*Lumberton Raiders 2008 Football Team Preview*

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you all forget the roll the fans play in raider games and ou runnin game was a lot of the heart and sole of our offense and just cause hussey's gone does not mean our runnin game has gone anywhere we still got beard and hanna

i was proving a point that he doesnt care about money..

You gave your opinion--and did not prove anything---IF and that is a very BIG IF---he is as successful this season as last then Lumberton had better be ready to open the check book. He may not NEED the money but that is how coaches keep score and he will get all that he can.

Anyone that believes coaches do not care about money is an idiot or simply dellusional to the point of believing that coaching at "the great Lumberton" is the pinnacle of success

think what you want.

to us, and our coaches.. no one would rather be anywhere else. believe that.

remember this----if you have a year like the last one and your coach is offered a 25,000 dollar raise he will jump on it faster than a cop on a doughnut-----however you need not worry the Raiders will finish ahead of LCM and Vidor and behind everyone else--so relax your guy is safe unless the Bears or Pirates wish to improve

As it happens, I went to school, in Lumberton, with Alvin Credeur.  Our senior year, our stats were 0-10.  It sucked.  I was surprised when I heard that he'd become a football coach, honestly.  I really didn't picture that for him.  However, a lot of Lumberton alumni have become teachers and teach at Lumberton.  Alvin went out, he got his degree, he got his experience.  He stepped down to 7th grade football to come to Lumberton, for a couple of reasons, I think.  One, because he knew that it wouldn't be long till the top spot opened up again, (it never was long, part of Lumberton's ongoing problem), and two, because he wanted to build the program from the ground up.  And he's finally tasting the fruits of his labors.  Good for him, good for the kids and good for the community.  Is he going to jump on money elsewhere?  I don't think so.  He's come home.

YES--good for him, good for lumberton, good for the teachers, and librarians and janitors and students and everyone else----but IF he has another year like last year---lumberton's board better "pony up" and pay him or someone else will, no matter how much he loves the great lumberton ISD

School pride is great but good coaches can win almost anywhere, and for more money what coach wouldn't change colors and better his standard of living. I am sure his family comes first. He has done a good job at Lumberton, but longevity is the true test. If he can keep winning he will get offers. Diamond -J is right, the LISD has to appreciate him as much as the fans do.

School pride is great but good coaches can win almost anywhere, and for more money what coach wouldn't change colors and better his standard of living. I am sure his family comes first. He has done a good job at Lumberton, but longevity is the true test. If he can keep winning he will get offers. Diamond -J is right, the LISD has to appreciate him as much as the fans do.

Ya'll really don't understand.  The Music Director, Ross Boothman, graduated with us.  His brother is a vice-principle at the middle school.  Lance Long is principle of the Primary School.  He graduated with us too.  The list goes on and on.  Our people stick.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    telexa
    Newest Member
    telexa