Vidor at Hardin-Jefferson....Predictions??

Lazeek

There is a difference between athletes and basketball players!!!!!!  I would take 10 basketball players over 10 athletes on the hardwood any day!!!!!!

HJ has basketball players or basketball minds, not athletes!!!!!  Burrell and Turner are the exception....they are athletic and have a basketball mind!!!!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a difference between athletes and basketball players!!!!!!  I would take 10 basketball players over 10 athletes on the hardwood any day!!!!!!

HJ has basketball players or basketball minds, not athletes!!!!!  Burrell and Turner are the exception....they are athletic and have a basketball mind!!!!

You sure are helping my argument. Where do they get that "basketball mind?" From playing many many hours of basketball. Not just 3 months out of the year, it has taken many many years of playing year round, and good coaching. You are also wrong on Burrell he is an outstanding athlete and could be a really good football player if he puts in the time. I would bet every school in the district would trade one for one right now. Athletes are athletes, heck Antonio Gates never played football in college only basketball and now he is in the NFL. Football is a team sport requiring many players working together basketball can be dominated by one or a few. Again, i would say HJ has more athletes and better athletes than HF and OF, but have lost in FB. And Silsbee has better than each but HF beat them as well? It is about commitment to the sport and winning.

You sure are helping my argument. Where do they get that "basketball mind?" From playing many many hours of basketball. Not just 3 months out of the year, it has taken many many years of playing year round, and good coaching. You are also wrong on Burrell he is an outstanding athlete and could be a really good football player if he puts in the time. I would bet every school in the district would trade one for one right now. Athletes are athletes, heck Antonio Gates never played football in college only basketball and now he is in the NFL. Football is a team sport requiring many players working together basketball can be dominated by one or a few. Again, i would say HJ has more athletes and better athletes than HF and OF, but have lost in FB. And Silsbee has better than each but HF beat them as well? It is about commitment to the sport and winning.

OF and HF commitment is Football.......not basketball!!!!

[/quot

And? And? come on?? what is HJ's Commitment in??? The answer to the million dollar question for the original coach basher on here was......?

[/quot

And? And? come on?? what is HJ's Commitment in??? The answer to the million dollar question for the original coach basher on here was......?

HJ has a commitment in both sports.  That is why HJ athletic director is Martel.  If it was solely basketball then they would have hired Sutherland as the AD when they hired Martel.  They wanted to improve the football program!!!!  It is just very hard with the talent pool and the district that they are in!!!

[/quot

HJ has a commitment in both sports.  That is why HJ athletic director is Martel.  If it was solely basketball then they would have hired Sutherland as the AD when they hired Martel.  They wanted to improve the football program!!!!  It is just very hard with the talent pool and the district that they are in!!!

Again, we agree but they Martel becaise he was a local boy they thought could revive the program without rocking the boat for basketball. Martel has still been given only limited support by the powers to be and will never have the power he will need to build the program where iy could be because it would mean stepping on the toes of the basketball program. HJ knew they could give the AD spot to Sutherland because they would have never been able to hire a decent football coach in Texas, but it is only a title, it must have total backing to go with. Your football program is as good as it is going to get with the situation as it is. Only unrealistic expectations and unrecognizeable problems would feel otherwise. It certainly is not the coach.

Like I said before the only way to be successful on a consistent basis in football is to build a program from the ground up. You cant come into a situation with the longterm success of a basketball program like HJ has had and expect them to win in football. The commitment takes time, time that usually is not given to the coach by unrealistic individuals in the community that think they have then answers to all. Support the coach, and level the playing field with the other sports and maybe success can be obtained.

Silsbee is good in football and basketball!!!!!

Ozen is good in football and basketball!!!!!

WOS is good in football and basketball!!!!!

EC is good in football and basketball!!!!

HJ has two sports that they are great at as well. It's just a difference of schools of how much effort they put into their sports. HJ is fantastic at basketball and baseball. Dominate the court and wreck on the baseball field. The football field is a different story however. Football isn't all about winning. Its about character and determination. Even if they do lose, 8 straight now coming from last season, atleast HJ has the heart to have three levels of football (freshmen, JV, and Varsity) and come week in and week out playing. Just gotta get that offense rolling some, and with the strong defense they have, I think they could be a change. They started showing it in the second half of Woodville.

Like I said before the only way to be successful on a consistent basis in football is to build a program from the ground up. You cant come into a situation with the longterm success of a basketball program like HJ has had and expect them to win in football. The commitment takes time, time that usually is not given to the coach by unrealistic individuals in the community that think they have then answers to all. Support the coach, and level the playing field with the other sports and maybe success can be obtained.

Silsbee is good in football and basketball!!!!!

Ozen is good in football and basketball!!!!!

WOS is good in football and basketball!!!!!

EC is good in football and basketball!!!!

HJ has two sports that they are great at as well. It's just a difference of schools of how much effort they put into their sports. HJ is fantastic at basketball and baseball. Dominate the court and wreck on the baseball field. The football field is a different story however. Football isn't all about winning. Its about character and determination. Even if they do lose, 8 straight now coming from last season, atleast HJ has the heart to have three levels of football (freshmen, JV, and Varsity) and come week in and week out playing. Just gotta get that offense rolling some, and with the strong defense they have, I think they could be a change. They started showing it in the second half of Woodville.

Maybe I missed something is no one supporting the football program.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder