*WO-S vs. Silsbee Updates*/WO-S SURVIVES A SCARE!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exciting ballgame tonight!  Congrats to both teams on an outstanding Defensive football game.  WO-S did look a little rusty and not quite themselves, but you gotta give those Tigers their due...  they played a fine ballgame, and took the 'Stangs to the wire once again.  It doesn't get any tougher than this one!  ;)

Exciting ballgame tonight!  Congrats to both teams on an outstanding Defensive football game.  WO-S did look a little rusty and not quite themselves, but you gotta give those Tigers their due...  they played a fine ballgame, and took the 'Stangs to the wire once again.  It doesn't get any tougher than this one!  ;)

Pretty smooth sailing from here on out for the Stangs!!!!  Better be careful when you come to Sour Lake!!! ;) ;D

congrats mustangs. you could have given up but you kept in it. This game could have gone either way tonight. my hats off to the silsbee tiger for they gave WOS a run for there money. WOS offense was really off tonight and the tigers took advantage of it. Great game for the crowd as it was defensively exciting. Again good game.

Guest Dirk Diggler

Silsbee played a good Defensive game! NOW TIME TO LET OFF SOME STEAM! THE REFS COST WOS A TD IN THE FIRST QUARTER WITH 1 OR HOLDING CALLS THAT WEREN'T THERE (TYPICAL). 2ND THE PLAYCALLING IS WORSE THAN LAST YEAR! PERIOD! WHY IN THE HELL DO WE KEEP RUNNING QB SNEAKS WHEN THEY DON'T WORK??????????????????? FINALLY THE OL NEEDS WORK!!!

i dont understand the kneel down.

Scooter:  There was only about 15 seconds left on the clock.  The qb was told to go up under the center and then spike the ball but the qb kneeled it instead.  Maybe he thought there was still a time out?  Anyway, the clock ticks off and the game ends tied 7-7. 

i dont understand the kneel down.

Scooter:  There was only about 15 seconds left on the clock.  The qb was told to go up under the center and then spike the ball but the qb kneeled it instead.  Maybe he thought there was still a time out?  Anyway, the clock ticks off and the game ends tied 7-7. 

but isnt it kinda the teams responsibility to let that QB know there is no timeouts left? that was weird. if he goes clock play they win on a FG. they were in position. maybe the team asked for a kneel down i dont know, kinda odd IMO.

He knelt, then stood up and panicked and spiked it BACKWARDS, which WO-S grabbed. It would have been live and recovered by WO-S had he not taken a knee. Just a very costly brain fart.

I will give Silsbee props. They were the better team in the first half and equal to WO-S in the third quarter. In the fourth, WO-S seemed to dominate until the muffed punt gave the Tigers new life. Once it went into OT, the Stangs finally shook off whatever had been mudding them up all night. Silsbee's tackling was fantastic. I wish we'd had as solid a grip on defense tonight. I don't know if the Mustangs came in expecting to walk over Silsbee or what, but, regardless, both teams played hard and will wake up in the morning knowing that they played somebody.

Fortunately, WO-S again found a way to win. Great game, Silsbee.

Guest Kelly Football

Silsbee played a good Defensive game! NOW TIME TO LET OFF SOME STEAM! THE REFS COST WOS A TD IN THE FIRST QUARTER WITH 1 OR HOLDING CALLS THAT WEREN'T THERE (TYPICAL). 2ND THE PLAYCALLING IS WORSE THAN LAST YEAR! PERIOD! WHY IN THE heck DO WE KEEP RUNNING QB SNEAKS WHEN THEY DON'T WORK??????????????????? FINALLY THE OL NEEDS WORK!!!

Yea i couldn't figure that out either. Bad calls on WO-S from the REFS but the playcalling was terrible.

Silsbee played very well! Johnson, who almost never goes under center, took the knee. Remeber they are HS kids playing a game. It was a mistake, but remember.... WHen they normally go under center it is to run out the clock and take a knee. He was prolly programed to do it. Great game! This has got to be the game of the year so far!

I am going to hold off making my after game post until I speak with some Tiger coaches as to what really happened on that last play of regulation. We all know Johnson took the knee, but why? From our broadcast booth, there seemed to be a lot of confusion both on the field and sideline.

I will say this, this lost will hurt for a long time. :'(

Just a question, I,m not a football expert.---After Silsbee QB kneeled the ball and then got up and threw the ball into the ground , could the ref have thrown a flag for unsportsman like conduct, back them up  15 yards stopping the clock and maybe giving them a chance for the field goal.  Just don’t  know about that ref. crew.

Silsbee played with heart. You have to remember that they are a young team.  Bad things are going to happen when you are young. If they LEARN from it, they will only get better. Silsbee went to the house of the third ranked team in the state of Texas, and put the wood to them. They had WOS confused.  Good job boys!  Shut the door next time.

Guest Dirk Diggler

Not from the STangs! That was the worst Offensive performance i've ever seen from them in years. and the worst play called game to!

Here we go

It's really sad! The OC and Hooks are scared to throw in the middle of the field afraid of getting a reciever hurt but yet they run a QB sneak a 100 times Friday night not worrying about getting him hurt. Sad thing is the QB sneak wasn't working and they STILL continued to run it! Example, When WOS had Earl Thomas (UT stud) and Beasley it was the same crap.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder