Vidor at Hardin-Jefferson....Predictions??

Lazeek

WO GRAD 2000

And the excuses continue, only now you are in denial. I can recognize an excuse when I read one. West Orange gave more than their fair share. I will add yours to my list even though your people already brought it up. Do you really think that West Orange is the only team with an injured player (players)?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A question for Mr. Lazeek. Is HJ a good football team or a not so good football team? I would like to know before the game is actually played. If you tell me they are a good team and Vidor wins I will not pay much attention to the experts that will say Vidor won because they played another weak team. When Vidor scrimmaged West Orange and from what I read (I did not see the game)

Vidor held there own against a tough West Orange team. West Orange fans had more excuses why they did not play better than Al Gore did when he lost Florida. When Vidor played Kelly Vidor only won because (I did not see this game either) they were not a very good team, and the same goes for St. Thomas. I am not a real big football fan, I mainly come over here to pick up new excuses for our basketball team if they do not play well. Thank you West Orange fans I now have plenty. So tell me up front, is Hardin-Jefferson a good team or not? As far as a prediction, I will go with Vidor on this one.

good points. Actually I was trashed for pointing out that Vidor did well against WOS. The Nederland group actually acted like the WOS coach did not want to win! I was there and heard him all the way across the field. He and the fans were very serious about this game. Some people will never give vidor any respect. That is just the way it is. >:(

that is the smartest thing yall have said the entire time...

Well I do believe respect has to be earned and not just given away.

hj would be a hell of a team with a coaching change!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but they still will surprise a few people

Guest beat-em_deep

hj would be a heck of a team with a coaching change!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but they still will surprise a few people

You are very right Dr.J!!

But im going with Vidor in this one

Vidor 28 hj 21

This is the way it has always been, Because Nederland may be having an off year the district is weak, bad play calling etc., etc.  Heck after Dayton walk through WOS and then tied Vidor, You thought it was the end of the ERA at WOS.  Then all of sudden they whip Nederland and they are back on top of the world.  I am anxious to see what the outcome will be between Nederland and Kelly, heck Nederland has already won the game over on the Nederland vs Kelly thread.  Will be more anxious to see the excuses pile in, after Kelly beats them are plays a good game. Of course this is my opinion, I expect to be trashed for it. Any way GOOD LUCK to all area teams. ;D ;D ;D

This is the way it has always been, Because Nederland may be having an off year the district is weak, bad play calling etc., etc.  Heck after Dayton walk through WOS and then tied Vidor, You thought it was the end of the ERA at WOS.  Then all of sudden they whip Nederland and they are back on top of the world.  I am anxious to see what the outcome will be between Nederland and Kelly, heck Nederland has already won the game over on the Nederland vs Kelly thread.  Will be more anxious to see the excuses pile in, after Kelly beats them are plays a good game. Of course this is my opinion, I expect to be trashed for it. Any way GOOD LUCK to all area teams. ;D ;D ;D

8)

It is an uphill battle for any coach or school to win in football when the basketball program is so strong. I would not care who coaches the football team, nothing will ever be allowed to interfere with the success of the basketball program at HJ. So dont bash the attempts of good coaches and good intentions of players and coaches. The fault lies in all the forces withing the district and the community that care only about the program winning. HJ will well overmatched in this game if played 35-0 vidor is my prediction.

martel has not had a winning record since he has been at hj and he is not a good coach he changes the offense every week and if he cared he would leave the weight room open more than 3 hours a week during the summer he is more worried about if the hawk is walking from tree to tree or flying...

i predict that by noon tomorrow somebody will have enough sense to call for a mandatory evacuation.  of course, if they want, we can still host the game on 105 or 90, where we will all be moving approximately 2 mph.

Yes indeed!!!!!! A cancellation is a win for HJ!!!!!! ;D

and if he cared he would leave the weight room open more than 3 hours a week during the summer

Not sure what you mean. They run a camp most mornings. And the weight room is open most days. it is also open 2-3 hours a nite mon. thru thur. every week. Unfortunately, the few times I was there  and from talking to the coaches there were more days when no one showed up, than days when kids did show up. Also the 3 times I showed up for 7 on 7 there weren't even enough kids to play. One week they had no team and the others they had to borrow players. Doesn't seem to me that it is Coach Martel with a commitment problem. Oh and for record HJ did make the playoffs his first year going 4-4 in the regular season.

martel has not had a winning record since he has been at hj and he is not a good coach he changes the offense every week and if he cared he would leave the weight room open more than 3 hours a week during the summer he is more worried about if the hawk is walking from tree to tree or flying...

be careful...

hj would be a heck of a team with a coaching change!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but they still will surprise a few people

again... watch what you say......

The lack of commitment in football shows in the lack of attendance in weightroom and 7 on 7, I bet they werent absent from the gym during the summer months. Besides can you please address my thoughts to why the football program isnt as successful as you think? Do you not feel there are forces aournd the coach and the football program far stronger than an AD title? There are many good coaches that are simply in no win situations!

watch it buddy...

HJ has done well in the past with the talent that they have.  Coming from a district that has WOS, Silsbee, Kirbyville and Jasper how would you expect to have a winning season?  Schedule a bunch of cupcakes and get your kids hopes high only to be pounded in almost every game in district?  As most small schools go you play your kids on both sides of the ball and if someone gets injured it affects you on offense and defense!!!!  IMO they have won the games over the last couple of years that they were expected to win and have lost the ones that they are suppose to lose.

Anymore coach bashing or any player bashing will result in the post being deleted and "you" being removed from this forum!!!!!

Like I said before the only way to be successful on a consistent basis in football is to build a program from the ground up. You cant come into a situation with the longterm success of a basketball program like HJ has had and expect them to win in football. The commitment takes time, time that usually is not given to the coach by unrealistic individuals in the community that think they have then answers to all. Support the coach, and level the playing field with the other sports and maybe success can be obtained.

Like I said before the only way to be successful on a consistent basis in football is to build a program from the ground up. You cant come into a situation with the longterm success of a basketball program like HJ has had and expect them to win in football. The commitment takes time, time that usually is not given to the coach by unrealistic individuals in the community that think they have then answers to all. Support the coach, and level the playing field with the other sports and maybe success can be obtained.

Silsbee is good in football and basketball!!!!!

Ozen is good in football and basketball!!!!!

WOS is good in football and basketball!!!!!

EC is good in football and basketball!!!!

Oh really??? Year in and year out?? I don't think so!!!!! Go back and check your past season records on each!! I think your reaching there!! But I am not saying it cant be done I am saying it is rare and usually requires an exceptional number of skilled athletes.

Oh really??? Year in and year out?? I don't think so!!!!! Go back and check your past season records on each!! I think your reaching there!! But I am not saying it cant be done I am saying it is rare and usually requires an exceptional number of skilled athletes.

As I said earlier........HJ does not have the athletes that these other schools have in our district.  Coach Martel has proven that he is a winner.  If he had the athletes that other schools in the district (WOS, Silsbee) have then HJ would be a playoff team guaranteed!!!!!

As I said earlier........HJ does not have the athletes that these other schools have in our district.  Coach Martel has proven that he is a winner.  If he had the athletes that other schools in the district (WOS, Silsbee) have then HJ would be a playoff team guaranteed!!!!!

Well this is easy to agree with BUT arent these same athletes at HJ winning and beating WOS, and SILSBEE athletes on the basketball courts? So what is the difference? Does it take types of athletes to win in basketball then football? I again do not hink so, IT IS CALLED COMMITMENT TO THE PROGRAM both internally and from the outside looking in. The powers to be do not want to see the football prgram too successful. By the way does OF and HF have better athletes than HJ?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin