Roll Call Who's Staying?

Guest JoesBros

Family went to our farm house in Cushing, I am staying here in Silsbee.

Anybody up for some Texas Hold'em?

i'm already evacuated, but in normal situations i'd be up for a game.  do you play often?

I have a regular game every week, rotates around three places, have a monthly game in Buna, and I play at the boats about 6 times a month.

Man, I'm liking you guys more everyday...We have a " once a weeker " here in Barbers Hill.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm staying unless it heads our way. We are safe from the storm surge where I'm at here in Orangefield.

You had mentioned the last storm that you were right across the interstate from us.  You must have meant from our new house!!!  I kept trying to figure which subdivision you would live in right across the interstate from us in Little Cypress!!!!  lol

For anyone that is staying, they upped the forecast for the storm surge to 20 feet in the Golden Triangle. Anyone in Sabine Pass, Port Arthur, Bridge City or other low lying areas that has not left, needs to do so..... and hope they are wrong. The seawall around Port Arthur and Mid-County is 15 feet above sea level. Assuming that their forecast is correct, it could make New Orleans after Katrina look like a wading pool.

Of course, if you can swim in 100mph winds while on top of 30 foot waves......

If this stays on the current forecast, it could be catastrophic damage in some areas.

I'm staying unless it heads our way. We are safe from the storm surge where I'm at here in Orangefield.

You had mentioned the last storm that you were right across the interstate from us.  You must have meant from our new house!!!  I kept trying to figure which subdivision you would live in right across the interstate from us in Little Cypress!!!!  lol

Yeah, T told me about your place across the Hwy a couple of years ago. I assumed you guys were in there by now. Are ya'll staying?

Yeah, T told me about your place across the Hwy a couple of years ago. I assumed you guys were in there by now. Are ya'll staying?

We are still debating.  Prepared to stay but my kids are wearing me out, so I don't know yet.  We boarded up the new house because sheetrock just got delivered and I have 9 french doors (I don't even LIKE the French, so why did I get that many french doors?  LOL)  Had to put boards in front of all of them because of all the glass.  We just replaced four windows after Rita on the back of the house we are in now and did NOT want to go through that again so we boarded them up!  We may go stay at my sister's on north 62 if we stay.  If not, we'll go to Marksville, LA.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder