Shetland - Tournament Thread - Updates

vhs

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest vpfootball

Vidor wins good game..tc needs to get some class and tell their fans the umpires are not from Vidor and they got a little to cocky with the state bound on their cars wasn't there a post that said don't let your mouth over load you a**....Good job Vidor.....

Guest 1armpirate

I have never seen a classless person in my life with the lady screaming at the Vidor kids.She bad mouthed the umpires and hollered at the Vidor kids all night.

Very ,very dissappointed in her behavior..She was the one in the white shirt on the fenceline..It was non stop all night..great game Vidor and TC players.A little too cocky with all the car signs..I do remember that post about not letting the mouth overload the a$$......

Guest 1armpirate

If you are going to bad mouth the umpires come up with something besides that they are from Vidor..that got old about the 3rd inning..

Please dont yell at the opposing kids..

Guest vpfootball

By the way TC tell your coach'#11' pretty sorry in him to be yelling at our catcher to throw the ball some class he has these are 5 and 6 year old kids..never in my life seen so many coaches arguing SOOO many calls...I'm sure well see TC Friday I hope they come with a little more class...Good Luck to both teams...Go VIDOR 

Guest 1armpirate

Looks like we two-stepped our way to the championship...I will bring a video recorder Friday IF yall make it to the "Dance" and find that lady that did all the yelling and record her..Hopefully she would be embarrassed if she saw herself on camera..

Guest vpfootball

Yes one more win!!!

S T A T E  B O U N D

Let's go VIDOR..Good job Vidor Coaches and fans on keeping your cool and being a good example for the kids...

Congrats to Vidor on a great win!!!  Tonight was the better teams night.  Hopefully we will have a chance to redeem ourselves on Friday night.

As far as the windows being painted.  That is my car that says state bound and has my son's number (#36) on it.  I am proud of him and his team and want him to shoot for the the championship and move on to Irving.  Each and every team in every sport in high school does the same thing.  I have said from day 1 that Vidor was the team to beat and they are.....but does it hurt to strive for the state tournament.  "Bound" means that you want or intend to get there!!!!  You want to be positive and encourage them to win and move on.

As far as the classless fans and hollering at the umpires goes it went on both sides tonight.  The game was fairly called but you always feel that you get robbed when you are on the bad end of the call.

I agree with most of the post...But dang man....quit complaining. People hate to play yall. The directors tournament was the same way. I would be more concerned about cleaning up your leagues image than I would be about being "STATE BOUND"!!!!!

Congrats to Vidor on a great win!!!  Tonight was the better teams night.  Hopefully we will have a chance to redeem ourselves on Friday night.

As far as the windows being painted.  That is my car that says state bound and has my son's number (#36) on it.  I am proud of him and his team and want him to shoot for the the championship and move on to Irving.  Each and every team in every sport in high school does the same thing.  I have said from day 1 that Vidor was the team to beat and they are.....but does it hurt to strive for the state tournament.  "Bound" means that you want or intend to get there!!!!  You want to be positive and encourage them to win and move on.

As far as the classless fans and hollering at the umpires goes it went on both sides tonight.  The game was fairly called but you always feel that you get robbed when you are on the bad end of the call.

well i agree, good game vidor! tough infield and outfield got the ball in quick. Im not gonna take anything away from the kids from vidor, seems like they stayed focused the whole game. T. C. did not hit the ball tonight- in my opinion , if we would have shown up like we have in the past we would have given vidor a little bit more run for the money. On the other hand, (not sayin it cost us the game) but the field umpire couldnt make a call on his own, everything questioned about he had to go to the plate umpire and ask for his opinion when the plate umpire wasnt even watchin the play. Both teams got some unfair callin tonight. I think if every thing goes well we will see vidor again Friday and we will have to show up with our game faces on to win both games out of a doule header but I think it could happen!!!  Good games tonight !!!

I agree with most of the post...But dang man....quit complaining. People hate to play yall. The directors tournament was the same way. I would be more concerned about cleaning up your leagues image than I would be about being "STATE BOUND"!!!!!

IMAGE!!!!!!!!!

I was one of the coaches on the Scrappers that lost to the Vidor Astros in the Directors Tournament.  Why would nobody want to play us?  We play to win and sometimes we do and tonight we did not.  Move on to the next game.

What bad image do we have?  Please elaborate on this please.

BTW, Coach Hal also had to tell the Vidor fans to calm down and quit screaming.

Complaining and class. that is what it is about right. yall did just as much yelling as our fans and some of your fans have no class by yelling from the left field derogatory remarks. We had a right to complain, the umpires were terrible and even admitted that to us.  Just remember what comes around goes  around. By the way LaPray should be on Broadway with all of his acting. :-[

Guest vpfootball

Coach LaPray would do well on Broadway as we all know with his acting just like our boys will do well in State with their playing...Nobody on TC Coaching staff has as much class as Lapray does. So don't be jealous that he's a good actor with class..

Vidor did what TC did not do.  They hit and fielded the ball.  I hope to see Vidor on Friday.

I thought this website was a place to share information among other people interested in the same sport.

This website has turned into a place where people can hide behind a fake name and talk trash.

If you have a problem with someone, address it with that person, instead of throwing words around like kids (Prime example is the person talking about the #11 coach.  Go and talk with him instead of running to the shadows).  Talk about lack of class. 

I hate to jump in the fray, but I know that you all know that I am checking this board everyday. 

I am glad that we won tonight, but the tournament is long from over.  Whoever we play on Friday (TC or Groves), we better bring our A-game if we want to win again. 

As far as my acting goes, I can't complain about the comments.  However, I could never make it on Broadway--I couldn't hold a tune in a bucket.  ;)

As far as yelling at the umpires and the kids, we could all do better.  However, it is always easier to be good sports when you are winning.  I know that everyone on the TC sidelines wants to win as bad as everyone on the Vidor sidelines.  It is easy to get carried away when you really want to win.

A nice story is that after the game, both 1st basemen (as well as some other boys) happened to be a Mazzio's Pizza.  They knew each other from Lamar Baseball camp.  They played together for almost an hour.  There were no hard feelings or trash talking among the boys--just a lot of working together to try to win as many prizes as possible in the arcade.  All of the parents were also very nice and respectful to each other.  Even though we know that there is a good chance that we will play again on Friday night, we were not opponents tonight after the game.  We were just people who live and work in the Golden Triangle together. 

So let's be quick to forgive each other for our competitive spirits.  And let's all continue to try to be great example for these boys. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder