Spurger vs. #3 Cayuga

KFDM COOP

This is a most interesting question, Coop.

I have seen Cayuga from the Little Dribbler Nationals the past two years. Cayuga is a basketball machine that starts in that community at an early age. Infact, Cayuga beat the Spurger Little Dribblers in the championship game last year at Levelland!

I see a bit of a 'revenge factor' here on the part of some of the Spurger boys. This is going to be a very good game and a defining one as well.

I think that Spurger will step it up and win in a close one by 6. I do not see a blow out by either team and a possible OT game.

If #44 bows up like he did last night when his bro #12 was nose-nose with the West Sabine player, we will be fine!

Good luck Pirates and play YOUR ball!

From what I have heard about Cayuga, this will be a closer game than the past few.  However,  I do not think it is over for the Pirates. They are a great team, and I believe are ready to fight with all they've got.This may be a tougher fight, but that's what play-offs are about! I believe Spurger has great all-around game and a lot of heart. ;D ;D Go Pirates!!!

As for Nationals in LD, I was there.  Cayuga was a very good team. I can honestly say though, without being partial to my team that Sp looked as if they played tight as if they were afraid they were going to mess up instead of playing their kind of ball. It was such an important game, I think nerves got them. They gave it their all don't get me wrong. But truly believe if they had played like they did in any of earlier games in the tourny would have won.  It was still a close game and looked as if we met them 10 times, 5 would go Spurger and 5 would go Cayuga. Of course these are not all of the same players, I'm just saying I don't think the 2 ball clubs are that far off.  Will be a good game no doubt!  I still believe we will go on----Let's see who wants it the most!

Pirates by------6

SPURGER WILL HAVE TO RUN,AND RUN TO WIN THIS GAME.CAYUGA WILL RUN,BUT CANT RUN THE WHOLE GAME.SPURGER BY 2 LET GO DIST.24A ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

spurger doesnt need to run and run they need to make cayuga set up and run offense every time down the court no easy layups and they need to make them shoot outside and have a hand in thier face. they just need to slow it down and work the ball around like WH did last year and they should be fine

I'll be yelling for the Pirates but what in the world could a little dribblers game have to do with the outcome of a regional semi final game? Lets go Pirates , turn it loose.

I know that was their JH teams at LD and does not determine the outcome at Regionals. Just responding to someone's comment that they had beat us at nationals last year. Was just commenting on what I had seen of their basketball program compared to ours, because I have not seen them this year. Also, quite a few players that were on those LD teams are playing in this playoff game. Sorry if you didn't think it was interesting-Glad you are pulling for us though.

COURT SIDE WHERE ARE YOU ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Catman--Courtside had a dear friend in a car wreck.  Think he has been at the hosp with him.

I think that our boys and our coach has the right frame of mind going into this one.The hype don't seem to be a distraction yet,key word YET.If the boys keep their heads play like they have been the last 3 games they will win by 5 or 6 points.If they let the butterflies take over they will have a long night. ;D ;D ;D

Spurger 62

Cayuga 57

The guys and girls from Spurger keep Mr. W-- In your Prayers

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Well, not many people on the board have probably seen Cayuga so i guess its hard to make a prediction on a game.  Although only 2 people have picked Cayuga on this thread, which is not enough.  I've seen both teams play, Cayuga is VERY athletic, especially for a 1A team.  Their best player, Summerville is a stud, but they are fairly deep too.  I've seen Cayuga beat Slocum at Slocum, which was almost like a playoff game with a playoff atmosphere (a Cayuga fan wanted to fight me).  I saw Cayuga beat a very good Martins Mill team in the Martins Mill tournament championship game.  Cayuga is very good folks, i think if they were in this area they might could make the playoffs in 2A or 3A.  They werent ranked #1 in the state for a while for no reason.  I think Spurger is good enough to beat Cayuga though, no doubt.  Although if Spurger beats Cayuga i'll be surprised, if they keep it within 10 pts i'd be a little surprised.  I think somewhere in the 10-20 pt range is pretty fair.  I know i'll get ripped for this post i imagine but dont forget i think i predicted the Slocum-BS game the best, everyone was picking BS by 10+ and i called it a tossup, and it was.  I'd like to hear what fivetool, i mean yugahoops, has to say on this thread....

Don't take all the credit there Nikes.I predicted a close game with BS and Slocum after watching them in the Zavalla tournament.I know absolutely nothing about Cayuga so I can't predict this one.Not any bad teams left at this point so it should be close.Cayuga definitely has tradition on there side.

Guys, guys, guys.....

#1 - I haven't seen Spurger play.... I don't know anything about them but that they are going to try and force Cayuga into a half-court game....

#2 - I have seen Cayuga play 3 times.... and unless Spurger can run with Cayuga, they are in trouble....  You're right, whoever it was that said they would try and force Yuga into a half-court game, but by the time Spurger gets their 5 down the floor, Cayuga will have have already gotten down the floor!  Yuga will run ALMOST any team to death....  And honestly, and I think the people in Yantis will argue this point.... You don't want Cayuga in a half-court game either.... Duncan and Summerville and Kennedy will kill you behind the arc if they are on....

Plain and simple, if Cayuga shoots the ball well at all, they win... To beat Yuga you have to shoot the ball well and hope they don't.... They are amazingly athletic.....

Yuga wins.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder