Liberty/Hardin scrimmage

baseball25

Sophomore

[applaud] [smite]

(No subject)

« Sent to: PANTHERPLAYA09 on: Today at 12:25:47 PM » Quote Reply Remove   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You must be on crack if you think hardn cared about that scrimmage they could care less they didn't even prep for yall that week. There getting ready for hull daisetta, they could careless about liberty its a scrimmage........district is what matters for hardin not scrimmages.....I am sure yall prep for us....I have a source that told me yall did all week............yall thought it was a superbowl lol...Hardin could careless....Hardin ran a basic defense and could careless to show yall anything else because scrimmages don't mean anything...

I want to go ahead and clear this up so everyone else in SETX doesnt have to listen to all of us make a fuss about this.

So, first off, the only reason everyone is making a big deal about this is because around Liberty last year everyone said that Hardin could beat us in a game(or scrimmage). Then when everyone found out about us playing them, the trash talk kept coming...so know, after beating Hardin soundly, people are still trying to down us. Thats why its even still being talked about. Not because we like to talk mess about a scrimmage.

Secondly, a disagree with you, Liberty will go into every competition this year (game/scrimmage/hopscotch match..etc.) wanting to win...not lose. Therefore, everything is important.

Thirdly, dont you think that taking the scrimmage with us seriously would prep Hardin for HD???

I think so..

This panthaplay is hillarious, he's the only one in Liberty that thinks they put it on Hardin. I live in Liberty, have a kid on the Freshmen team, know almost everyone in Liberty's stands, sat on Liberty's side during the scrimmage, I promise you, they did not handle Hardin. Reallity check time! Yes, the final was 4-1. As I've stated, Liberty has more depth. Their second and third teams were better against our second team made up of zero starters and mostly sophmores. But as for the first team, they scored one more time using 20 more plays and a missed tackle gave them their second touchdown. So, ask anyone, that sounds pretty good for  Hardin. If Liberty wins two games this year I'll be impressed.

I was at the game as well. I also don't have a dog in the race and hope both teams do well.  What I saw was a Liberty team that was not able to pass or protect the quarterback well.  They also could not run the ball on the outside.  They were able to run the ball down Hardin's throat with consistency.  This was Hardin's Achilles heal last year and is how Gilmer beat them fairly easily.  The Hardin offense did pass the ball well, but they were not able to run the ball except for the one play by Mitch V.  The Liberty secondary did not look very good especially the cornerbacks.  There were several plays that they had a chance to make something happen and Hardin ended up with large gains.  The Hardin D has to be able to stop the run up the middle.  I saw the comments from Haynes that he was upset Liberty ran counters.  I would think that should have been an eye opener on what he needed to work on.  All in all I though both teams looked like they just played their first scrimmage.  I am sure there coaches saw that they both have a lot to work on.  It is intersting to see the different views of the game from the fans.  I hope the enthusiasm stays positive and everyone does well.  The Liberty/Hardin kids all pretty much know each other, and it should be a fun time to strap on the helmet and knock each other around a little.

I was at the game as well. I also don't have a dog in the race and hope both teams do well.  What I saw was a Liberty team that was not able to pass or protect the quarterback well.  They also could not run the ball on the outside.  They were able to run the ball down Hardin's throat with consistency.  This was Hardin's Achilles heal last year and is how Gilmer beat them fairly easily.  The Hardin offense did pass the ball well, but they were not able to run the ball except for the one play by Mitch V.  The Liberty secondary did not look very good especially the cornerbacks.  There were several plays that they had a chance to make something happen and Hardin ended up with large gains.  The Hardin D has to be able to stop the run up the middle.  I saw the comments from Haynes that he was upset Liberty ran counters.  I would think that should have been an eye opener on what he needed to work on.  All in all I though both teams looked like they just played their first scrimmage.  I am sure there coaches saw that they both have a lot to work on.  It is intersting to see the different views of the game from the fans.  I hope the enthusiasm stays positive and everyone does well.  The Liberty/Hardin kids all pretty much know each other, and it should be a fun time to strap on the helmet and knock each other around a little.

Well put.

One more thing, instead of sitting around talking about how well they handled Hardin, Liberty should be thinking, "man, we sure didn't fare to well against a small 2A team, maybe we should look for ways to improve, our 3A district is gonna be much more difficult".

to be fair, most of Liberty's district lost to 2A schools in real games last year, so beating one, even in just a scrimmage, is ahead of the curve and maybe playoff worthy considering Hardin was decent last year (i dont konw what they have coming back)....

Liberty's inability to pass protect might come from the fact that they havent passed the ball consistantly in the program's history, seriously for all of Liberty's history their trick play was to pass the ball and it was even moreso this way under Stewart....you gotta give the kids some time to learn a completely new offense from what they were running (im assuming its comepletely new since its a new coach and you mentioned the word pass)...last year they had probs running around the edges and were good running it down people's throats so that part isnt too surprising, disheartening to see it isnt better but once again a new offense so maybe they will figure it out....and the secondary being bad shouldnt be too much of a prob being that no one else passes on a consistant basis in Liberty's district (unless if Huffman has changed their offense since the last time they were 3a, i havent seen them in a couple years)....

honestly, since Liberty has a new coach I don't expect them to do much but their district is soooo bad that they could make the playoffs if they figure out their new system by district time (might be tuff to do considering their non-district opponents but we will see)...unfortunately for Liberty and the other teams in their district due to it being so bad whoever makes the playoffs probably wont go far barring the miracle run or a team that really rises up and surprises people....

Liberty will be ready.........And as far as everyone thinking this is a weak district, get ready because it ain't as weak as you think.  CLeveland and Coldspring are very fast and physical.  Don't forget Huffman dropping down from 4A.  I'm glad everyone underestimates this district. 

Liberty will be ready.........And as far as everyone thinking this is a weak district, get ready because it ain't as weak as you think.  CLeveland and Coldspring are very fast and physical.  Don't forget Huffman dropping down from 4A.  I'm glad everyone underestimates this district.   

they are judging it on history...w/ huffman dropping it should be a little better than last year but last year it was arguably the weakest 3a district in the state...it was really really bad....i hope it gets better cause then it means there will be better football to watch...

This is the last thing Im going to say about the whole situation because I think its starting to be a distraction to our team. Promise. So, here it goes.....

1) I used to want Larry Haynes to come coach the Liberty Panthers my senior year. Now, I couldnt be happier with the great coaching staff Coach Deel has put together. I think

2) Its obvious that a 3a school is going to have more depth at every position. So its hard to really compare Liberty's third teamers with Hardin's tired 1st and 2nd teams. But Liberty doesnt have THAT much depth. were not baytown lee. Therefore most of the first teamers on defense would then turn around and play back to back on 2nd or 3rd team offense. So as far as being tired I think Liberty would have a little more resting time.

3) If you were anywhere near that field last saturday you are most likely a competative person so you probably tried to determine who "won" the scrimmage....how you could come away with Hardin winning is beyond me.

4) And, I know that some people are sore losers. (I know I am) So, obviously bushpilot is too..

This is the last thing Im going to say about the whole situation because I think its starting to be a distraction to our team. Promise. So, here it goes.....

1) I used to want Larry Haynes to come coach the Liberty Panthers my senior year. Now, I couldnt be happier with the great coaching staff Coach Deel has put together. I think

2) Its obvious that a 3a school is going to have more depth at every position. So its hard to really compare Liberty's third teamers with Hardin's tired 1st and 2nd teams. But Liberty doesnt have THAT much depth. were not baytown lee. Therefore most of the first teamers on defense would then turn around and play back to back on 2nd or 3rd team offense. So as far as being tired I think Liberty would have a little more resting time.

3) If you were anywhere near that field last saturday you are most likely a competative person so you probably tried to determine who "won" the scrimmage....how you could come away with Hardin winning is beyond me.

4) And, I know that some people are sore losers. (I know I am) So, obviously bushpilot is too..

Leave the talking on here to the has beens or never was's. You go work out, run, and get better. Good luck this year!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder