKINGS

Cleveland Indians

#1 in the state in Team Defense  3 pts per game

#1 in the state in Margin of Victory  38 pts per game

#8 in the state in Team Offense  41 pts per game

Coldspring Trojans

#52 in the state in Team Defense  21 pts per game

#21 in the state in Margin of Victory  16 pts per game

#19 in the state in Team Offense  37 pts per game

You need to also include the Cleveland strength of schedule... stats can be misleading. Especially in a short season.

Guest dailynews

Coldspring Pre-District

Crockett 4-4 (L 21-6)

Diboll 7-1 (L 40-36)

Madisonville 2-5 (W 52-34)

Cleveland Pre-District

Hardin-Jefferson 4-3 (W 21-0)

Bryan Rudder 0-7 (W 48-0)

New Caney 1-6 (5A School W 30-0)

Coldspring lost all games vs a decent team. That is nothing to brag about.

Don't worry about my age that's irrelevant to what were talking about! All I know is the only ones going to bed early tomorrow is Coldspring!  Cleveland's defense is going to shut them boys down! Holla back at me after the game if you still think Clevelands "D" is going to give up 35 points.  I promise you won't have much to say.

i would like to say that the trojans offense is more explosive but every week it seems that a new weapon is released from cleveland. in my opinion the deciding factors will be the indians ability to play team defense and how technical that they execute their offense with out turnovers. with that said coldsprings has more than enought talent to make this game swing the other way the more that i think about it.

We can pull up whatever numbers we want as far as strength of schedule goes, but the bottom line is this.....  who would you rather play in the pre-district????

Bryan Rudder, Huntington, and New Caney  (Cleveland's opponents)

or

Crockett, Madisonville, and Diboll  (Coldspring's opponents)

Coldspring has played teams equal to and better than Cleveland. And, fared well, or won against them all.  Cleveland is no-where the caliber of a team that Diboll is. And yes, Coldspring did lose that game 40-36.

Cleveland has not played anyone even close to Coldspring's talent level. The only contest Cleveland had was Huffman.... in which the score was 21-11.  Thats the same Huffman team that Coldspring beat 30-14 (and Huffman was very lucky that they were not embarrassed in that game).

We can sit and say Cleveland's better; or Coldspring's better. But, it will all be decided tonight. And hopefully it will be decided by a good game in which both teams play to the best of their ability, the coaches coach a good game, and the officials call a good game.  That way there won't be anyone on here tomorrow saying "well, cleveland should have won if it weren't for fumbles.... or the officials...." and vice-versa if Coldspring loses.

I know that both teams are very good teams and both have a shot of making it past the first round regardless of who their first round opponent is.

Good luck to both.

We can pull up whatever numbers we want as far as strength of schedule goes, but the bottom line is this.....  who would you rather play in the pre-district????

Bryan Rudder, Huntington, and New Caney  (Cleveland's opponents)

or

Crockett, Madisonville, and Diboll  (Coldspring's opponents)

Coldspring has played teams equal to and better than Cleveland. And, fared well, or won against them all.  Cleveland is no-where the caliber of a team that Diboll is. And yes, Coldspring did lose that game 40-36.

Cleveland has not played anyone even close to Coldspring's talent level. The only contest Cleveland had was Huffman.... in which the score was 21-11.  Thats the same Huffman team that Coldspring beat 30-14 (and Huffman was very lucky that they were not embarrassed in that game).

We can sit and say Cleveland's better; or Coldspring's better. But, it will all be decided tonight. And hopefully it will be decided by a good game in which both teams play to the best of their ability, the coaches coach a good game, and the officials call a good game.  That way there won't be anyone on here tomorrow saying "well, cleveland should have won if it weren't for fumbles.... or the officials...." and vice-versa if Coldspring loses.

I know that both teams are very good teams and both have a shot of making it past the first round regardless of who their first round opponent is.

Good luck to both.

i dont think they played huntington instead it was hj

but i agree with the end of the post

Guest shawnatkins

wos will be their districts only dominant playoff team. It's not near the same as it was the past few years. I believe in preseason games tho. It's going to b a shock for Cleveland the first good team they play. But in the playoffs I'm pretty sure hj will fall and wos will win. But the big schools will b silsbee and huffman I'm assuming and that mite b a good game. Overall 21 is DEF still stronger as a whole but I believe they match up in the playoff picture just about

Pretty much like I expected. A slow close start at first and then Cleveland turned it up a notch in the second half.

The finish with Spledora and will end up with HJ in the first round. So they will at least make a second round appearance because I don't think that HJ will avenge the early loss.

Coldspring had a great season and unfortunately will be out early against WOS.

But I am wondering where are the Coldspring supporters who now have to eat crow?

No Suprises.  Most people choose to form opinions with narrow minded tunnel vision.  Cleveland dominated the football game.  Coldsprings is a good football team as expected.  In the intrest of forum writers not making absolute fools of themselves, try actually seeing Cleveland play a football game before you decide to bless us with anymore bold predictions.  That is a good tip for all the WOS faithful.  Cleveland plays hard for four quarters and they can bring the hat on defense.  Depth and defense is always a good formula for championships.

d bull how old are u? Are u even old enough to stay up late? You haven't a clue what you a talking about. Regardless of the stress level that cleveland coaches are under right now because of who they will have to play in the playoffs. they need to worry about making it through this week. coldsprings is going to hang up 35 on the "tribe." So please go to sleep and don't forget to say your prayers. Cleveland is going to need a lil "extra" help this friday night!!

Where's Prime Time with all his big talk now?????????   

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder

• Cohen……a lying, backstabbing pos who does nothing but lie every time he opens his mouth. Let him utter words the prosecution wants to hear, and we can convict. Cohen told his ex advisor that he wanted to kill himself. What a worldly loss that would be. Let anyone on this board be put through the wringer with false charges and lies like Trump has had to endure, and you would be screaming at the top of your lungs how illegal all of this is.
    • It was and remains perfectly timed and choregraphed Kangaroo Court, whatever Cohen just said or lied about.  Face it, under Soros installed Biden and Merrick Garland, the USA is now officially a Bananna Republic with a Goverment that weaponizes itself against and destroys its political rivals. Putin and Xi are SO proud!  Dang I miss Democracy.       
    • I haven’t been watching closely, but even the liberal sources even tell the story as “the defense really took apart Cohen’s testimony on Thursday.” It sounds like sloppy work from the prosecution to point out a specific call as being “the one,” when it was easily concluded that this particular call could not have occurred the way that Cohen (and the prosecution) claim it to have happened.    The bad news is that I doubt that it matters much-I suspect that most jurors minds were closed before testimony started.   I don’t see Trump leaving with anything less than a conviction based on the venue (NYC).
    • Tough case all the way around.  The guy had a lot of online activity come out where he made racist statements and statements about killing BLM protesters and looters.  So when he then goes out and does it, it looks really bad.  I've seen a lot of videos where people have driven through protestors, defended themselves against them, etc., and didn't bat an eye.  This feels different, but that doesn't necessarily make it murder, either.  His account of the events that happened vs. the witness accounts were both very different, but I'd also expect both sides' accounts to be self-serving and inaccurate to fit their narrative.  Not really sure what to think on this one.  
    • @CardinalBacker   Wanted to get your thoughts on how Cohen did as Bragg's star witness..... My Take: The State spent two days acknowledging that Cohen lied all the time but now he has come clean,,,,,,,it took the defense (having same evidence state had), just a few hours to confirm Cohen lied to the current jury a couple days ago......  While I thought initially Trump would be found guilty due to venue, with best case a hung jury, there is now a pretty good chance he will be acquitted...... Thoughts anyone??   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up
  • Topics