PN-G ----- LC-M game last night

Fans are a very important part of the football program. When the kids see and feel the large crowds, they are impressed to become a part of a program because of the fans and people in the community supporting that program. When the fans disappear the program goes down hill because kids are not interesting in the program..Kids are the future of your program.  Thats why programs like WO-S, Newton, PG, Nederland, etc... keep reloading. The kids will tell you at Newton that "when you play football at Newton you are somebody".

Very sad to see such a small turnout, especially at home. There were a lot of kids sitting on the PN-G side of the stands and were probably impressed by the large vocal, spiritual, crown that was supporting their team. It has a big bearing on how many kids come out for football in the future. It's surely not the only reason or the main reason for winning but it is an improtant part of the program.

Very hard to get it back once you lose it..

I, as one of LCM supporters, would like to say how proud of LCM boys that have stuck it out because they love the game of football. Most of the boys, especially mine, has been told by Coach one thing in practice but when it comes to the game Coach does another. I can see the sparkle (love for football) in my sons eyes gone. I think its really sad, these boys have to deal with this coach day end day out. Now also let me say there are some good Assistant Coach's but Moody micro-manages and unfortantily they aren't allowed to do their job. I praying daily this Coach will soon be gone. Boys hang in there, it will be a long season, there's always hope for next year.

GO LCM BOYS!!!!

It was dissappointing to see how few fans there were for LCM last night.  I actually couldn't believe it....their stands were very scattered.  PNG, brought the fans and the fans were ROWDY!  Kinda felt like PNG in the 70's, everyone standing for Cherokee, doing the tomahawk chop to the War chant, etc.  Felt, good, real GOOD!  We'll be ready for Nederland Saturday!

Sad to say but when you have the problems LCM has in football the crowds will not show and that is true for almost any school when your not competitive people will not show. Maybe the school board will start to recognize the problem. My hats off to the boys that are still playing it shows character, good luck the rest of the year. Congrats to the Indians.

I, as one of LCM supporters, would like to say how proud of LCM boys that have stuck it out because they love the game of football. Most of the boys, especially mine, has been told by Coach one thing in practice but when it comes to the game Coach does another. I can see the sparkle (love for football) in my sons eyes gone. I think its really sad, these boys have to deal with this coach day end day out. Now also let me say there are some good Assistant Coach's but Moody micro-manages and unfortantily they aren't allowed to do their job. I praying daily this Coach will soon be gone. Boys hang in there, it will be a long season, there's always hope for next year.

GO LCM BOYS!!!!

The LCM players certainly do deserve everyones respect and admiration.  Even being down 34-0 they never quit, never gave up, never stopped trying, playing to the very end with enthusiasm.  I'm really proud of my son and his efforts along with all of his teamates.

I will start by saying I am an LCM fan, alumni and parent...

If last nights atmosphere at our stadium doesn't spell out CHANGE is needed... i am not sure what does.  I saw several of our administrators there and SURELY they saw what everyone else saw...  winning is not everything, but let's be honest...  if the team is not competitive, NO ONE other than parents of the team, band and drill team will be in the stands.  Good football fills the stands.  To drive home that last point, I will be in West Orange Friday watching the mustangs.  

I want the best for LCM and the community.  Something has got to change...  very, very sad.

I will start by saying I am an LCM fan, alumni and parent...

If last nights atmosphere at our stadium doesn't spell out CHANGE is needed... i am not sure what does.  I saw several of our administrators there and SURELY they saw what everyone else saw...  winning is not everything, but let's be honest...  if the team is not competitive, NO ONE other than parents of the team, band and drill team will be in the stands.  Good football fills the stands.  To drive home that last point, I will be in West Orange Friday watching the mustangs.  

I want the best for LCM and the community.  Something has got to change...  very, very sad.

Come on over. Let me know how many shirts you need and what sizes. I will be happy to provide them. Tell CP we have an opening for Saturday if he decides to change colors.

td,

sadly enough, we had plenty of room... for you, your family, your truck, trailer, 4wheelers, etc... 

until LCM is competitive, the stands will be scatterred only with parents of the kids participating. 

WOS football is attended not only by the parents, but even people who live outside the community.  Kinda like WOS fans coming to watch LCM baseball  ;)

Had to slip in the Bear Baseball. ;D  I thought the game was packed.  I drove down 87 and saw that PNG had their side packed and just figured that LCM would too.  Sad to hear that it wasn't.  Don't say that it is because of a Tuesday night.  LCM got barely any damage from the storm.  PNG got some problems.  There are more people in Mid County that are homeless compared to people north of the interstate over here.  They all traveled on a Tuesday.

GO LCM BOYS!!!!

saying one thing and doing another is a lack of self confidence.

a coach with confidence can make a deference.

a coach with no confidence will fell.

a coach that has support will have confidence.

parents and fans should support the coach if not the players (future parents and fans) will be seating wear you are doing the same thing.

pray for him not against him

what do you have to lose a game   

GO LCM BOYS!!!!

saying one thing and doing another is a lack of self confidence.

a coach with confidence can make a deference.

a coach with no confidence will fell.

a coach that has support will have confidence.

parents and fans should support the coach if not the players (future parents and fans) will be seating wear you are doing the same thing.

pray for him not against him

what do you have to lose a game   

What in the hell are you trying to say?

I'm not going to be the "Grammer Police" but come on.

Sounds like the poor guy from Lumberton that had that post before the storm.

td,

sadly enough, we had plenty of room... for you, your family, your truck, trailer, 4wheelers, etc... 

until LCM is competitive, the stands will be scatterred only with parents of the kids participating. 

WOS football is attended not only by the parents, but even people who live outside the community.  Kinda like WOS fans coming to watch LCM baseball  ;)

I absolutely don't deny that at all. I attend alot of the Bear baseball games. I have given each and every WOS baseball coach a chance to not win but to start to make a change in the discipline and in the fundamentals. I have been disappointed as of late. I have faith in the guy that we have in there right now. Not that he will start to win right away but to start to turn the thing around. This year I will attend as many WOS baseball games as I do LCM games

As for criticizing LCM coaching staff...  we as outsiders cannot fully understand why the program appears to be failing at this time.

We can however, make observations and question why things are the way they are ( without implying the coaches are bad people or even bad coaches for that matter ) :

1)  why does there seem to be such apathy within the football program?

2)  why are some of the better athletes at LCM not playing football?

3)  why isn't the athletic director more involved in the community?

4)  why do we keep hearing about apathy, uninvolvement, and disorganization all the way down to the junior high level?

These are legitimate questions that at some point should be asked.  Those of us who ask the questions should not be looked at as "nonsupporters" of the program.  I am sure the coaches are fine men and only want the best for LCM and its students.  But at some point, you have to look back over the last few years, and come to the conclusion:  It's not working.  I hate to say it... and I know you are doing your best... but it just ain't working.  Sorry.

One of coach Moodys strong points when he was hired was to improve on the jr. high programs and we all know thats where a solid program begins, he has yet to address  those severe problems at that level, therefore poor participation at the higher levels.

td,

Oh I forgot to tell you I go to watch my nephew play ;) I've been doing it for years.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn