*HURRICANE IKE AFTERMATH AND COMMENTS*

KFDM COOP

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody have any idea what time we can expect the Storm Surge?

Let me go ask. Some of the predictions are between 14-17 foot storm surge. I like those better than 20+. Hopefully it will stay outside the seawall and all this will be an exercise in fear.

The surge will really start increasing Friday afternoon and is supposed to peak from 3:00AM to 6:00AM on Saturday morning. So it will start tomorrow afternoon or evening and some time after midnight but before daylight Saturday, it will top out.

First off, Im evacuating in the morning. My elevation is right below 17ft, and my location is right across 366 from sun oil in Midcounty. According to the flood zone map its one of the higher points south of I10. Im a stones throw from Smiths Bluff.With all this said, the storm surge is too big a risk factor for me to stay.Good luck to all.

Let me go ask. Some of the predictions are between 14-17 foot storm surge. I like those better than 20+. Hopefully it will stay outside the seawall and all this will be an exercise in fear.

wunderground.com is saying 21-23 ft Surge........Not Good

wunderground.com is saying 21-23 ft Surge........Not Good

wow

I'm in NE Texas in Carthage. If a 20 foot surge comes in,  Port Arthur goes under water, their sea wall is 15 feet. Not sure at this time on how much salt water Mid county would get! Hope everyone stays safe and i'll be on from time to time.

why do you leave when a storm threatens?  You leave Greg and James high and dry?  I would have thought that any meterologist would love to be in a storm?

Anyone have any idea how the Storm Surge affects Nederland and Port Neches?

I heard that anything south of I-10 has a chance of storm surge, the closer to the coast, the worse...

Actually, what Bostwick said was that anyone South of I-10 has a "chance" of getting water. It may be 5' or 5". He also said that worst case scenario is a 20' surge. If you are 23' above sea level then you are OK. You can check how far you are above sea level @ Google Earth. Bridge City is going to get some water. Groves and PN and Ned are probably OK, unless you are in a low part of that area.

anyone heard comments on cnbc or twc about "certain death" if you stay in some areas?  i haven't, but i've heard from two different people that they heard comments like that on those channels.

not cnbc

I heard it on a national weather brief on radio. It said somthin 2 the extent of if ur staying in a single family home that is 1 or two stories you face and I do quote "certain death."

I'm in Mississippi and wind is bad maybe 50+mph according to hotel people.

Can anyone tell me if Winnie will get any and how much surge?

is Liberty a good place to be?

mandatory evacuation...

probably can't even get a hotel room.

Liberty and Dayton will probably get pounded by 100 + winds.

I live in Dayton, was going to my mom's in Groves, now she is coming here and we are getting out towards Waco or Temple, maybe even Abilene.

For Christ's sake...

GET OUT!!!!

The water is ALREADY splashing over the seawall in Galveston and the strand is already getting water in it.

This could be a historic storm surge.

Everything from Galveston Bay to Sabine Pass below I-10 could recieve water from this storm surge.

I left Sabine Pass at 5:45AM as we tried to get people to leave that may have stayed. There were still people trying to leave when I got out. I was in a Ford Expedition and almost didn't make it out of some areas. There were areas of Sabine Pass with 3-4 feet over the roads already. The highway to Sabine Pass was going under in a few spots when I was coming out.

I left Sabine Pass at 5:45AM as we tried to get people to leave that may have stayed. There were still people trying to leave when I got out. I was in a Ford Expedition and almost didn't make it out of some areas. There were areas of Sabine Pass with 3-4 feet over the roads already. The highway to Sabine Pass was going under in a few spots when I was coming out.

and the storm is still hundreds of miles away!!!

tvc...

God Bless...

I hope all goes well.

Watching TV now before I leave....

The sea wall in Galveston is having waves splash over...

Half sea wall boulevard has water on it

Still 1500 people left on Galveston.

I hope they leave.

God Speed to all of us on this forum.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin