* Lumberton vs. BH Updates/24-7 Lumberton Wins/Comments*

KFDM COOP

I was proud of the way Lumberton played tonight, but was disappointed in the lack of support from our fans.  We owe it to the boys to pay attention to the game. The Raiders had two perfect interceptions and the Lumberton crowed did not even acknowledge that we took control of the ball.  The only reaction heard from the stands was that of the Barbers Hill fans booing.  We can not expect these boys to go out there week after week and win for us if no one even cares. Please at the next game, bring back the Raider pride that we all had last year and give our boys a chance to show us what they’re made of.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see that more andmorwe at football games,the crowds are more into gossiping with old so and so than they care about the game or the plays that happen on the field.There was a time when the band would play according to the events on the field and cheerleaders also cheer when there was a reason to. Now it seem the game is just there to amuse some while others just parade around.

:(

Guest maverick24

Wow where are all the Haters that had Raidernation loosing this game by as much  as 3 td's????? I read how close they played PNG so that meant they would roll over the Raiders well BH is a very good team, I didnt see anything wrong with the coaches. All I saw was a Raider team  that had more depth and more athletes. I  know it is still hard to believe the Raiders are a good team but get used to it they are and have some great young talent. It  seems like every time the Raiders beat a team the fans from that team stary crying that their coaches are bad or something. Yall will be fine just accept that the Raiders are a better team. Now as for cheering, the section my wife and I sat in were yelling and I saw  guys high fiveing and stuff. But I will back you up that we can be better. Now where are all my DAYTON ( Lumberton haters)?? Still trying to figure out what happend Friday night huh. Well yall are perfect in picking Lumberton games, first HF was going to beat us then BH was going to kill us by 3 td's So let me know How bad Silsbee is going to beat  us? All I know is L-Train 2 wins 0 losses ------ Dayton 1-1 lol Oh thats right yall get a half win for the scrimmage lol!!!!!

Congrats to Lumberton ya'll played a good game.  Good luck with your season.

I thought our defense made improvements this week.  I know the score didn't indicate that, but when you give the ball away near your own en zone two or three times, you can't expect the defense to hold.  They had some not so bright moments, but I think they improved over last week, they just can't stay on the field the whole game.  Our offense is another story, no blocking, no running and no passing.  The reason Tony has to run so much is, who else is going to do it, come on, we have no running back!  We also can't have 6 or 7 turnovers, Tony threw at least 4 or 5 interceptions, and we had at least two fumbles...and a bad call on a laterial.  Of course it's hard to throw a pass with 5 defenders in your face, but a couple of interceptions, he threw right to the defender.  Our offense has a long way to go!  The play calling wasn't the problem, it was the turnovers...everytime we start moving the ball, a penalty, fumble or an interception.  The only problem that I have with our coaches is, when these guy's fumble, throw interceptions and jump off sides, they need to pay a high price for that mistake.  The way you cure mistakes is, make it not worth it to committ them.  I think when you don't have a lot of talent(and we don't) you have to be even more disciplined than normal...you can't afford any mistakes.  Look, we are still in preseason, and playing a tougher preseason than we've ever played, we are young and we have changed up the defense, and still have played two good teams pretty well.  If you take away all of the turnovers from both games, things may look a lot different.

Don't get down Eagles, keep fighting!

4thand1,can always have more fan reaction & support,but saying there was no reaction at all is ,well

not the truth. watch tv & daytime shows if you want some entertaiment. i seen several fans out of the

3000 to 4000 fans that was there. stand up and high five & call the young mans name,kyler k. he

deserved this & i personally went to the field along with about 200 + other fans after the game

& shook his hand along with all the coaches & other players. dont start a rip thred on here. i see

that the fans showed up tonight,and there was 3000+ strong(more than 3000) and hung aroung hugging

players after game. during the game u can always have more fan noise,& what i see is not a fan proplem,

maybe u r just looking to hard for a problem instead of looking at the huge fan base that was there. i

do agree u can always step up your participation in a game ,but im not looking to hard at this issue.

by the way, several players said the fans where awesome,friday(sat.) night lights baby. by the way

raiders players & coaches,thanks for another fine football game ;D ;D

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

I know it's still very early but after 2 weeks this district title is looking more & more attainable by the week. If the Raiders keep improving and playing D we could have a shot. I do think we will definitely make the playoffs at least. I just haven't seen any other teams in this district that have really stood out to this point.

I know it's still very early but after 2 weeks this district title is looking more & more attainable by the week. If the Raiders keep improving and playing D we could have a shot. I do think we will definitely make the playoffs at least. I just haven't seen any other teams in this district that have really stood out to this point.

Is beating two WEAK teams considered standing out?

Hey 4thand1, seems our fans aren't the only ones that don't stand up and cheer for the boys unless prompted!  Our side seems to stand up and "cheer" (actually try to get the cheerleaders attention) when the cheerleaders throw mini-footballs and t-shirts into the crowd.  Oh, there's some that do cheer, along with the 'crazy momma' cheer section. 

Your side was kind of quiet until the announcer got the crowd involved, which I have to say was irritatingly rude (IMO).  I know we were in your house, but I have never heard an announcer at BH ever prompt the crowd "let's hear it for those Eagles", "that's another Eagle 1st down" etc. 

No I'm not saying anything about it because we lost.  We lost because we were out played and made way too many mistakes.  It was a win for the L-train and I'll give you that.  I'm just saying that I think it's disrepectful, regardless of who you're playing or what the score it.  If your the announcer, just announce the dang game and leave the cheering for the cheerleaders and crowd, regardless of how much cheering they're doing or not doing!

That being said.......... Eagles, shake it off, figure out what you need to do, make the necessary adjustments and let's get back on track!!!  The season is still early and I know you can turn things around!!!  Let's go Eagles!!!

Hey 4thand1, seems our fans aren't the only ones that don't stand up and cheer for the boys unless prompted!  Our side seems to stand up and "cheer" (actually try to get the cheerleaders attention) when the cheerleaders throw mini-footballs and t-shirts into the crowd.  Oh, there's some that do cheer, along with the 'crazy momma' cheer section. 

Your side was kind of quiet until the announcer got the crowd involved, which I have to say was irritatingly rude (IMO).  I know we were in your house, but I have never heard an announcer at BH ever prompt the crowd "let's hear it for those Eagles", "that's another Eagle 1st down" etc. 

No I'm not saying anything about it because we lost.  We lost because we were out played and made way too many mistakes.  It was a win for the L-train and I'll give you that.  I'm just saying that I think it's disrepectful, regardless of who you're playing or what the score it.  If your the announcer, just announce the dang game and leave the cheering for the cheerleaders and crowd, regardless of how much cheering they're doing or not doing!

That being said.......... Eagles, shake it off, figure out what you need to do, make the necessary adjustments and let's get back on track!!!  The season is still early and I know you can turn things around!!!  Let's go Eagles!!!

We love our announcer. He isn't impartial. So, why try and act like you are. That's what makes Lumberton home games unique. That's the way it is in Lumberton. It wont change for your or anyone else who thinks that its rude. We expect the same treatment when we play at other teams stadiums. He does give the details and results of each play and recognizes the players from both sides involved. Outside of that, whatever else he says and does is what makes him a great announcer.

We love our announcer. He isn't impartial. So, why try and act like you are. That's what makes Lumberton home games unique. That's the way it is in Lumberton. It wont change for your or anyone else who thinks that its rude. We expect the same treatment when we play at other teams stadiums. He does give the details and results of each play and recognizes the players from both sides involved. Outside of that, whatever else he says and does is what makes him a great announcer.

Sounds good to me ;D Our announcer at BH acts like he's visiting half the game! it could be 1st and 10 and you will hear it is 4th and 1 from the booth ;D I'm waiting for him to yell HOMERUN righ after a TD ;D

4thand1,can always have more fan reaction & support,but saying there was no reaction at all is ,well

not the truth. watch tv & daytime shows if you want some entertaiment. i seen several fans out of the

3000 to 4000 fans that was there. stand up and high five & call the young mans name,kyler k. he

deserved this & i personally went to the field along with about 200 + other fans after the game

& shook his hand along with all the coaches & other players. dont start a rip thred on here. i see

that the fans showed up tonight,and there was 3000+ strong(more than 3000) and hung aroung hugging

players after game. during the game u can always have more fan noise,& what i see is not a fan proplem,

maybe u r just looking to hard for a problem instead of looking at the huge fan base that was there. i

do agree u can always step up your participation in a game ,but im not looking to hard at this issue.

by the way, several players said the fans where awesome,friday(sat.) night lights baby. by the way

raiders players & coaches,thanks for another fine football game ;D ;D

My blog was not intended to offend the fans that were there to support our boys. It was posted to bring awareness to the others that were only there for social purposes. You should know if you were there to show your support or there to fill a seat. Lumberton fans should be there to support our team whether we win or lose. By the way I was one of the 200 people on that field congratulating the boys for a job well done. Keep up the good work Raiders!!! Beat those Tigers!

Hey 4th & 1.....you must have been sitting to close to that train horn and damaged your hearing.....ha ha...just kidding!  But that horn was tooting alot last night for sure. This Raider team looked totally different than what I seen the previous week against HF. ALOT better! I like what I saw and want to see more of it! Good Luck to the BH team and fans as well!

Actually, I don't like our announcer doing that. And I have talked to others who don't either. To me, it's embarassing to be 'told' to cheer.

The same thing happened last year. Seems like every time we are 'told' to cheer, the other team ends up making  good play. Go figure.

But anyway...good game for our guys. And good luck to BH this year!!

Actually, I don't like our announcer doing that. And I have talked to others who don't either. To me, it's embarassing to be 'told' to cheer.

The same thing happened last year. Seems like every time we are 'told' to cheer, the other team ends up making  good play. Go figure.

But anyway...good game for our guys. And good luck to BH this year!!

its cause lumberton fans dont have a clue when to cheer.

our defense is on the field, and its 4th a 1.. and our crowd will be sitting on there butts.

the fans need to look over at the student section and take notes.

he says that because he knows the fans arent doing too good a job.

fans need to make noise, it helps the players.. trust me

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

If it isn't lil ol buc...Look bucky, just because East Chambers got rolled on doesn't mean U have to come on hear & prove that U are the #1 jealous Lumberton Hater on this site. I know U take a shot at Lumberton every little chance U get because it makes U fell better inside but the Raiders will make the playoffs this year and there is nothing U can do about it, capic'e? That is what everyone said last year when we beat the first three teams...that they were all weak and we would lose come time for district. I hope all of U HATERS out there underestimate this team like U did last year. If them boys fly under the radar it is even better. You will see! You're making a case for being the #1 Raider Hater along with 7mary3 & Diamond-J from Dayton...keep up the good work.  BTW, how do U know that those 2 teams are weak whenever the season has just started?

Hey 4th & 1.....you must have been sitting to close to that train horn and damaged your hearing.....ha ha...just kidding!  But that horn was tooting alot last night for sure. This Raider team looked totally different than what I seen the previous week against HF. ALOT better! I like what I saw and want to see more of it! Good Luck to the BH team and fans as well!

We have a school spirit problem in Lumberton.  The fans don't cheer, the cheerleaders don't cheer, the band doesn't play.  Where is the support from local businesses around town?  Where are our colors flying, showing folks they've arrived in Raider Nation?  Do we have to wait till the end of the season when we've won most of our games to show we love and support our kids?  C'mon people, get with it and show our boys we're behind them, no matter what.

Speaking of the horn, my neighbor's daughter is dating one of the boys working the train horn.  We were told one of the BH fans came up to those young men, kinked the air hose and told them they wouldn't be blowing that horn anymore that night and that it was against the rules anyway.  I checked the rules ... and unless it's interfering with the teams hearing signals, they can blow that horn all they want.  I didn't get to go to the game this week for family reasons, but last season, the horn didn't blow except after touchdowns.  Even if it was blown at inappropriate times, it's not up to the fan base to correct.  It's for the AD and believe me, he would take care of it.

Regardless, you don't enter someone's house and put your hands on anything.  Ever.  I always thought BH was a class act, and I think the kids definitely are, but for an adult to do something like that is simply unthinkable.  Good thing for that guy it was a kid on the horn ... otherwise he'd be nursing several knots on his head about now.  Actually, knowing the kid in question and his size, it's lucky for the rude dude that the kid doesn't have a short temper.

:-\ It is kind of fun to see the Raiders talking about the same things we have been talking about on The Hill since 1999. I really liked the part at the begining of the game when the announcer told the fans to keep your children with you and that they were here to watch a football game. I hope we can get a copy of that for our home games. Keep cheering BH EAGLE MOM. The boys are going to need support this year even more so than in the past. :) I guess we have alot more in common with lumberton than we thought we did.

If it isn't lil ol buc...Look bucky, just because East Chambers got rolled on doesn't mean U have to come on hear & prove that U are the #1 jealous Lumberton Hater on this site. I know U take a shot at Lumberton every little chance U get because it makes U fell better inside but the Raiders will make the playoffs this year and there is nothing U can do about it, capic'e? That is what everyone said last year when we beat the first three teams...that they were all weak and we would lose come time for district. I hope all of U HATERS out there underestimate this team like U did last year. If them boys fly under the radar it is even better. You will see! You're making a case for being the #1 Raider Hater along with 7mary3 & Diamond-J from Dayton...keep up the good work.  BTW, how do U know that those 2 teams are weak whenever the season has just started?

OK--You got me--after studying these posts I realize that the Raiders are unbeatable. After all--your offense is better than Dayton your coaching staff is better than Barbers Hill and your defense is just out of this world never mind that your are beating up on weaker teams that doesn't matter---Heck yall walk on water--SO Lumberton wins district going undefeated and marches to the State Championship--on the way back they stop in and whip up on LSU and swing thru Dallas and slap around the Cowbays--See now I am a Lumberton fan almost as rabid as you!

OK--You got me--after studying these posts I realize that the Raiders are unbeatable. After all--your offense is better than Dayton your coaching staff is better than Barbers Hill and your defense is just out of this world never mind that your are beating up on weaker teams that doesn't matter---Heck yall walk on water--SO Lumberton wins district going undefeated and marches to the State Championship--on the way back they stop in and whip up on LSU and swing thru Dallas and slap around the Cowbays--See now I am a Lumberton fan almost as rabid as you!

LET IT GO DIAMOND J. IT WAS ALMOST A YEAR AGO. ALL WOUNDS HEAL WITH TIME. I HAVE A LITTLE EXERCISE THAT MAY HELP YOU WHEN YOU THINK ABOUT THE RAIDERS THUMPING DAYTON LAST YEAR, JUST SAY TO YOUR SELF "SERENITY NOW", "SERENITY NOW".

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder