Lumberton vs. Silsbee what do you think???

ATOZ55

who wins and who by how much?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. who wins and who by how much?

• Lumberton
    • Silsbee
    • Hurrican Ike

The kid may be the best player on Silsbee & the best player on the field at his position but it is definitely up for debate who is the best football player overall on the field out of both teams. BTW, Lumberton has heard the "speed kills" phrase numerous times before...Central, Dayton, & LaMarque to name a few, and it didn't matter. Lumberton has some speed on defense to stop Silsbee's QB...trust me! He may make some big plays, not saying he won't, but in the end Lumberton can handle that speed and should prevail in this one. Oh..., & one more thing Diboll and Lumberton are not the same team.

X 2.

I wish everyday was a friday!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Silsbee wins by 2 TDs

Ok look guy Silsbee hasn't won a game yet this year so why would you think they would beat Lumberton by 14 points... have you seen Lumberton play

Just because they haven't won a game this year doesn't mean they can't beat Lumberton. Silsbee played close in all their games but unfortunately came out on the short end. Silsbee gets their act together and wins in a close one.

Silsbee - 38

Lumberton - 35

Guest BIG HOUSE

I didn't mean to bring up IKE,but.........I do hope it moves farther and farther west into an unpopulated area......If the game gets underway it will be all Lumberton.....

L-TRAIN-30

Silsbee-14

Lumberton - 30

Silsbee - 24

You think?

Goodsport,  do you not agree?  Maybe you think Silsbee by 6.

I would love to see Silsbee win this game.  When I was in school Lumberton was our Homecoming game every year.  Things change I guess.  Anyways good luck to both teams and I hope Ike doesn't keep it from happening though it does not look promising.

I have seen Lumberton first hand and I do not think Silsbee will match up with them. I think

Silsbee has very young O Line and if that is indeed the case, Lumberton's D-Line will eat them

up. I do not know If there is a team in this area that is capable of shutting down Lumberton's

rushing attack. Lumberton takes this one:  :)

Raiders 42

Silsbee 21

Guest band of brothers

I have seen Lumberton first hand and I do not think Silsbee will match up with them. I think

Silsbee has very young O Line and if that is indeed the case, Lumberton's D-Line will eat them

up. I do not know If there is a team in this area that is capable of shutting down Lumberton's

rushing attack. Lumberton takes this one:  :)

Raiders 42

Silsbee 21

not everyone shares your opinion and that is fine! yes, everyone in setex, go ahead and believe the raiders are weak! we'll take the low road...again

Silsbee wins by 2 TDs

Proof that they let everyone get on  here even those that know very little about sports.

Now I was asked to explain something and everyone that was at the game Friday in Lumberton will understand.

I said going into last week that sometimes it looks like Coach C is as much or more concerned about teaching things in the preseason than winning. I was told I was crazy. Ok here it is Folks. Lumberton  was running the ball at will against BH. after getting the lead The Raiders had several series where you could tell that Coach C was tring to get the young QB Ryan some confidence they went out and started throwing the Ball. At least once maybe more they went out and went 3 and out and threw all 3 times. You could hear the fans groan, but I thought it was a good idea to get Ryan some passes. In our District people will stack the line if they think we cant throw at all. Great Job Coaches, Players and Fans. See yall in Silsbee where we win I wont say Big because Coach C is not that kind of Coach that runs up the score.

Mav, you and I are on the same wave length, I walk the L-Town fence line with some of my friends and one of them started complaining about the coach going to a passing game there for awhile. I told him that I figured the coach was trying to get the QB some work on his accuracy. You can see when the boy throws that he has an arm, once he gets more accurate he will get to be a serious theat in the air.

Guest band of brothers

Silsbee wins by 2 TDs

Proof that they let everyone get on  here even those that know very little about sports.

Now I was asked to explain something and everyone that was at the game Friday in Lumberton will understand.

I said going into last week that sometimes it looks like Coach C is as much or more concerned about teaching things in the preseason than winning. I was told I was crazy. Ok here it is Folks. Lumberton  was running the ball at will against BH. after getting the lead The Raiders had several series where you could tell that Coach C was tring to get the young QB Ryan some confidence they went out and started throwing the Ball. At least once maybe more they went out and went 3 and out and threw all 3 times. You could hear the fans groan, but I thought it was a good idea to get Ryan some passes. In our District people will stack the line if they think we cant throw at all. Great Job Coaches, Players and Fans. See yall in Silsbee where we win I wont say Big because Coach C is not that kind of Coach that runs up the score.

Mav, you and I are on the same wave length, I walk the L-Town fence line with some of my friends and one of them started complaining about the coach going to a passing game there for awhile. I told him that I figured the coach was trying to get the QB some work on his accuracy. You can see when the boy throws that he has an arm, once he gets more accurate he will get to be a serious theat in the air.

I know that same fence and I know exactly what you guys are talking about and I totally agree. people want tradition, they want to have a winning team, they speak their mind, because they know their team. some say it is over the top and maybe there are a few over zealous fans, but truth be known raider fans want the same for their team as any other fan would want for their team in this  district. things are changing and it makes some people uneasy that lumberton is winning! GO RAIDERS!

In Raider's quarterback Hughes first game he looked rough....his passes looked like kicks going end over end. In the second game I was thrilled to see him executing that late 1st half drive that lead to a score, he looked more calm in the pocket and took his time to find the open man and the passes throughout the game couldn't have been better.

Bottom line is and I don't give a crap what others think....Coach Creduer knows what the heck he is doing and he is bringing out the pride in our players (something lumberton never had in the past), and along with that he let's these kids know what they are capable of doing. He doesn't doubt what they can do one bit. We are getting better and it's about to get ugly!

And at these games our Fans need to get into the game and cheer every once in a while, sometimes when I cheered I got looked at funny....There is that pride thing I was talking about only now our fans need to absorb some of this.

In Raider's quarterback Hughes first game he looked rough....his passes looked like kicks going end over end. In the second game I was thrilled to see him executing that late 1st half drive that lead to a score, he looked more calm in the pocket and took his time to find the open man and the passes throughout the game couldn't have been better.

Bottom line is and I don't give a crap what others think....Coach Creduer knows what the heck he is doing and he is bringing out the pride in our players (something lumberton never had in the past), and along with that he let's these kids know what they are capable of doing. He doesn't doubt what they can do one bit. We are getting better and it's about to get ugly!

And at these games our Fans need to get into the game and cheer every once in a while, sometimes when I cheered I got looked at funny....There is that pride thing I was talking about only now our fans need to absorb some of this.

I know there was talk before the season started about rather it would be Hughes or Duvall (sp?). I think the coaches made a smart decision for lumberton's football future by going with Hughes. He is just a soph. right?

I know there was talk before the season started about rather it would be Hughes or Duvall (sp?). I think the coaches made a smart decision for lumberton's football future by going with Hughes. He is just a soph. right?

Yes, I think they made the right choice. Duvall is a senior and I believe we need him more on defense anyway. We have a good running game which will help until Hughes is more confident. I think he will be fine.

Lumberton BIG!!

28-7 L-town and the only reason the score is not higher is because Coach Credeur has class and I do not think he would run the score up.

This is true about Coach Credeur, he will not run it up. But that will not be the reason why this game won't be a blow out in Lumberton's favor. ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder