The Biggest Hit You Ever Saw?

I saw Cosby hit Wilkerson on tape....whew that was nasty.

Biggest hit I ever saw live was in a game I was playing in. Cory Broussard from HD hit a Splendora RB and just destroyed him on a quick give. Broussard was a basketball player (6'1" 170lb maybe) and wasnt' known as a hitter on the team. The first thing that hit the ground was the back of the dude's helmet. He broke through the line of scrimmage with the ball, and then out of no-where comes Broussard who had about a 12 yard full run at him. Kid pops right up (somehow) and takes like 4 steps and falls down. He's out, knocked out cold. Trainers come in with the smelling salts tryin to get him up, and it's not working. We're on a knee giving Cory props for the big hit, thinkin' the guy's fine, just REALLY got his bell rang. Well that wasnt' the case. The game is delayed for about 40 minutes taking care of him. LIFE-FLIGHT lands on our practice field beside the stadium. They load him up and fly him to Houston. Cory was freakin' out because we didnt' know what the deal was. We were told that the impact was so great that it made his heart skip a beat, and get off rythm and messed him up big time. Game continued and we lost 28-25, and it was Homecoming. After a day or two in Herman the kid got out and was supposedly ok, but couldnt' play anymore.

That hit was so scary, it just makes you realize that serious injuries can happen in this game. Since the guy's ok now (from what I understand), that's why I shared this story. If anyone was at Hull-Daisetta's homecoming at '95, they'll remember that one for life.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best hit I ever saw was when #60 from Buna I think his name was Luke Hughes was running down field on a punt and Pierce Rhodes was the returner and when Pierce went to catch it the ball went through his arms and rolled about five yards in front of him. As Pierce ran up to pick the ball up all you saw was a blur of a white jersey come flying in and as soon as his helmet connected with Pierce his cleats came off the ground and the ball went flyin in the air. It was like you heard a big poppin noise like the sound of a gun and then the crowd on both sides sayin oooohhhhhh!!!!! and then the buna side erupt cause they recovered the ball.

Hardest hit I saw was right here at Lamar, back in the day. They were playing Houston and Eugean Seal hit there RB/QB, dont know witch one, so hard he flew about eight yards in the air backwards. Mite be some film on that on somewhere. Also, Silsbee big Pat Henry in a game with WO-S, I think it was them, put a hit on there QB and knocked him out. On the next play WOS had there second QB in there and he knocked him out. We still lost the game, but those two hits were pricless.

Guest GoStangs

The first hit in the '87 Silsbee-WOS game you're talking about was Pat Henry. It was a clean shot, and yes, it did knock our QB out of the game -- actually, it turned out to be a season-ending injury. I don't remember the second hit at all (and I was playing in the game). I do remember you all hitting our second QB late and out of bounds, but it certainly didn't knock him out of the game.

I remembered another. A&M was playing Mizzou. Rodney Thomas takes the pitch around the left side, and the FS comes up to challenge. Contact was made and the FS leg breaks at the mid of the tib and Fib. Sounded like a gunshot went off in the stadium. The FS hit Rodney straight up nothing fancy or cheap.

I think it was 99. Katy was playing Madison with Vince Young. Katy had the ball and threw an out route to the tight end. The tight end looked about 6'5. He rounded the corner and accelerated down the sidelines toward the goal line. The little safety from Madison came flying up out of the endzone and met the guy in traffic head on. You could not see the actual hit, but the DB looked like someone standing outside of the back of the endzone had a rope tied to his back and jerked him backwards . When the TE hit him flew flew directly backwards like he was shot out of a cannon, feet and arms extended forward flying backwards. It looked like something you see in a cartoon. It was one heck of a collision.

Thanks WOS95 for the story........that kid from Vidor was me! Gayron Allen hit me so hard I did not know where I was.......Then coach comes over and asked me what happened....I said "YOU DIDNT SEE' date=' I GOT THE

S*** KNOCKED OUT OF ME"...He also hit me in the back earlier in the game and I thought my spine shattered....hardest hitter I have ever played against

two more comes to mind though[b'].......In the playoffs when PNG and Lamarque played the year PNG went to the state finals..........Chris Gohlke hit a Lamarque receiver coming across the middle(so hard it hurt me).....the ball was not even there and gohlke drills this poor kid and he had to be carted off...he was called for pass int ......the best was after though.....gohlke comes to the sidelines and it looks like burnett is cursing him out.... but then you see burnett pat him on the butt as if to say good job.....it was priceless!

Last, Brian Smith, a RB for Vidor was hit on a sweep play and he was cut for a flip....I believe it was in 1997 at LCM...... they showed that play atleast 20 times on the tailgate party.

I remember that Gohlke hit. That and many others. He was one of the hardest hitters I have ever seen.

• 9 months later...

Hardest hit I saw was right here at Lamar, back in the day.  They were playing Houston and Eugean Seal hit there RB/QB, dont know witch one, so hard he flew about eight yards in the air backwards. Mite be some film on that on somewhere. Also, Silsbee big Pat Henry in a game with WO-S, I think it was them, put a hit on there QB and knocked him out.  On the next play WOS had there second QB in there and he knocked him out.  We still lost the game, but those two hits were pricless.

stiger85....I remember that moment. The RB that Seale nailed from Houston was Love. I think KFDM aired that play quite a bit. Seale did knock Love off of his feet.

Clean hit, but one of two last year that sent QBs to the hospital via helicopter. Scary moment.

Definitely, im not from LCM but i was worried about the kid.  I saw one of the linemen try to pull him up from the jersey and he just flopped back down

2000 buyou bowl...i think it was the first one.. one of our hardest hitters in the last decade robert melich was an upback on punt.  he had a clean release and was FLYING down the field...no fair catch was called unfortunately for the waiting punt returner.  it looked like a scene straight out of the water boy..it was unfair..his head hit the ground first, i got to watch it two more times that night on the tailgate party.

The hit on the WB WR when he tried to hurdle the pile and the Westfield defender was waiting.  he fumbled the ball and gave up a td.  He was still on the ground 10 mins later.  Also all the hard hits from the safety Tony Ward from Ozen a few years ago.  Dude stayed knocking helmets off!

• 4 weeks later...

Help me think of some Jag hits Soulja?

Sure, for one, how about that hit on #20 on Nederland by D. Hall last year?  What about the several big hits from our 2003 Jags, staring big #90 A. Collins?  So many that year to remember.  I dont' remember too many individual Jag hits.  ;D ;D

Okay, I am showing my age now. In the early 70's I think it was 1973 PNG was playing Lincoln. Lincoln was marching down the field via the pass. David Boullion, I think, from PNG flew horizonnaly and hit Kenny Washington, the quaterback for the Bees, about head hight just as he released the ball. Kenny could not get up. The game was delayed until he could walk off the field. The refferie walked to the Lincoln side line and put his right hand even with the side line and proceeded to trot along the side line as to get people off of the field. He went all the way to the back of the endzone then across the field to the PNG side. He then trotted down the entire field all 120 yards holding his right hand pointed to the side line then back across the back of the endzone and all the way back to where he started. Then he called for the game to resume. Lincoln then called for a timeout. After the timeout Kenny trotted back on the field and resumed play. He never missed a down. The next day in the paper Kenny was quoted as saying "It was a clean hit. There was no way he could have stopped". I thought that was a class act on his part but the referee should have been repremanded for holding the game up that long.

Can't remember who it was against, but Ned QB Brad Sullivan was was also the punter, was facing two blockers in front of the punt returner.  He threw his body in what looked like a wrestling move and knocked the two blockers who were running full speed at him back into the punt returner.  Best tackle I've ever seen.

Another would be a couple of years ago when Beasley blew up Butler coming over the middle. 

D. Johnsons hit on Tatum last year was pretty good as well.

What about the two hits Nederland's Pillitere put on those two Broncos at Dayton a few years back, Penny?  If I remember correctly, you turned a few heads on the home side when you yelled, "Good God!  He killed him!" after reviewing one of the hits in the video camera.

I remembered another one.  This was from practice.  Reggie Brown (6'4" 245)and Rodney Thomas(5'11", 210) collided on the iso.  Both of them bent their facemasks and broke the welds on their facemasks.  I have seen them both break masks on opposing players.

Rodney Thomas was a true fresh and knocked out a senior FS filling the ally on the sweep.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder