*Newton vs. Diboll/39-35 Diboll Wins/Comments*

KFDM COOP

Diboll did the excact same thing to my Tigers in their last game. Newton/Silsbee had a comfortable lead going into halftime, and then Diboll sneak up behind them and take the lead at the last min. I guess you can say Diboll game plan is to have a bad 1st half and then come out on top at the end by fooling everyone  ;D ;D ;D

Diboll did the excact same thing to my Tigers in their last game. Newton/Silsbee had a comfortable lead going into halftime, and then Diboll sneak up behind them and take the lead at the last min. I guess you can say Diboll game plan is to have a bad 1st half and then come out on top at the end by fooling everyone  ;D ;D ;D

Just a few weaks ago a Newton fan was saying Kirbyville don't play defense at all. I can't wait until Nov. 7 2008 because its fixing to get ugly.

I have watched football for 45 years and I don't think I have seen a worse officiated game!  Not sour grapes, just bad officiating.  Should be turned into UIL.

No Argument From Me. The U.I.L. Should Remove Not Only These Officials From Future Games, But Any Officials That Spoil The Game With Personally Motivated Misuse Of Their Position. They Have No Right Being Around These Athletes At Anytime, For Any Reason. The Hard Working Young Men And Young Women Deserve Only The Best The Games That They Participate In Have To Offer: The Coaching, The Competition And The Officiating. These Young Athletes Learn From the Actions That They Observe The Adults Around Them Displaying. It is Imperative That The Integrity, Honesty And Justice Is What Is Shown By Us All.

Guest EagleFan01

Hey Wildcat fan if you were at the game you would have seen that it wasn't our defense giving diboll Td's it was the official's giving them TD's everytime Diboll got the ball they were walked down the field by the refs. I don't complain or make excuses when Newton loses but I will have to say on this one the officiating was horrible some of the worse I have ever seen. Newton did not deserve to lose this game, the officials made it real clear they were not going to let Newton leave Diboll with a win and they were going to do everything in there power to keep the eagles from doing this. Newton was the better team and they would be the better team if they were to play ten games against diboll they would win all ten with a good set of officials.

Hey Wildcat fan if you were at the game you would have seen that it wasn't our defense giving diboll Td's it was the official's giving them TD's everytime Diboll got the ball they were walked down the field by the refs. I don't complain or make excuses when Newton loses but I will have to say on this one the officiating was horrible some of the worse I have ever seen. Newton did not deserve to lose this game, the officials made it real clear they were not going to let Newton leave Diboll with a win and they were going to do everything in there power to keep the eagles from doing this. Newton was the better team and they would be the better team if they were to play ten games against diboll they would win all ten.

*scratches head*

Can't be 10-0 if u start out 0-1...maybe that's just my Winnie math though.

Guest EagleFan01

Hey Wildcat fan if you were at the game you would have seen that it wasn't our defense giving diboll Td's it was the official's giving them TD's everytime Diboll got the ball they were walked down the field by the refs. I don't complain or make excuses when Newton loses but I will have to say on this one the officiating was horrible some of the worse I have ever seen. Newton did not deserve to lose this game, the officials made it real clear they were not going to let Newton leave Diboll with a win and they were going to do everything in there power to keep the eagles from doing this. Newton was the better team and they would be the better team if they were to play ten games against diboll they would win all ten.

*scratches head*

Newton is that much better than Diboll is what i was saying, when I said they would would beat them ten out of ten times. The officials were horrible..

*scratches head*

Newton is that much better than Diboll is what i was saying, when I said they would would beat them ten out of ten times. The officials were horrible..

Just ribbin with ya man. I'm sure Newton losing that big of a lead was more than coaches and players.

Hey Wildcat fan if you were at the game you would have seen that it wasn't our defense giving diboll Td's it was the official's giving them TD's everytime Diboll got the ball they were walked down the field by the refs. I don't complain or make excuses when Newton loses but I will have to say on this one the officiating was horrible some of the worse I have ever seen. Newton did not deserve to lose this game, the officials made it real clear they were not going to let Newton leave Diboll with a win and they were going to do everything in there power to keep the eagles from doing this. Newton was the better team and they would be the better team if they were to play ten games against diboll they would win all ten with a good set of officials.

I was at the game, and I do admit there were some questionable calls, but it went both ways.  Newton did have more penalties than diboll, think it was 13-14 for newton and 7-8 for Diboll.  Officials were inconsistent with their pass interference calls all night.  There were no calls on plays that were noticeably pass interf. and call penalties on good defensive plays by the DB's.  The worst call of the night was when Diboll attempted an onside kick and the refs claimed it was touched before it went ten yards.  The ball clearly wasn't touched by any Diboll player until the kicker touched it after going 10 yards.  Both teams had opportunities to put the game away.  I don't see how you think Newton would win all ten games with good officials.  Diboll ran and passed the ball with efficiency, had more total yards than the eagles.  Newton had 2-3 big plays they scored on, but couldn't consistently run the ball, especially in the 2nd half.  They were able to convert on many 3rd downs, and a few 4th downs.  Either way, Diboll downed Father & Son back to back weeks. 

And it was the officials giving Diboll the TD when the Diboll QB was able to escape from two Newton defenders and throw the 49 yard TD pass to gain the lead?  That was just great elusiveness by the Diboll QB.

Not trying to make this about kirbyville but there sure was alot of ppl saying that kirbyville always came up with excuses and i do believ that the refs are one of those excuses that was named glad to see that kirbyville wasn't the first to use the excuse.  the way i see it is newton lost, regardless of the situation, it is a loss.  No one should ever use an excuse, honestly, if your team is suppose to win then they wouldn't have been in the situation that gave you the opportunity to use the excuse.  Accept defeat and move on to the following week and prepare, practice on what caused the loss (from the excuses it sounds like it was penalties) and fix it.  

OK so for every1 i was on the field and it was horrible.. and for the onside kick i was right up front.. he touch the ball b4 it crossed the 10 yrd mark..it was a slow roller n it never crossed until he touched it.... all diboll could do to our D is try and cut them and hold their feet.. our ends couldnt move cuz of all the holdin.. its sad 2 have more yard in penalties then diboll had in total yards.. now i give it to the Qb he is all they really have.. we couldnt keep him from the sidelines... but cum on down to newton n we get officals tht are good at wat they do and not sum retards tht need to be turned into the uil and well beat them 35-10 easily..

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder