*WO-S vs. Silsbee Updates*/WO-S SURVIVES A SCARE!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

west orange-stark should have won  by 20 points ,but the tigers just  came to play and the mustangs  just let them no big deal i can live with it,  the best to silsbee this year your a better team from what your record  shows

Hey skip, just what do you mean by "the mustangs just let them"?

Guest wos grad

This just in...We won the game.

Woo Woo, throw a party! We have to much speed for this. Go back to sweep right sweep left when it's 3rd and 3 or 3rd and 4, maybe that will work, Garrett will get the yards. When a Defense Blitzes, stacks the box make adjustments for heaven's sake.

This just in...We won the game.

Woo Woo, throw a party! We have to much speed for this. Go back to sweep right sweep left when it's 3rd and 3 or 3rd and 4, maybe that will work, Garrett will get the yards. When a Defense Blitzes, stacks the box make adjustments for heaven's sake.

What's going on in Orange county, Moody now Hooks ?

I will make NO excuses...  The two opponents which I have feared the most since dropping to 4A 22 years ago have ALWAYS been FIRST Silsbee and SECOND Jasper....  Silsbee won the game in my mind, they were the better team in my opinion, they just happened to have lost on paper.

Good luck to the Tigers against Navasota in the 2nd round of the playoffs...  I'm thinking you have a definite chance.

moody,  coach hooks  is  fine. the mustangs just gave the tigers just to much room all night friday. mustangs fans will tell u  thay  were not playing hard nose  mustang football i  just cant explan it ,but i am proud of silsbee thay came to play and that thay did.i just cant explan  the thinking are the game plan of the mustang put in play that night maybe someone can tell me lol

Guest Wildcat 08

It just kills me that some of you call the QB run play out of the spread a "QB Sneak" Not even close and you show your ignorance of the offense for calling it a sneak. Hypolite officially had 130 yds on 27 carries that's an avg of 4.8 yd per carry. Silsbee did a great job of bringing pressure off of the corners which allowed for the QB runs off guard and tackle to be successful. WOS just didn't get the job done early when they had the ball in Silsbee territory in the first half and anytime you do that it's gonna be trouble. Silsbee is one of the few local teams that has the speed to match with WOS and it shows in the last few years with the close games. I still think that alot of teams that missed alot of practice are still trying to get that rhythm back. It will come.

Oh yea the Holding call that probably cost us the 1st Q TD wasn't even there on the tape but that doesn't surprise me. Deal is when plays aren't working don't keep running them. Heck Garrett didn't get the ball enough either.

Kirbyville used to have that problem then Coach Alverez fixed that.

It just kills me that some of you call the QB run play out of the spread a "QB Sneak" Not even close and you show your ignorance of the offense for calling it a sneak. Hypolite officially had 130 yds on 27 carries that's an avg of 4.8 yd per carry. Silsbee did a great job of bringing pressure off of the corners which allowed for the QB runs off guard and tackle to be successful. WOS just didn't get the job done early when they had the ball in Silsbee territory in the first half and anytime you do that it's gonna be trouble. Silsbee is one of the few local teams that has the speed to match with WOS and it shows in the last few years with the close games. I still think that alot of teams that missed alot of practice are still trying to get that rhythm back. It will come.

Oh yea the Holding call that probably cost us the 1st Q TD wasn't even there on the tape but that doesn't surprise me. Deal is when plays aren't working don't keep running them. Heck Garrett didn't get the ball enough either.

There you have it, when Coach Hooks retires Coach Alvarez can move in.

Guest wos grad

It's NOT Hooks.

It's NOT Hooks.

Last time I talked to him, he still was the HC.

I will make NO excuses...  The two opponents which I have feared the most since dropping to 4A 22 years ago have ALWAYS been FIRST Silsbee and SECOND Jasper....  Silsbee won the game in my mind, they were the better team in my opinion, they just happened to have lost on paper.

Good luck to the Tigers against Navasota in the 2nd round of the playoffs...  I'm thinking you have a definite chance.

Thanks for the props, WOS87. Nice to here that coming from a Stang fan. Since these two teams dropped down to 3A, I thought the Tigers matched up well against the Mustangs. To me it's just been that WOS has made one or two more plays each game that's gotten them the win. Maybe except for this last one, where it took a major blunder by the Tigers at the end of regulation to allow the Mustangs to sneak out of there with a win.

I am not so sure about the Navasota thing, we'll have to play our very best to pull that one out. I will say that I believe that the rest of our district opponents better look out, there's some angry Tigers on the prowl.

No excuses here.From what I saw wo-s defense shut down silsbee O and silsbee's defense shut down wo-s O.It's the same play calling we had all year that's been working...Silsbee shut it down.It will continue to be the same play calling.The only thing that could have been better was the passing game.I have never seen Hip.so ineffective.Props to Silsbee,they played hard.

i dont understand the kneel down.

Scooter:  There was only about 15 seconds left on the clock.  The qb was told to go up under the center and then spike the ball but the qb kneeled it instead.  Maybe he thought there was still a time out?  Anyway, the clock ticks off and the game ends tied 7-7. 

but isnt it kinda the teams responsibility to let that QB know there is no timeouts left? that was weird. if he goes clock play they win on a FG. they were in position. maybe the team asked for a kneel down i dont know, kinda odd IMO.

I talked to a Silsbee coach after the game and they were telling him to spike it. He must have just gotten confused.

Here we go with that same old crap again. ::) The last three games that these two teams have played it has been a dog fight. Yet, some of you Mustang fans, and I repeat SOME, can't accept the fact that just maybe Silsbee was just that tough an opponent. You want to blame the coaches, the refs, or the elements, for the Stangs poor play and not give credit to the Tigers. WOS has been blowing people out and everyone seemed to be happy with the playcalling then. Now a close game comes along which just happens to be against a team that has played you close every game the last 3 years, and you want to cry about the coaches. Why can't it be the fact that Silsbee's defense just played their butts off like they have the last two times they played WOS and leave it at that?

From what I saw from our broadcast booth was the Tigers were unable to defend the inside run, but was able to take away the outside and that had to be the best game our secondary has played all season. Their coverage was excellant. The middle was not that open as some of you have stated. In fact Silsbee picked off one across the middle and should have had another.

See that's the problem I have with SOME of you Mustang fans in that you never seem to give the other team credit when you lose or in this case win a very close game. You cry about the playcalling or something else othe than the other team playing well. It looks to me that the common denominator for WOS in these close games was not the playcalling but the fact that it was Silsbee playing. ;)

I am still waiting to make my official post on the game when I can talk to the Silsbee coaches about that last play in regulation. I will post it soon.

Good post. Congratulations Silsbee.

i dont understand the kneel down.

Scooter:  There was only about 15 seconds left on the clock.  The qb was told to go up under the center and then spike the ball but the qb kneeled it instead.  Maybe he thought there was still a time out?  Anyway, the clock ticks off and the game ends tied 7-7. 

but isnt it kinda the teams responsibility to let that QB know there is no timeouts left? that was weird. if he goes clock play they win on a FG. they were in position. maybe the team asked for a kneel down i dont know, kinda odd IMO.

I talked to a Silsbee coach after the game and they were telling him to spike it. He must have just gotten confused.

I think that is what happened.They must not have had time to go over this kind of sistuation with the qb before that last play.This is just a kid and he did his best.Lord...you have people in the pro's that make bonehead mistakes.

Guest wos grad

No excuses here.From what I saw wo-s defense shut down silsbee O and silsbee's defense shut down wo-s O.It's the same play calling we had all year that's been working...Silsbee shut it down.It will continue to be the same play calling.The only thing that could have been better was the passing game.I have never seen Hip.so ineffective.Props to Silsbee,they played hard.

Exactly!!! It won't work in the Playoffs either, that's why you have to come up with something different.

Guest Pirate V Ball

A coach told me that the Holding call WOS had in the beginning wasn't there and that catch they ruled out of bounds was INBOUNDS, that's 2 TD's right there most likely.

Yes he is the HC but he doesn't call all the plays.

He may not call all the plays, but I bet he backs up all of them. The final decision goes through him.

Not actually. The OC is in the press box and relays the plays through another coach via a headset, who relays them to the QB. He's not a micromanager.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder