If Your Team Wins Its First Game What Is It Going To Prove

lets say the other team turns over the ball all night long and you know as a fan of the game that team you were playing was  is alot better than that just had a bad night

I agree with WB that turnovers are a part of the game. There are too many "what ifs?" involved with the answer to your question. If my team forces their opponent to turn the ball over multiple times, and we are able to capitalize on these turnovers, then I have to wonder if the other team is any better at all. It's why the games are played.

If a team like North Shore wins then they are supposed to and if they lose then it is like a wake up call to the world.

If a team like say Tarkington wins its first game then it could be a building block for an entire season, but if they lose then most people are not suprised.

There are situations and scenarios every Friday night and that is what makes sports so compelling, and why we are on the message boards posting our opinions.

It will prove that the team is 1-0. Nothing else can be proven after one game by any team. Even WO-S's loss to Nederland will not prove that they are a bad team or can't keep up. It will just mean that they have work to do.

It will prove that the team is 1-0. Nothing else can be proven after one game by any team. Even WO-S's loss to Nederland will not prove that they are a bad team or can't keep up. It will just mean that they have work to do.

I agree with part of your post. The difference is WOS will know they have work to do, win or lose.  That's just the way we do things! What will Nederland learn from their loss? ;D

I remember about 7 years ago or so that Cleveland started out 0-5 and then went and won their district and went three rounds deep losing to the eventual state champs that year.

Their have been several teams start out the season 0-2, 0-3 and go on to win state titles. Paris went 0-3 to start the 88 season and went on to beat WOS in the 88 title game.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin