*WO-S vs. Silsbee Updates*/WO-S SURVIVES A SCARE!

we ALL were speechless ,the tigers gave the mustangs the MIDDLE (ALL NIGHT) but WOW even gave the slant opt  but WOW agan  theQB keeps the ball no suprise the tigers  LOVED IT. LET ME TELL YOU PEOPLES THIS(IF THIS KEEPS UP) the mustangs might haft to go to there back up QB

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Dirk Diggler

LOL. What's bad is we didn't even throw many bombs like in previous weeks. What bothers me is i'm sure the coaches saw a weakness in Silsbee's defense against Jasper with the QB running the ball, i'm sure that's why we did it all night . BUT when it don't work don't keep doing it!

Do to my screwed up work schedule since IKE, I was not able to see this game.  I did read the stats in the paper and the Chronicle had Hypolite rushing for 121 yards.  I believe he is the QB, and unless I am wrong about who the QB is, that is a pretty good night!  Surely yall didn't think that Silsbee was gonna allow Garrett to just run wild like he did against Nederland.  I wish I coulda seen this one!!!!

Guest wos grad

Be glad you had to work. Not taking anything away from Silsbee but they went to over time with Kelly, had 38 points scored on them against Diboll, 40 points Houston davis put on them. I would think things would have to change before the Playoffs, Those teams including Coldspring in round 1 will win i can promise you. Wish Toby was calling plays! Surely your not saying Silsbee is better than Nederland?

Be glad you had to work. Not taking anything away from Silsbee but they went to over time with Kelly, had 38 points scored on them against Diboll, 40 points Houston davis put on them. I would think things would have to change before the Playoffs, Those teams including Coldspring in round 1 will win i can promise you. Wish Toby was calling plays! Surely your not saying Silsbee is better than Nederland?

Silsbee hasn't had a cupcake schedule.

Diboll is 4-1, played silsbee 27-24

Houston Davis is undefeated, played silsbee 38-34

Silsbee had the lead in both these games going into the 4th

Here we go with that same old crap again. ::) The last three games that these two teams have played it has been a dog fight. Yet, some of you Mustang fans, and I repeat SOME, can't accept the fact that just maybe Silsbee was just that tough an opponent. You want to blame the coaches, the refs, or the elements, for the Stangs poor play and not give credit to the Tigers. WOS has been blowing people out and everyone seemed to be happy with the playcalling then. Now a close game comes along which just happens to be against a team that has played you close every game the last 3 years, and you want to cry about the coaches. Why can't it be the fact that Silsbee's defense just played their butts off like they have the last two times they played WOS and leave it at that?

From what I saw from our broadcast booth was the Tigers were unable to defend the inside run, but was able to take away the outside and that had to be the best game our secondary has played all season. Their coverage was excellant. The middle was not that open as some of you have stated. In fact Silsbee picked off one across the middle and should have had another.

See that's the problem I have with SOME of you Mustang fans in that you never seem to give the other team credit when you lose or in this case win a very close game. You cry about the playcalling or something else othe than the other team playing well. It looks to me that the common denominator for WOS in these close games was not the playcalling but the fact that it was Silsbee playing. ;)

I am still waiting to make my official post on the game when I can talk to the Silsbee coaches about that last play in regulation. I will post it soon.

LOL. What's bad is we didn't even throw many bombs like in previous weeks. What bothers me is i'm sure the coaches saw a weakness in Silsbee's defense against Jasper with the QB running the ball, i'm sure that's why we did it all night . BUT when it don't work don't keep doing it!

WRONG. Bailey only had 19 yards rushing against Silsbee. What they may have saw was the fact that Silsbee was vulnerable to the inside run. Diboll and Jasper(with their runningbacks) hurt us some inside, but never outside or with the qb's running.

Also, I'm curious how many of those QB runs in the first half were really busted plays rather than designed runs due to the problem we were having with really high snaps. Hypolite had to jump for a few of them, and either Quinny was gone by the time he came down with it or the pocket was collapsing.

Also, I'm curious how many of those QB runs in the first half were really busted plays rather than designed runs due to the problem we were having with really high snaps. Hypolite had to jump for a few of them, and either Quinny was gone by the time he came down with it or the pocket was collapsing.

Great observation there WOS92. The Stangs did struggle with the snaps all night, at times really disrupted the play. Unlike the Tigers, who had their best game all season at snapping the ball. We really have struggled with that coming into that game, cost us two losses IMO.

Guest Dirk Diggler

Here we go with that same old crap again. ::) The last three games that these two teams have played it has been a dog fight. Yet, some of you Mustang fans, and I repeat SOME, can't accept the fact that just maybe Silsbee was just that tough an opponent. You want to blame the coaches, the refs, or the elements, for the Stangs poor play and not give credit to the Tigers. WOS has been blowing people out and everyone seemed to be happy with the playcalling then. Now a close game comes along which just happens to be against a team that has played you close every game the last 3 years, and you want to cry about the coaches. Why can't it be the fact that Silsbee's defense just played their butts off like they have the last two times they played WOS and leave it at that?

From what I saw from our broadcast booth was the Tigers were unable to defend the inside run, but was able to take away the outside and that had to be the best game our secondary has played all season. Their coverage was excellant. The middle was not that open as some of you have stated. In fact Silsbee picked off one across the middle and should have had another.

See that's the problem I have with SOME of you Mustang fans in that you never seem to give the other team credit when you lose or in this case win a very close game. You cry about the playcalling or something else othe than the other team playing well. It looks to me that the common denominator for WOS in these close games was not the playcalling but the fact that it was Silsbee playing. ;)

I am still waiting to make my official post on the game when I can talk to the Silsbee coaches about that last play in regulation. I will post it soon.

I can't believe you couldn't even see that bad playcalling, good lord. QB sneak every other play, all we're saying is if it Ain't working don't do it!!!!!!!!! Worst played and playcalled game in years from WO-S, ask Nederland that!

It just kills me that some of you call the QB run play out of the spread a "QB Sneak" Not even close and you show your ignorance of the offense for calling it a sneak. Hypolite officially had 130 yds on 27 carries that's an avg of 4.8 yd per carry. Silsbee did a great job of bringing pressure off of the corners which allowed for the QB runs off guard and tackle to be successful. WOS just didn't get the job done early when they had the ball in Silsbee territory in the first half and anytime you do that it's gonna be trouble. Silsbee is one of the few local teams that has the speed to match with WOS and it shows in the last few years with the close games. I still think that alot of teams that missed alot of practice are still trying to get that rhythm back. It will come.

It seems to me everytime I see someone make a post that has "WOS" anywhere in its body you HAVE to post your dumb,ridiculous,biased opinion about WOS.... As much as I hate you at times I actually agree with you on this  ;D. The play calling has been fine all year and noone as said anything about it until now. I thought that being we had a returning coach back in the stable our QB play would look different but it hasnt! I will say it does get old when the play calling consists of run,run,bomb,punt....  ;)

Guest Dirk Diggler

It just kills me that some of you call the QB run play out of the spread a "QB Sneak" Not even close and you show your ignorance of the offense for calling it a sneak. Hypolite officially had 130 yds on 27 carries that's an avg of 4.8 yd per carry. Silsbee did a great job of bringing pressure off of the corners which allowed for the QB runs off guard and tackle to be successful. WOS just didn't get the job done early when they had the ball in Silsbee territory in the first half and anytime you do that it's gonna be trouble. Silsbee is one of the few local teams that has the speed to match with WOS and it shows in the last few years with the close games. I still think that alot of teams that missed alot of practice are still trying to get that rhythm back. It will come.

Oh yea the Holding call that probably cost us the 1st Q TD wasn't even there on the tape but that doesn't surprise me. Deal is when plays aren't working don't keep running them. Heck Garrett didn't get the ball enough either.

Guest Kelly Football

It seems to me everytime I see someone make a post that has "WOS" anywhere in its body you HAVE to post your dumb,ridiculous,biased opinion about WOS.... As much as I hate you at times I actually agree with you on this  ;D. The play calling has been fine all year and noone as said anything about it until now. I thought that being we had a returning coach back in the stable our QB play would look different but it hasnt! I will say it does get old when the play calling consists of run,run,bomb,punt....  ;)

That one Coach isn't getting to call plays, as you can tell.

I think, and I can't speak for everyone, that most WO-S fans are not frustrated with playcalling when we're winning because it's working. The problem comes when there is a serious lack of adjustment when the playcalling is NOT working. I'm glad LuvYaBlue said that, because we're constantly saying, "First down, time to run," or, "Silsbee threw on first down! Is that LEGAL? Where's the FLAG?" (sarcasm, obviously). I'll give the OC credit: he throws more frequently on second down than in the past, and I've said that several times. In my opinion, it's not as bad as it WAS. My main problem has been the lack of utilizing an effective short-to-mid range passing game - especially slant plays (and similar routes) when the middle IS open consistently.

Having said that, we actually threw quite a few mid-range passes against Silsbee. They just didn't execute. I don't know what was wrong with Hypolite for a short period there in the game. He seemed way off target, which is not normal. There in the fourth, it looked like he pulled it back together. But for at least one quarter, passes were way off - one short pass even hit the dirt (a first).

But by all means, Silsbee was our equal on Friday night. I'd heard horrible things about the Tigers' defense, but I told those around me that they don't miss many tackles (or didn't on Friday night). We, on the other hand, missed a ton, which is not typical of the Chain Gang. I attribute a little of that to being out of sync and a lot of it to Silsbee just wanting it more for three quarters.

Good job pulling out the win, Stangs. That is a huge show of character. But it's time to wake up and get angry. You're going to have to FIGHT to keep the streak alive - not go through the motions. It was good to see you there in the fourth.

I think, and I can't speak for everyone, that most WO-S fans are not frustrated with playcalling when we're winning because it's working. The problem comes when there is a serious lack of adjustment when the playcalling is NOT working. I'm glad LuvYaBlue said that, because we're constantly saying, "First down, time to run," or, "Silsbee threw on first down! Is that LEGAL? Where's the FLAG?" (sarcasm, obviously). I'll give the OC credit: he throws more frequently on second down than in the past, and I've said that several times. In my opinion, it's not as bad as it WAS. My main problem has been the lack of utilizing an effective short-to-mid range passing game - especially slant plays (and similar routes) when the middle IS open consistently.

Having said that, we actually threw quite a few mid-range passes against Silsbee. They just didn't execute. I don't know what was wrong with Hypolite for a short period there in the game. He seemed way off target, which is not normal. There in the fourth, it looked like he pulled it back together. But for at least one quarter, passes were way off - one short pass even hit the dirt (a first).

But by all means, Silsbee was our equal on Friday night. I'd heard horrible things about the Tigers' defense, but I told those around me that they don't miss many tackles (or didn't on Friday night). We, on the other hand, missed a ton, which is not typical of the Chain Gang. I attribute a little of that to being out of sync and a lot of it to Silsbee just wanting it more for three quarters.

Good job pulling out the win, Stangs. That is a huge show of character. But it's time to wake up and get angry. You're going to have to FIGHT to keep the streak alive - not go through the motions. It was good to see you there in the fourth.

I believe that to be a very fair and honest assessment. Kudos to you WOS92.

Guest wos grad

You guys need to throw more on first down to from what i have seen and heard. To much talent there to only score 14 on Silsbee.

Good question!!!!!!! Sonmething else that makes no sense.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder