newton vs. east chambers who wins

I LOVE this thread!

The EC fixation on Newton and living vicariously through CC is awesome.

Why is it people think CC is some sort of patsy team?  That is a team that finished within a touchdown of Newton last year and advanced 3 rounds in the playoffs (2 the year before) and are only a few years removed from a state title.  That is a far cry from the play-10-games-and-then-bow-out-to-a-runner-up-in-bi-district local teams thany fancy themselves a "power".

As far as Barbay's comment in the article, well you are reading quite a bit that is just not stated.  He said CC did not want really want to play Newton.  That in no way infers that he thought they were "afraid" to play Newton or that he thought they would "strap one on CC".  In fact if you read carefully he talks about how he has to prepare for them, not the other way around.

If he didnt think CC could beat them, he would not have scheduled them.

Contenders play teams that can beat them and will make them better.

Pretenders play cupcakes that make for pretty records.

You'll notice there are no Newton fans on here making excuses.  CC is a good team and will be a state contender, as will Newton.  Friday night CC came to Newton and outplayed the Eagles.  Hats off to them, they earned a tough win against a great program.

The good news is EC fans don't have to live through Newton's opponents this week.  They get a crack at the Eagles directly.

My reference is not to who wanted the Newton vs CC game and who didn't want it. It was in reference to the fact that Barbay built his team up in an egotistical fashion to the press. He spoke as if he couldn't be beat and then lost the first game of the season. That is my whole point. Nothing else, nada, no more. There is nothing else to read into.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I LOVE this thread!

The EC fixation on Newton and living vicariously through CC is awesome.

Why is it people think CC is some sort of patsy team?  That is a team that finished within a touchdown of Newton last year and advanced 3 rounds in the playoffs (2 the year before) and are only a few years removed from a state title.  That is a far cry from the play-10-games-and-then-bow-out-to-a-runner-up-in-bi-district local teams thany fancy themselves a "power".

As far as Barbay's comment in the article, well you are reading quite a bit that is just not stated.  He said CC did not want really want to play Newton.  That in no way infers that he thought they were "afraid" to play Newton or that he thought they would "strap one on CC".  In fact if you read carefully he talks about how he has to prepare for them, not the other way around.

If he didnt think CC could beat them, he would not have scheduled them.

Contenders play teams that can beat them and will make them better.

Pretenders play cupcakes that make for pretty records.

You'll notice there are no Newton fans on here making excuses.  CC is a good team and will be a state contender, as will Newton.  Friday night CC came to Newton and outplayed the Eagles.  Hats off to them, they earned a tough win against a great program.

The good news is EC fans don't have to live through Newton's opponents this week.  They get a crack at the Eagles directly.

I don't know why you are referring to EC fans because most of the talk on here isn't EC fans.  I am a EC fan and have nothing but respect for the Newton football program.  And I have said before that whether EC wins or loses they will learn alot from Newton.  And just like Coach Barbay, EC Coach Valastro likes to play good teams to get ready for district.

Guest EagleFan01

.....but I don't think they will ever beat Newton.

Newton refused to play the past two years, so we will just never know how that would have turned out...

Here we go with this crap again..... I talked to Barbay and he said that him Valastro were going to play but Newton was able to get Carthage and lets be honest here that was a better game for us than EC so that is the real reason why they didn't play not because we were scared, by any stretch of the imagination, but if thinking Newton was scared helps you sleep better at night than by all means believe it.....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder