Shetland - Tournament Thread - Updates

vhs

I want to start out by mocking the other replies, GREAT JOB BY THE GROVES TEAM!!!!!    I would also like to comment on the umpire staff tonight, that was one of the best called games I have seen in a while, I hope there back again tomorrow! T. C. hit the ball good (not great),  alot of balls hit on the ground and thats what it takes. Good things happen when the ball is hit on the ground. Not one pop up from the T. C. squad, WAY TO GO T. C. !!!!  I would like to say good luck to both teams  tomorrow but I would be telling a lie so GOOD LUCK TO T.C. -SHOW THEM WHAT YOUR MADE OF GUYS! ;D ;D ;D

Oh yeah,  I think there will be a game three. May the best one win and whoever it shall be I know with confidence that with the talent that both of these teams have that our area will be well represented in a competitive but  appreciative manner!!!!!!

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 1armpirate

Come on Vidor !!!!!!  Do what yall did the other night!!!! ;D ;D

You will have the support there in full tonight!!!! ;)  With a night off from not playing Thursday,  Vidor will be well rested and ready to go!!!

I am gonna have to go with Vidor on this one. Either way I am proud to know that the "Golden Triangle" will be represented WELL! To ALL the FANS, PARENTS & COACHES- 8) PLEASE show your SUPPORT for the winning team & congratulate the other team for a HARD Fight! It gets much, much harder & more competitive from here.

I'm not sorry if this gets taken the wrong way.....this has been the typical train wreck you don't want to look at but cant turn away from....and none of you can see it because your all buried under the rubble.......I am embarrassed for all of you and this thread!!!  5 and 6 year old kids are playing a game....5 and 6!!  people keep saying remember the kids.....think about the kids...but from what has been posted I'm certain no on really means it. 

Competition is great for kids....but you have mentioned coaches wanting to fight......moms wanting to fight......parents yelling at their own kids as well as kids that are on the other team.......complaining about umpires in a 5&6 year old baseball game.........predicting who is going to win, again 5 and 6 years old??  former coaches saying how much "pressure??" these coaches are under to win because it's win or go home??.......WHAT PRESSURE??  THEY ARE 5 and 6??

We wonder all the time about why more and more kids quit sports at an earlyer age??

Really, we have to wonder??  Like i said you cant see it because your all under the rubble. 

I'll try to end with a little laughter although the ones that get it will say hmm.....rather then laugh.........maybe both....?

How close are we from husbands having their pregnant wives playing baseball and both mommy's and daddy's yelling at belly's because what's inside didn't make mommy run fast enough, or throw it to the right base, or hit the ball hard enough.  How upsetting it will be when every major league scout is not present at the birth to sign them up for the majors.................

Baseball is the greatest game to teach us about life but if the game is done wrong.....life gets a bad rap......Before you leave for any game....parents....take a step back..look in the mirror...say 'it's for the kids'...... and really mean it!!

Guest 1armpirate

I'm not sorry if this gets taken the wrong way.....this has been the typical train wreck you don't want to look at but cant turn away from....and none of you can see it because your all buried under the rubble.......I am embarrassed for all of you and this thread!!!   5 and 6 year old kids are playing a game....5 and 6!!  people keep saying remember the kids.....think about the kids...but from what has been posted I'm certain no on really means it. 

Competition is great for kids....but you have mentioned coaches wanting to fight......moms wanting to fight......parents yelling at their own kids as well as kids that are on the other team.......complaining about umpires in a 5&6 year old baseball game.........predicting who is going to win, again 5 and 6 years old??  former coaches saying how much "pressure??" these coaches are under to win because it's win or go home??.......WHAT PRESSURE??  THEY ARE 5 and 6??

We wonder all the time about why more and more kids quit sports at an earlyer age??

Really, we have to wonder??  Like i said you cant see it because your all under the rubble. 

I'll try to end with a little laughter although the ones that get it will say hmm.....rather then laugh.........maybe both....?

How close are we from husbands having their pregnant wives playing baseball and both mommy's and daddy's yelling at belly's because what's inside didn't make mommy run fast enough, or throw it to the right base, or hit the ball hard enough.  How upsetting it will be when every major league scout is not present at the birth to sign them up for the majors.................

Baseball is the greatest game to teach us about life but if the game is done wrong.....life gets a bad rap......Before you leave for any game....parents....take a step back..look in the mirror...say 'it's for the kids'...... and really mean it!!

??? ??? ???

Don't you get excited when you think your boy is gonna make first chair in the band?

Well since you have shown me the light I will arise from the rubble and be a better parent..I will no longer root for my child or give them encouragement.I will let them know that since they are only 5&6 that there game means nothing and they shouldnt try to win.And I guess if someone is hollering at my child then I should just let them and not say anything to them because I dont want to be under the "rubble" anymore..

I have to go look in the mirror and say "it's for the kids'..And I mean it..if the umpires make a terrible call tonight I will just say' they are only 5&6 it dont matter. When my nephew tells me he was safe instead of out I  will just say "well son,It dont matter you are only 6 and it dont matter if you was out or safe".

I'm not sorry if this gets taken the wrong way.....this has been the typical train wreck you don't want to look at but cant turn away from....and none of you can see it because your all buried under the rubble.......I am embarrassed for all of you and this thread!!!   5 and 6 year old kids are playing a game....5 and 6!!  people keep saying remember the kids.....think about the kids...but from what has been posted I'm certain no on really means it. 

??? ??? ???

Don't you get excited when you think your boy is gonna make first chair in the band?

Well since you have shown me the light I will arise from the rubble and be a better parent..I will no longer root for my child or give them encouragement.I will let them know that since they are only 5&6 that there game means nothing and they shouldnt try to win.And I guess if someone is hollering at my child then I should just let them and not say anything to them because I dont want to be under the "rubble" anymore..

I have to go look in the mirror and say "it's for the kids'..And I mean it..if the umpires make a terrible call tonight I will just say' they are only 5&6 it dont matter. When my nephew tells me he was safe instead of out I  will just say "well son,It dont matter you are only 6 and it dont matter if you was out or safe".

;)

I'm with Besbol on this one.  In time, it will matter more, but 5-6 is just too early to worry that much about wins and losses.  I can promise you that it means more to the parents at that age. And Pirate, when your nephew says the ump made a bad call, just tell him the umps do their best and it's a hard job.

If it doesn't matter to the 5-6 yrs olds that I've been exposed to than they do a pretty good job of fakeing it!!! In regular league ball I can definetly agree with you that the majority does not care, but generally that is a differece with the ones who make the AllStar teams & the one's that don't. If AllStar teams are picked right I can promise you the kids will care about the game. On the other hand, all the bickering they are NOT for in any shape or form.  8)

I think that's my point.  I think the kids want to win(who doesn't).  But they aren't going to whine about umpiring unless they hear it from parents/fans first.  And, they will forget about a loss within minutes, if the parents don't run around dissing the umps/other team, etc.

Cheer for them, yes, but they will get over a loss much quicker than you.

Guest 1armpirate

I think that's my point.  I think the kids want to win(who doesn't).  But they aren't going to whine about umpiring unless they hear it from parents/fans first.  And, they will forget about a loss within minutes, if the parents don't run around dissing the umps/other team, etc.

Cheer for them, yes, but they will get over a loss much quicker than you.

you are correct westend..I just think that other guy went overboard..Good luck tonight to Vidor and TC

Guest 1armpirate

WHOOO!!!! How about them Vidor Pirates!!!!

Good job..Just like I predicted 1 game tonight...Vidor 26  TC 15. Ten run ruled them..Good job to the TC boys they played hard!!!

;D ;D ;D

It will be nice in Dallas, I heard it is hot though!!

Congrats to the Vidor Shetland All-Star Team or should I say Golden Triangle Shetland Champions.  You guys have a great and team, coaches and fans.  Go to Irving and show the state how good the Golden Triangle is.  

Also congrats to our TC team.  You kids gave it your best and finished better than any TC team has ever finished in the Shetland Division.  You kids have nothing to hang your heads about.  Two losses both to the Champion Vidor.  

Special thanks to Larry, Cody, Billy and Sam for doing a great job with the TC team.  You guys are the best and did a great job.

Now it is time for a little summer vacation and then time for Fall Ball.

Best of luck to Hal, Clint and the entire Vidor Team!!!!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder