Who did we leave off that needs some recognition ?

2008 SETXsports Pre-Season Baseball Team

Co-MVP

Ross Hales (Barbers Hill)

Taylor Hart (Jasper)

1st Team

Pitchers

Anthony Fazio (Kelly)

Eric Harrington (PNG)

Catchers

Todd Wallace (Westbrook)

Landon Steinhagan (Kelly)

Infielders

Chad Richard (LCM)

Randall Courville (Hamshire-Fannett)

Dylan Lundy (Hardin-Jefferson)

VJ Bunner (Vidor)

Thad Lycan (WB)

Joe Robertson (Bridge City)

Outfielders:

Jace Statum (OF)

Randy Musgrove (Kirbyville)

Matt Johnson (LCM)

Chris Ragett (Ozen)

Taylor Robichau (Vidor)

Jeremy Pinder (Hamshire-Fannett)

DH:

Casey Jackson (BC)

Malcomb Bronson (Jasper)

Utility:

Matt Hicks (BC)

Josh Gardiner (Ozen)

2nd Team

Pitchers:

Kendall Thamn (Barbers Hill)

Justin Parsons (Jasper)

Nathan Svoboda (West Brook)

Trae Hester (Vidor)

DD Lott (Ozen)

Ryan Sampere (Nederland)

Catchers

Jon Carnahan (PNG)

Jacob Felts (Orangefield)

Infielders:

Hunter Silva (Barbers Hill)

Taylor Eaves (Hamshire-Fannett)

John Gunn (LCM)

Aaron McFarland (Nederland)

Brandon Wolcott (Silsbee)

Jordan Nolan (Hardin)

Outfielders:

Will Fontnow (Vidor)

Kevin Roebuck (Hardin-Jefferson)

Tim Barry (LCM)

Kenny Allison (Central)

Kelvin Thomas (Central)

Utility

Kevin McDonald (Silsbee)

DH

Jerin Spikes (PNG)

Honorable Mention:

Kane Benoit (PNG), Stefen Cloren (LCM), Adam Broussard (Nederland), Aaron Bender (WB), Regan Stanley (Nederland), Frank Smesny (Dayton),

Blake Moss (Silsbee), Jacob Ricossa (HJ), Taylor Monse (HJ), Possum LaFleur (OF), Travis Moore (HF), Conner McDonald (Kelly), Jason Clark (BC)

Brandon Hillin (Buna), Josh Clark (Buna) 

Some I've seen with numbers would be Muellar (WB), Pitts (Ned), Daigle (HF), Koenig (HF), Bellows (Ned), 

Pitts and Bellow have pretty much been the only consistent bats in Nederland's offense all season and have played as good on defense as anyone at their respective positions.  Chad Sims(Vid) deserves mentioning.  

If I were building a team right now based on the teams I have seen:

P:  Harrington(PNG); Robicheau(Vid); Dallas Brown(LCM); DD Lott(Ozen)

Inf:  Bellow(Ned);Jerin Spikes(PNG); Bunner(Vid); Pitts(Ned); Gunn(LCM):(Pitts or Bunner would have to move to third)

C:  Jon Carnahan(PNG);Stefan Leger(LCM)

OF: Will Fontnow(Vid); Kelvin Thomas(Central); Matt Johnson(LCM); Trae Hester(Vid)

Utility:  Josh Gardiner(Ozen); Matt Hicks(BC);Mitch Todd(PNG)

Remember these are just guys I have actually seen play.  It would be a dream to have them all on one team.

Someone who has given Jasper depth both this year and last is John Bradley.  Last year as a utility player, he started left field if Justin Parsons was pitching.  He started 2nd base if Ryan Ellis was pitching.  When neither was pitching, he played right field.  IMO this is a true utility player.  He also knocked in the go ahead run in the 3rd playoff game against BC that sent them to Round Rock.  Also, fielded the last defensive out in left field of that game, relaying the ball to short to make the throw to third for the last out that would have been the tying run.

This year he started at 2nd base and is now playing shortstop.  Also the back-up catcher and stepped in to catch when regular catcher was injured in BC.  During preseason, OBA was .489 and AVG was 353, with 14 RBI's.  In District his OBA is .450 and AVG is .324, with 9 RBI's.

There are many who could be called on to play any position on the field, but not many are asked to do so.  I think every coach likes to have someone like that.  He is also a Mirabeau Scholar Finalist at Lamar and will be attending there on an academic scholarship in the fall.

Josh Gardiner the best ss in the district

I don't know about the best SS, but he is a good utility guy that can play anywhere you need him.  He's a big part of Ozen's success.

Guest EDOWD

Alex Hinton at Kelly is hitting over 400 and 3 or 4 HR.

Conner McDonald and Doug Prewitt make a fine middle infield and seem to alwyas be one base.

I am with ballin4life, Gardiner from Ozen is probably the best short stop in this district or I would say that he is the best along with Bunner from vidor, but by far, they are the two best that I have seen play in this district. Pitts is the only other short stop in this district that I can think of that comes close to these two guys.  Pitts will probably be the best Short stop in this district next year.  Very solid players, but I can also see Gardiner being one of the best utility players as well, because he can play anywhere on the field.   But it is crazy to not see his name under the infielders list because he is sooo awesome at the short stop position and where you see him play the most.

Chad Sims from Vidor.  He had 9 RBI's. Hitting 3 homeruns while 3 times at bat!!!!!

He is getting stronger each game.  He does play other sports but he is just an

awesome athlete at each sport he plays!!! ;D

I am with ballin4life, Gardiner from Ozen is probably the best short stop in this district or I would say that he is the best along with Bunner from vidor, but by far, they are the two best that I have seen play in this district. Pitts is the only other short stop in this district that I can think of that comes close to these two guys.  Pitts will probably be the best Short stop in this district next year.  Very solid players, but I can also see Gardiner being one of the best utility players as well, because he can play anywhere on the field.   But it is crazy to not see his name under the infielders list because he is sooo awesome at the short stop position and where you see him play the most.

I was not knocking Josh.  I agree with the three you say are the best.  I just honestly don't know which is best based on what I've seen this year not past years. Gardiner is used as a utility player, where the other two aren't, is why I would put him down as utility.  He would pitch if I had a team.  You could make a case for all three being the best.  Strong bats with strong gloves. I do know I would be willing to take all three and put any one of them at ss, 3b, and 2b with the confidence that my infield defense would be as  solid as any.

Left fielder for Kirbyville - #7 Adams.  has been Kirbyvilles most consistant outfielder this season.  Only has 2 miss played balls on the season.  Also has done some pitching for them.  Very good arm, has thrown out 5 or 6 guys this year, 2 at home, 2 at third and a couple at second.  Very solid in left. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder