newton vs. east chambers who wins

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Newton, not because there strong but because ec has a losing mantality against that team hopefully they can break it. ???

As much as I would love to see Barbay go into district winless after his classless interview. . .I am afraid Newton is gonna take care of business in EC. Newton by 10.

Guest ECBucFan

As much as I would love to see Barbay go into district winless after his classless interview. . .

I agree. But regardless of that interview, Newton will be favorite against EC this year.

Barbay damaged himself, his school, and the Newton community with that interview. All that arrogance, then turned around and loses to a 2A team...

Guest EagleFan01

So whats the word on this game friday is it still on or what? Newton's football team is going to start practice again on Wed. Also I heard the stands at EC were not ready can anyone shed any light on this matter for me? I had heard they might have to play the game in Newton is there any truth to that?

If this game would've been played last week I would pick Newton.  But man, I was a little surprised by  the CC outcome so,

Eagles--20  Bucs--21

What you fail to realize, CC is a powerhouse football team as well. These boys have tradition and a couple of state titles to brag about. Last year they were begining to get tough like they have always been. Kirbyville beat them 48-0 in 2005, but they were way down and now they're up.

If this game would've been played last week I would pick Newton.  But man, I was a little surprised by the CC outcome so,

Eagles--20  Bucs--21

What you fail to realize, CC is a powerhouse football team as well. These boys have tradition and a couple of state titles to brag about. Last year they were begining to get tough like they have always been. Kirbyville beat them 48-0 in 2005, but they were way down and now they're up.

I guess I put to much stock into Barbay's article where it seemed he was saying CC really didn't want to play him which makes the general reader believe that Barbay is going to strap one on CC.  Obviously, CC can play football...

If this game would've been played last week I would pick Newton.  But man, I was a little surprised by the CC outcome so,

Eagles--20  Bucs--21

I guess I put to much stock into Barbay's article where it seemed he was saying CC really didn't want to play him which makes the general reader believe that Barbay is going to strap one on CC.  Obviously, CC can play football...

If Barbay would have really thought that he could just walk all over CC then he wouldn't have played them.  Nothing to gain by playing crappy teams.  If my memory serves me correctly, didn't CC knock a couple of pretty good teams out of the the playoffs last year?  I will say that if Newton doesn't play any better this week it will be a donkey stomp, and not in Newtons favor.  Newton by 1.

I LOVE this thread!

The EC fixation on Newton and living vicariously through CC is awesome.

Why is it people think CC is some sort of patsy team?  That is a team that finished within a touchdown of Newton last year and advanced 3 rounds in the playoffs (2 the year before) and are only a few years removed from a state title.  That is a far cry from the play-10-games-and-then-bow-out-to-a-runner-up-in-bi-district local teams thany fancy themselves a "power".

As far as Barbay's comment in the article, well you are reading quite a bit that is just not stated.  He said CC did not want really want to play Newton.  That in no way infers that he thought they were "afraid" to play Newton or that he thought they would "strap one on CC".  In fact if you read carefully he talks about how he has to prepare for them, not the other way around.

If he didnt think CC could beat them, he would not have scheduled them.

Contenders play teams that can beat them and will make them better.

Pretenders play cupcakes that make for pretty records.

You'll notice there are no Newton fans on here making excuses.  CC is a good team and will be a state contender, as will Newton.  Friday night CC came to Newton and outplayed the Eagles.  Hats off to them, they earned a tough win against a great program.

The good news is EC fans don't have to live through Newton's opponents this week.  They get a crack at the Eagles directly.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder