Worst Way to Lose?

Guest BCNatureBoy

Guest BCNatureBoy

In Your opinion what is the worst way to lose a game?

I my opinion it is by a squeeze. Several things have to go right in this situation. First the opposing coach has to have the guts to put the game on the line and have trust that the kid will get the bunt down. Next the kid has to have no doubt that he can do it. And finally he has to get it down. If everything goes right it is very demoralizing to the defense that just lost due to the squeeze. This came to mind after Silsbee recently won their game over HJ on a squeeze.

IMO, the worst way to lose happened to us. We were down 5 to 3 with runners on 2nd and 3rd with 2 outs in the bottom of the 7th, line drive to left center and one run scores but the next run gets gunned down on a perfect throw at home. VERY FRUSTRATING!!!

But you went down trying.  That is the very important.

IMO, the worst way to lose happened to us. We were down 5 to 3 with runners on 2nd and 3rd with 2 outs in the bottom of the 7th, line drive to left center and one run scores but the next run gets gunned down on a perfect throw at home. VERY FRUSTRATING!!!

"Trying"?  Trying only means that you failed.  No one tells you "good try" or "good effort" when you succeed, they tell you "good job."  People who reward trying aren't giving their players much credit.  Trying should be a guarantee every time you step onto the field.  8)

I think the worst way to loose is when is the bottom of the 7th and the bases are loaded with two outs and the game is tied...then your pitcher balks to lose the game!now tell me that aint the  worst way to lose a ball game.

doesn't matter, it could be by squeeze, homerun, 10 runs or 1...losing is losing and it sucks any way it comes about!

"Trying"?  Trying only means that you failed.  No one tells you "good try" or "good effort" when you succeed, they tell you "good job."  People who reward trying aren't giving their players much credit.  Trying should be a guarantee every time you step onto the field.   8)

I agree, some things in baseball are expected... annd trying is one of them :P

"Trying"?  Trying only means that you failed.  No one tells you "good try" or "good effort" when you succeed, they tell you "good job."  People who reward trying aren't giving their players much credit.  Trying should be a guarantee every time you step onto the field.   8)

I agree, some things in baseball are expected... annd trying is one of them :P

Of course, "trying" is expected.  But, do you truly, really truly, mean to label someone a failure because someone on another team gunned the runner down on a perfect throw?  You mean to say that every time two teams play, one team has to be a "failure"?  Pick any word or words you want, but it sounded to me that they were playing aggressive baseball, and I admire and respect that.  Period.

I my opinion it is by a squeeze. Several things have to go right in this situation. First the opposing coach has to have the guts to put the game on the line and have trust that the kid will get the bunt down. Next the kid has to have no doubt that he can do it. And finally he has to get it down. If everything goes right it is very demoralizing to the defense that just lost due to the squeeze. This came to mind after Silsbee recently won their game over HJ on a squeeze.

SILSBEE DID NOT WIN ON A SQUEEZE!!!!!!!    the kid bunted, the third baseman got it and thought he looked the runner back but as he threw it to first, the runner on third ran home and scored.

Guest Orangeboy

SILSBEE DID NOT WIN ON A SQUEEZE!!!!!!!    the kid bunted, the third baseman got it and thought he looked the runner back but as he threw it to first, the runner on third ran home and scored.

Sounds kinda like a saftety squeeze there Goose. ???

The worst way to lose is having the tying run in scoring position and the batter strikes out looking.  You can't let this happen as a hitter.  If the tying run is out there, find a way to put the ball in play.  Striking out looking, espically in this situation, is like giving up.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder