• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DickVitale

Head Coach From Hardin Jefferson

Head Coach From Orangefield

Assistant Coach From Silsbee

Hardin Jeff's Coach is always deserving, he does a great job every year! But I will take Orangefield's Coach as doing the best overall job this season.

Is that meant to be a slap in the face to Travis? Why in the heck would an assistant coach be nominated for coach of the year...

Who is Travis?  Look, I don't even know any of these coaches names, except for H-J's only because I remember him from Kountz.

Look I saw my first game the other night.  I saw a Silsbee coach coaching his butt off the whole game.  I made a comment about it to my friend.  And then Silsbee fan told me, "You know he's the assistant coach."

Sorry to offend.  I will edit my post.

Who is Travis?  Look, I don't even know any of these coaches names, except for H-J's only because I remember him from Kountz.

Look I saw my first game the other night.  I saw a Silsbee coach coaching his butt off the whole game.  I made a comment about it to my friend.  And then Silsbee fan told me, "You know he's the assistant coach."

It's not about offending anyone, it's just ridiculous that you would even consider an award after witnessing one game.. Now to the part thats offending, how in the H@#L could you nominate an assistant over the head coach, thats the part that makes you post seam negative, as if the head man isnt capable of doing his job...

It's not about offending anyone, it's just ridiculous that you would even consider an award after witnessing one game.. Now to the part thats offending, how in the H@#L could you nominate an assistant over the head coach, thats the part that makes you post seam negative, as if the head man isnt capable of doing his job...

well in the games i watched of silsbee...the "head coach" just sat on the bench and didnt look like he was doing much of anything?

Obviously the HC at Silsbee does a great job.  That goes without saying.  I just didn't know that he allowed his assistant to call the shots on game night.  I enjoyed watching the assistant coach his butt off the other night.  Props to the head coach for allowing it.   Part of being a good HC is deligating responsibility.

Anyway, I hope Silsbee goes far in the playoffs!

Good luck to Orangefield and HJ also!

Guest DickVitale

well in the games i watched of silsbee...the "head coach" just sat on the bench and didnt look like he was doing much of anything?

Dude....why the parenthesis? TRAVIS WILLIAMS is Silsbee's head boys basketball coach...HE is calling the shots....nuff said... ::)

Guest DickVitale

Coach Sutherland for not only coach of the year in 21-3a..but the entire state of texas!

I nominate Todd Sutherland USA Today coach of the millenium... ::) ::) ::)...

Guest nostradamus

GUYS, GUYS, GUYS!!

STOP IT NOW!!

Believe me there is a reason Coach Brooks was up doing the coaching and not Coach Williams.  I will not post it on a message board BUT if you don't know then don't assume.  I can ASSURE you that there is a legitimate reason that has been happening the way it did.

Travis is a good friend of mine and it is not fair to make an assessment unless you know what is going on.  Travis is the head coach.

Both HJ and Silsbee have tremendous coaches, but I'm going to go with OF's head coach for coach of the year.  Not only did he lead them shockingly into playoff contention, when it mattered most he found a way to beat Jasper twice in order to get into the playoffs. 

Both HJ and Silsbee have tremendous coaches, but I'm going to go with OF's head coach for coach of the year.  Not only did he lead them shockingly into playoff contention, when it mattered most he found a way to beat Jasper twice in order to get into the playoffs. 

I'm from Orangefield and I think Sutherland should get it. 

He beat Jasper twice, Orangefield twice, and Silsbee twice. 

GUYS, GUYS, GUYS!!

STOP IT NOW!!

Believe me there is a reason Coach Brooks was up doing the coaching and not Coach Williams.  I will not post it on a message board BUT if you don't know then don't assume.  I can ASSURE you that there is a legitimate reason that has been happening the way it did.

Travis is a good friend of mine and it is not fair to make an assessment unless you know what is going on.  Travis is the head coach.

This is true. There is a very good reason why Coach Brooks ( assistant ) has been doing alot of the " coaching " during games of late and not Travis. I too will not post the reason here on this messageboard, but rest assure, Travis Williams is the head coach.

GUYS, GUYS, GUYS!!

STOP IT NOW!!

This is true. There is a very good reason why Coach Brooks ( assistant ) has been doing alot of the " coaching " during games of late and not Travis. I too will not post the reason here on this messageboard, but rest assure, Travis Williams is the head coach.

Wow, I just made a small observation during my first basketball game of the year and it has seemed to open a small can of worms.  I've now read "legitimate reason" and "a very good reason" why the assistant was taking control.  If it's a legitimate or very good reason and you don't want to share it, I wonder what it is?  Hopefully it's not a health issue.  My high school BB coach had to retire from coaching because of a health issue because of the stress. 

Anyway, go Tigers and Coach Williams and staff.

bobcat 05 do you even go to the guys games, one reason for the nomination for OF coach is that no one picked OF to do anything and they are in the playoffs.  I agree that HJ and Silsbee coach have done a great job but they also probably have more talent as well.  The OF coach had to do more with less. HJ won the games that they should have and OF won games and played games close that no one picked them to even compete.

GUYS, GUYS, GUYS!!

STOP IT NOW!!

iagree.gif

I spoke with him today and he is looking forward to tonight.

I am sure that BobcatO5 has his reasons for not thinking the OF coach should be coach of the year.  That is his choice.  Not everyone will agree with the things that coach's do and don't do.  I have seen Bobcat05 question some things that the Bobcats don't do before.  The OF coach must be doing something right, he made the playoffs and won his playoff game. 

bobcat 05 do you even go to the guys games, one reason for the nomination for OF coach is that no one picked OF to do anything and they are in the playoffs.  I agree that HJ and Silsbee coach have done a great job but they also probably have more talent as well.  The OF coach had to do more with less. HJ won the games that they should have and OF won games and played games close that no one picked them to even compete.

ok if you go back and look at the predictions before the seasons started you will find that alot of people (not just from OF) were predicting the district to turn out exactly the way it did....People new OF was good and expected them to win..... don't start being a smart *** to someone who who just made an opinion about something.....im suprised to even see you on here...your always complaining about the hecklers and when we make you a topic just for you, you go off and hide under a rock.... keep your complaints to yourself and let people make there decision for themself

Guest bleed orange

This is a no brainier. The coach from Orangefield should get it. Here is my reasoning. You guys will always pull for the coach from your school. Let me ask you this? Who did the most with the less talent? Every school that Sutherland has coached at has had talent. It's has been easy for him. Silsbee also has talent every year. Does Orangefield? We have made the playoffs twice in 50 years. There is more in the future. Times are changing.

hjsc, first learn to spell since you NEW  so much.  Please show me where OF was picked third.  In most cases we were picked 5th at best.  I am not sure what your deal is but guess what, I really don't care.  Are you that bitter that I did not want a cheerleader page on a basketball one that no matter what is said you are going to cry about it?  Go do some two bits and it will make it all better.

Guest DickVitale

Who did the most with the less talent? Every school that Sutherland has coached at has had talent. It's has been easy for him.

This might be the most ignorant statement of all time.  Yeah, it is real EASY to get to Austin SIX times and win it all twice.

Ahhhhhhh, now you guys get a taste of how Boutte is treated in good ol' boy SE Texas!!! No fun, huh HJ fans? Boutte has been there 9 times and won 3, and has been to 7 championship games....No it is NOT easy.. ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder