*OF vs. Navasota/Navasota Wins..*

KFDM COOP

Guest bleed orange

While I hate to see games end like this, I have to say that the game didn't end with the ref's call.  Yes, I know how much impact a ref has on a game, but in overtime, the Cats should have pulled it off during overtime.  I'm actually really shocked by this outcome because the Cats were on fire.  Congrats ladies on a great run/season and to all going on to the next level...good luck and to all who aren't...I wish you the best too!

Please don't comment on something you know nothing about. I appreciate the nice comments you made about our team. One call did make the difference and it was not in the field of play.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do hope they at least review the end of the game and overtime.  Not only was it unethical to put time back on the clock and give the T(because he didn't agree with the other refs call, which he actually said to our coach, and was overheard by several)claiming some of players got on the court when members from their team and fan section were also on the court; but any attempt by the Bobcats in overtime to drive the lane and shoot was met with a foul which he stood 5 feet away and watched never blowing the whistle.  I was there and yes we got beat in overtime(with his help), but there should not have been any overtime played.  There was no time on the clock when KK shot the 3 and was fouled. She made her foul shots and we won!  He had time put back on the clock and made a bogus T call.  He took it away from those girls and should never be allowed to ref again!  I heard that he was from the chapter around Navasota.

Guest bleed orange

stop blaming the refs for everything.... 1 call can't determine the game....

Is your name Forrest Gump? Are stupid or something? Yes one call made the difference in the game. For 31 minutes and 59 seconds no calls made the difference. To call a tech on our bench. Those were 14 and 15 year old girls who were excited. This guy was looking for a reason. Why was he looking at our bench to begin with? Should't he be getting the ball ready for play? There was still one second on the clock. Please don't comment on a game you did not attend. I am pulling for HJ all the way now. I hope they get the chance to meet Navasota in the finals. HJ will win just like we should have tonight.

This is a very sad, but real situation. HJ Hawk is correct. An investigation into his call will not change the outcome of this game, but it may prevent him from doing so in the future. Maybe, but our coaches need to know his name so he will never be a choice in the future. No, KK and the Bobcats did not deserve this setup, but they are winners no matter what. And if Navasota came that close to the wire, with Regional refs, they won't get those breaks in Huntsville Competition from here on out is tough, they will have to earn EVERYTHING.

Were you at the game buddy...if not you have no clue as to what your talking about. I know people get on here all the time and blame officials for this or that, but this call tonight was a call that determined the outcome of this game. If the mystery T is not called, Orangefield wins the game by one!!!

ok so your saying that OF never missed a free throw? never missed a wide open layup or shot? from what i hear (apoligize if im wrong) OF had 19 turnovers at some point in the game........ 1 call can't not determine the game sorry

While I hate to see games end like this, I have to say that the game didn't end with the ref's call.  Yes, I know how much impact a ref has on a game, but in overtime, the Cats should have pulled it off during overtime.  I'm actually really shocked by this outcome because the Cats were on fire.  Congrats ladies on a great run/season and to all going on to the next level...good luck and to all who aren't...I wish you the best too!

Please don't comment on something you know nothing about. I appreciate the nice comments you made about our team. One call did make the difference and it was not in the field of play.

Were you at the game buddy...if not you have no clue as to what your talking about. I know people get on here all the time and blame officials for this or that, but this call tonight was a call that determined the outcome of this game. If the mystery T is not called, Orangefield wins the game by one!!!

ok so your saying that OF never missed a free throw? never missed a wide open layup or shot? from what i hear (apoligize if im wrong) OF had 19 turnovers at some point in the game........ 1 call can't not determine the game sorry

I will comment on what I know to be....while it is hard to admit, I have learned this lesson through time.  Regardless of the final actions in a game (whether it be football, basketball, track)...the whole thing boils down to exactly what the hj commenter said and as hard as it is, what he is saying is true.  It was a wild and exciting comeback, but had there not been a comeback to have to make...perhaps the outcome would have been better.  I don't have to be anywhere to comment.  These girls should be proud of how they played and the ref should be reprimanded (if the UIL deems that he acted harshly and unfairly). 

I will comment on what I know to be....while it is hard to admit, I have learned this lesson through time.  Regardless of the final actions in a game (whether it be football, basketball, track)...the whole thing boils down to exactly what the hj commenter said and as hard as it is, what he is saying is true.  It was a wild and exciting comeback, but had there not been a comeback to have to make...perhaps the outcome would have been better.  I don't have to be anywhere to comment.  These girls should be proud of how they played and the ref should be reprimanded (if the UIL deems that he acted harshly and unfairly). 

I think the problem most people have with the call is this: The referee made a CONSCIOUS DECISION to affect the outcome of a game. He DECIDED IN ADVANCE that he was going to make a call against Orangefield, whether or not it was valid. He as much as admitted it to Coach Jost. So, in that respect, his call did lose the game for Orangefield.

My first reaction......how in the world do you make that call???  I am sick at my stomach for the Orangefield kids and fans.  I can not imagine how you must feel today.  I am very proud of the girls from Orangefield today.  They proved, what we have known all along, that they are fighters.  We love the rivalry that we have with them at HJ and believe me, the Lady Hawks and staff are disappointed  FOR them.  Can anyone tell us who the officials were?  Sometimes each coach chooses one from their chapter.  I am curious to know if this official was from the Navasota chapter.

This sounds like possibly one of the greatest comebacks in Texas girls HS basketball history.  To be down 17 with very little time left in the fourth and come back and take the lead is remarkable.  It's a shame that this game was marred at the end by what appears to be poor and possibly even vindictive officiating.  If what happened can be proved by video and eyewitness accounts, this ref will get what's coming to him.  Unfortunately, that's very little solace to a team that played their hearts out and got cheated at the end of the game.  

Guest bleed orange

Yes, we missed some free throws and yes we missed some layups but who doesn't? This call by a official changed the game. He does not make that call we win plain and simple. If the shoe was on the other foot you would say the samething. They are kids, they are going to make mistakes. This was an adult who was on a power trip. All our kids were doing was jumping up and down because they were excited. I am sorry you don't call a tech in a game like that with one second left.

I dont care what anyone says, if a officail decides in advanced to make a call no matter what it is very wrong, and can change the outcome of the game. These are kids, they get down on thierself, you have the largest momentum swings in highschool becuase of emotions, that one call would have drained all emotion out of almost every highschool team I know.

I am sure there are many things that could have affected the outcome of the game.  But you just can't call a bench tech with one second left.  That's just wrong.    Especially when the clock showed no time left(at least for a while).    Warn the kids to get back on the bench and let the crowd settle.  Pitiful, pitiful(and I don't care who won) :(

I have seen teams before who stand up until they make their first point, and thats never been a "T". 

Orangefield robbed yet again. 

And to the people who are saying that he didn't lose us that game, when HJ beat us in HJ we lost fair and square you didn't see us on here saying it was the refs. THIS would be a game where a ref lost us the game. I guess if we would have made every single shot I'm sure we would have won, heck we would never lose!   ::)

I have seen teams before who stand up until they make their first point, and thats never been a "T". 

Orangefield robbed yet again. 

And to the people who are saying that he didn't lose us that game, when HJ beat us in HJ we lost fair and square you didn't see us on here saying it was the refs. THIS would be a game where a ref lost us the game. I guess if we would have made every single shot I'm sure we would have won, heck we would never lose!   ::)

You are absolutely right, Bobcat. I too agree, I am just sick for these girls.

And, when you all played us at HJ, you were a class act. There was not one word mentioned about the refs - at the game, nor in a forum. There are all kind of situations that can happen in a game, referees are human and it is impossible to call a perfect game, but when one man makes a call that is totally not in any reg book,  then speaks out saying he felt he needed to makeup for a previously bad call by the other ref, well he has opened himself up to a reprimand at the least. At this level or competition, you have to keep your personal opinions and views out of the mix. This guy did not. I just hope and pray he stays away from Huntsville.

...also, Bobcat, HJ fans players and parents do not agree with someone on our side saying it was a fair call. We support you totally and this is scarey to think that it can happen to us.

I will say this, I totally understand what people mean when they say officials don't determine the outcome of a game.  I have coached at all different levels in several different sports for 24 years.  That being said this has to be the worst call by an official I have ever seen.  I have heard people allude to last year and the regional tournament.  My daughter was on that team, and I felt then as I do now.  Coaches and players decisions made the difference in that game, not the refs. This is an entirely different situation.  This guy made a conscious decision to screw OF.  He shouldn't be allowed to step on another floor as a ref.  I am disgusted with him and anyone who would cheat kids to further their own selfish interests.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami