*Newton vs. Diboll/39-35 Diboll Wins/Comments*

KFDM COOP

Guest RatedRSuperstar

The mere fact that Newton lost to Diboll speaks volumes. Really not sure if they have ever lost to them, or at least since WWII.  They should be able to slide into the playoffs behind Kirbville though.

OK so for every1 i was on the field and it was horrible.. and for the onside kick i was right up front.. he touch the ball b4 it crossed the 10 yrd mark..it was a slow roller n it never crossed until he touched it.... all diboll could do to our D is try and cut them and hold their feet.. our ends couldnt move cuz of all the holdin.. its sad 2 have more yard in penalties then diboll had in total yards.. now i give it to the Qb he is all they really have.. we couldnt keep him from the sidelines... but cum on down to newton n we get officals tht are good at wat they do and not sum retards tht need to be turned into the uil and well beat them 35-10 easily..

You've got to be kidding, Newton had around 100 yards in penalties, while Diboll had around 300+ yards in total offense.  I don't know what stats you're looking at.  It's not like Newton had 30 penalties.  Diboll went to kville and lost to a good team, and had about 20 penalties, and lost by 8.  No excuses from Diboll either, they accepted the loss and moved on. 

I don't know if anyone remembers, but there was this one play where Diboll's running back broke away from everyone for a pretty good run and Newton's #8 Mattox hawked him down. I haven't saw the roster but Mattox is pretty big boy, i'm guessing at least 230. Not taking anything away from Diboll's run cause it was good, but it stood out in my mind for a good sized D lineman out ran the running back.

For what it is worth.....

I saw a Newton team play terrible and a Diboll team that was undersized and slow. I cant recall seeing such indecisiveness and confusion on the refs part.

Both Diboll and Newton will have to play much better than what I observed to compete in the playoffs. Ironically the ref staff will have to improve a great deal before being allowed to ref a playoff game.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn