**Hurricane Ike Pictures**

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just put up 18 photos of Orange area on www.orangeleader.com of photos from both Saturday and Sunday. Its not much but its hard to get photos from that area up to me in Arlington.

Will try for more at some other point.

Click on photo on front slugged "Photos of Ike II" for 11 photots then the second group is under "Photos of Ike"

GUYS!! I said earlier that there were over 100 photos on Kogt.com of bridge city and orange areas.  

I made it to my house, on Granger drive, across from BC highschool today, by boat via the bayou.  Even though kfdm shows texas avenue as dry, they weren't letting anyone in, so we took the boat.  Most bayou homes could probably be considered total losses....very upsetting scene.  Mine is on piers, about 50 yards from the bayou, and we got about a foot of water in our house, so honestly, was a relief to some extent...there was still water covering the street down the other end of granger, towards pizza hut.  So those homes are still under water, as are plenty around town, i'd imagine. 

This sucks guys, but we will all make it. 

Is this Heather and Mans???  This is Lisa (emma's grand-daughter). The neighborhood I hear was totally submerged with water  (about 9 feet). 

Hey Lisa - This is Amy (Huel and Mary's daughter)...our house was completely destroyed...I'm pretty sure they all were...Did Jim and Nanny get out?? I've been worried about them!

I saw the Flagship on the Houston News - it's still there but part of the front facade had fallen off and the whole thing just looked pretty beat up...the reporter even made the comment that she wouldn't even think about venturing out to it because it didn't look very stable. I didn't see any of the surrounding buildings that used to be out over the water - I think they said Murdoch's was completely gone and I can't remember the name of the other one they mentioned.

This is the hidden content, please

This is the hidden content, please

We made our way back to BC today and went to the house in the second photo above. We took a photo and will upload it ASAP. It will make you sick. It is completely destroyed and I'm not talking about it just being wet. TOTAL destruction.

The pictures of Crystal Beach are devastating. My family has vacationed there every summer since the summer before I was born in 76. I'm at my brother's in Lake Charles right now because he has power and we don't. He and I are just heart broken by what we have seen. Don't think the family will be vacationing this summer at Crystal Beach.  :'(

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder