Shetland - Tournament Thread - Updates

vhs

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vidor did what TC did not do.  They hit and fielded the ball.  I hope to see Vidor on Friday.

I thought this website was a place to share information among other people interested in the same sport.

This website has turned into a place where people can hide behind a fake name and talk trash.

If you have a problem with someone, address it with that person, instead of throwing words around like kids (Prime example is the person talking about the #11 coach.  Go and talk with him instead of running to the shadows).  Talk about lack of class. 

Agreed.  There was definitely a lot of noise during the game.  I don't think that this is a forum to attack individuals.  Honestly, LawDog, you don't qualify to give an opinion about Hal unless you know him.  He is wonderful with the kids and always stays positive.  I  think it is odd that the coaches and even some of the parents (Lazeek) didn't have a problem after the game (or after the Director's Tournament Championship for that matter).  I do think it is inappropriate for the TC coaches to talk to our kids (unless they are complimenting them).  No need to talk while they are preparing to swing or encourage them to throw a ball.  That was one area that was bothersome.  

I know all the parents are super-excited (and we are having to tell our parents to quit instructing from the sidelines -- it interferes with our instruction ;D !), but not need to make comments about where we are from.  Ultimately, it is a game for the kids.  What is lost in all of the yelling is that the kids on the field did a great job.  They couldn't care less where one team is from or another (someone from the TC sidelines made a derogatory comment directed to our team as being from Vidor -- not something our kids need to hear).  In fact, my son hung out with a TC kid eating pizza after the game.  I think the parents could all learn a lesson from the kids here.  

Both teams played hard and the kids should all be applauded for that.   Good luck to Groves and TC tomorrow night.  

The comments are true.  This is a game for the kids.  Sometimes we as parents and/or coaches get tied up in the game and say things that should not be said.

I also know coaches have a very hard time coaching when there are so many "sideline" coaches.  I know everyone is trying to help, but the kids can not hear the coaches because of others yelling.

Daddy23, our kids did have a great time at Mazzio's last night.  I just wanted to say thank you for the silver dollar that you gave my son.  He ran up to me with the biggest smile.

Good luck to Groves tonight.  I know that we have already played in the first game, but you have showed character hanging in there.

Guest 1armpirate

First off Congrats to Vidor and Coach Lapray for the win..TC kids are a great group of kids with alot of talent.The SS was impressive.I do feel TC didnt play up to there potential and it might be a better game Friday if TC advances.

yes there was some yelling going on from the sidelines.The lady in white that was standing along the fence in rightfield hollered at the catcher to hurry up and thats when people from Vidor got upset.There is NO need to holler at the opposing 5 and 6 year old kids.I agree it wasnt the best umpiring job but it went both ways. The TC coaches went on the field complaining way too much..

About Coach Hal being an actor ,....well he does look nice in the uniform. but you will not meet a better guy who loves the kids and is truly out there for the kids..

And dont worry if you yell at my child  whether you or a coach telling him to "throw the ball" or a parent who dont know how to act , you will know who I am real quick. Not one time did you hear a Vidor parent yell at a kid from TC.And you wont because the parents from Vidor wouldn't put up with it more less Caoch Hal or Coach Clint.

Guest 1armpirate

Both teams have class and both teams classless people!!!!!  Why not be a classy person and say congrats to all of the kids (5-6 year olds) on a job well done.  Vidor won.........act like you have done it before!!!!

Act like yall have lost before instead of hollering at the kids..

Trust me we have won before..I believe it was about a year ago and we were sitting in Dallas playing in the state tournament..

Guest 1armpirate

Good job by both teams tonight!!! Words gettin around bout all the small talk goin round. Remember coaches there might be people in the stands listening so watch what you say! Remember that ole sayin, Dont let your mouth overload your a** !!!!!!!!!

This is priceless!!!

I remember the Pinto problems we had last year in TC. I will say this ,there is alot of good people in TC and I have some friends over there as well.But there was a handful of problems.

I was at the game last night and I wouldn't say shocked because I have seen alot, but really dissappointed.There was a earlier post about the kids eating at mazzio's together and just worrying about how to team up and get more tickets.That really about sums it up.These kids just want to play ball and have fun.Win or lose on the way home they are either thinking about what Wii ,or playstation game they are going to play, and or how they can convince there parents if little Johnny from the team can stay the night with them.

I agree the umpiring could have been better, but thats just baseball and everyage group has that.

I remember last year I coached the Pinto all stars and I met a great group of guys from Orange(TD,and Chad)and Orange's  parents. Before every game we would talk, and AFTER we called eachother.Yes they beat us and they had the better team and advanced to the State tournament. Then our Shetland  team beat Orange in the finals and advanced to the state tournament..I called up to Dallas everyday and Talked to the Orange's coach and was wishing them the best of luck and rooting them on.They to inturn the same people that got beat in the Shetland division was up in Dallas rooting our Vidor team on and vice versa.That right there folks is class and that is the way to handle youth sports . It was good to hear all the way here at home that both parents and coaches from Vidor and Orange who knocked eachother out of the finals  in different divisions were up there cheering and supporting one another.

I will say this and then I am done.The more excited the coach gets, the more excited the parents get.The more "professional" and "calm" the coach remains, the more the fans remain calm.Coach you are ultimately responsible for your parents.If you hear a parent hollering at a kid ,and you dont say anything then that means you are approving of it.

Good luck to both teams and it should be a good one Friday!

Guest bbguru01

This is one of the funniest threads I have ever seen.   Are these kids realy 5 and 6?  Sick, man.  Real sick.    ::):P :-[

it does make the day go by faster..I might have something to do now on Friday night.

Guest bbguru01

I remember the Pinto problems we had last year in TC. I will say this ,there is alot of good people in TC and I have some friends over there as well.But there was a handful of problems.

I was at the game last night and I wouldn't say shocked because I have seen alot, but really dissappointed.There was a earlier post about the kids eating at mazzio's together and just worrying about how to team up and get more tickets.That really about sums it up.These kids just want to play ball and have fun.Win or lose on the way home they are either thinking about what Wii ,or playstation game they are going to play, and or how they can convince there parents if little Johnny from the team can stay the night with them.

I agree the umpiring could have been better, but thats just baseball and everyage group has that.

I remember last year I coached the Pinto all stars and I met a great group of guys from Orange(TD,and Chad)and Orange's  parents. Before every game we would talk, and AFTER we called eachother.Yes they beat us and they had the better team and advanced to the State tournament. Then our Shetland  team beat Orange in the finals and advanced to the state tournament..I called up to Dallas everyday and Talked to the Orange's coach and was wishing them the best of luck and rooting them on.They to inturn the same people that got beat in the Shetland division was up in Dallas rooting our Vidor team on and vice versa.That right there folks is class and that is the way to handle youth sports . It was good to hear all the way here at home that both parents and coaches from Vidor and Orange who knocked eachother out of the finals  in different divisions were up there cheering and supporting one another.

I will say this and then I am done.The more excited the coach gets, the more excited the parents get.The more "professional" and "calm" the coach remains, the more the fans remain calm.Coach you are ultimately responsible for your parents.If you hear a parent hollering at a kid ,and you dont say anything then that means you are approving of it.

Good post.......

Both teams have class and both teams classless people!!!!!  Why not be a classy person and say congrats to all of the kids (5-6 year olds) on a job well done.  Vidor won.........act like you have done it before!!!!

Act like yall have lost before instead of hollering at the kids..

Trust me we have won before..I believe it was about a year ago and we were sitting in Dallas playing in the state tournament..And there was a great group of kids from Orange (and coaches ) who got along well and were very classy..

You might have won the little sectional tournament last year but your stay in dallas was brief.  If I remember it was two games and back to the house.  So don't act like vidor has never been beat.

I have to agree with lawdawg through the directors tournament and the majority of the all star tournament its been the same people sharing information and congratulating each other. For the most part if you been at the tournaments you know who daddy23 is and lazkee and others,  then last night all these other ones pop up to talk about the dance and strokin and what ever other negative comments have been made, man yall need to grow up. Quit trying to act like big men behind a fake names. BTW Congrats to the teams left!!!!!!!!!!!!! Amazed by the talent I have seen in 5 and 6 year olds through out the whole tournament. This is about the kids not the parents.

I have never seen a classless person in my life with the lady screaming at the Vidor kids.She bad mouthed the umpires and hollered at the Vidor kids all night.

Very ,very dissappointed in her behavior..She was the one in the white shirt on the fenceline..It was non stop all night..great game Vidor and TC players.A little too cocky with all the car signs..I do remember that post about not letting the mouth overload the a$$......

To the 1armpirate. Well I am the white shirt lady and I never holored at a kid from vidor. Blue was the only ones I holored at. We were just wondering which car from Vidor they rode in. You can call me classless all u want I really dont care what you think I mean u r from Vidor!!!! So next time u want to post a remark on a stupid web site why not just confront me to my face and be grown up about it. By the way I think the whole night I was cheering on TC isn't that what u do at a baseball game. Dont bother bringing your camera Friday night I will bring mine. And I will make sure to send u a copy!! Have a wonderful day.

I agree... Good job both teams... Very good talent on both sides...Let's remember who and why we are all out there far."the kids"...btw the comments made about the coaches, I was the coach last year and we all know that its different then league ball in all stars there's a lot of pressure to win our go home so let not be so quick to judge our coaches they on both sides have done one H*LL of a job..so unless you've been there then you'll never understand the pressure...so let's be nice..FYI I know the coaches well three of them from T.C.and one of them called me right after the game and nothing but good things to say about Vidor and never once blamed it on any call our the umpires..all he could say is Vidor impressed him and if they meet up Friday then TC will need to bring their A game..so let's talk class now!!!

Good luck to all teams left......

Guest 1armpirate

Here we go again with the Vidor comments.and yes maam you did holler at the catcher..You told him to hurry up and ..Quote; "hurry up catch, ,hustle up why are you taking so long"?.Then you continued your behavior hollering at the umpire saying he was form Vidor and why was he letting the catcher take so long .You hollered why you give the catcher 10 minutes to get dressed?.Yes maam you did holler and I wasnt the only one to hear it..we were all actually watching you laughing at you at first then when you hollered at one od our kids then it wasnt funny anymore.

It was non stop all night long and it wasnt just words of encouragement.I am sure the kids heard it and I dont even want to know what they thought,and i am sure you dont either.

and trust me if you holler at MY kid Friday night then I will be a grown up about it and have a talk with you.and while were on the subject about being grown up, do you really think that was being a grown up last night the way you were acting?

Well the "white shirt lady" or "unlady" has managed to make an a** out of herself once again! How can you defend youself as being any kind of a decent person when your words say otherwise? Your little comment "come on, your from Vidor" shows me & everyone else that you are definetly just what has already been said- CLASSLESS!!! Good Luck to TC as they have a good group of Kids! (What it is suppossed to be about)

Here we go again with the Vidor comments.and yes maam you did holler at the catcher..You told him to hurry up and ..Quote; "hurry up catch, ,hustle up why are you taking so long"?.Then you continued your behavior hollering at the umpire saying he was form Vidor and why was he letting the catcher take so long .You hollered why you give the catcher 10 minutes to get dressed?.Yes maam you did holler and I wasnt the only one to hear it..we were all actually watching you laughing at you at first then when you hollered at one od our kids then it wasnt funny anymore.

It was non stop all night long and it wasnt just words of encouragement.I am sure the kids heard it and I dont even want to know what they thought,and i am sure you dont either.

and trust me if you holler at MY kid Friday night then I will be a grown up about it and have a talk with you.and while were on the subject about being grown up, do you really think that was being a grown up last night the way you were acting?

Well since u r so hung up on me!! I was sitting next to some of my family and if I remember I was not directing anything to the catcher just the umpire. We all know how Vidor likes to try anything they can to win even running out the time. I was there to watch my nephew and he loves for me to cheer him on. My brother is one of the coaches from TC so watch what u say about them. Since I am such a monster please let me know ur childs number so I can cheer him on. By the way my brother in law and step sister r from Vidor and I have been to many of there games over the years to watch my nephew play and as I recall Vidor parents can make TC parents look like saints!!! So the threat you made to me about ur kid, am I really suppose to be scared of that comment? I mean if u think knowing that ur from the trailer park is gonna scare me well I guess I will see u Friday night.

Well the "white shirt lady" or "unlady" has managed to make an a** out of herself once again! How can you defend youself as being any kind of a decent person when your words say otherwise? Your little comment "come on, your from Vidor" shows me & everyone else that you are definetly just what has already been said- CLASSLESS!!! Good Luck to TC as they have a good group of Kids! (What it is suppossed to be about)

If u only had a clue!!! I am suprised that you people can even spell "CLASS"!!! I am glad to know that u people have nothing better to do and that I have given yall something to talk about. It must be really boring in Vidor!! I can see saying something once but eat ur own words u and 1arm pirate keep repeating urselves on here. Take ur own advise

Guest 1armpirate

Well since u r so hung up on me!! I was sitting next to some of my family and if I remember I was not directing anything to the catcher just the umpire. We all know how Vidor likes to try anything they can to win even running out the time. I was there to watch my nephew and he loves for me to cheer him on. My brother is one of the coaches from TC so watch what u say about them. Since I am such a monster please let me know ur childs number so I can cheer him on. By the way my brother in law and step sister r from Vidor and I have been to many of there games over the years to watch my nephew play and as I recall Vidor parents can make TC parents look like saints!!! So the threat you made to me about ur kid, am I really suppose to be scared of that comment? I mean if u think knowing that ur from the trailer park is gonna scare me well I guess I will see u Friday night.

lol..Sometimes when you say nothing at all that says alot.I am going to take the high road and let everyone read your post and let them decide who the "saints"are...Actually I don't have a kid on the team I have a relative,but I think of him as mine.I am sure all the good folks from TC really appreciate your behavior..Like I said "saying nothing at all sometimes says it all"... ;D ;)

Corey, right back at you.  We have always enjoyed playing Vidor and Groves. 

This topic is one of the reasons my son and I are not playing/coaching all-stars this year.  It got pretty ugly last year also.

Chad

Corey, right back at you.  We have always enjoyed playing Vidor and Groves. 

This topic is one of the reasons my son and I are not playing/coaching all-stars this year.  It got pretty ugly last year also.

Chad

;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder