HJ/ BC/HJ WINS 70-31/COMMENTS

Lazeek

I think discussing the game is great, HJ does have the 2nd best team in the district without Burrell.  I am not sure that they are the best as Silsbee has been on a tear.  Maybe the solution is to put the heckler talk stuff in a seperate category for pep squads or whatever.  This is supposed to be about basketball not who can chant "take his whistle the best".  Last time I looked the hecklers have not scored a point for HJ this year.  I have not seen Burrell or the other team members come on hear and talk crap after every win or loss.  99% of the posts on here are about basketball and great discussions, you have very basketball smart fans and it is good to hear their opinions but it really takes away from it when a when a bunch of high school students just want to talk about the cheer squad and their impact.  The impact comes form having a group of guys that play well together, are well coached and show class on the court.  So maybe if you would learn to just read the posts and not think that everything is about heckling you would have more support than in just Sour Lake.  I would love for someone to win it all from this area but because you antogonize EVERYONE it instead makes everyone turn against your team.  Having gotten beaten by both teams this year I can say that I would support Silsbee in a heartbeat no matter what but i would support anyone else playing against HJ because you don't know how to act like you have been there before.

Well said

It's amazing the power these kids have over some adults!!!!

Oldtimer--You say they should be on a prep squad thread and then you write about them. Refer to line above!!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on the win HJ....................you have a very good team and from one who loves to watch a good team play basketball, you are fun to watch.  I also like the way your coach coaches the players the whole game, he knows his stuff.  And I guess BC was doing passing drills the whole game is all I can come up with.......................they looked totally ridiculous and I am from BC.  GEEZ, that was a total embarassment and why that happened is beyond my comprehension, but was a total waste of the couple of bucks I paid to watch. 

Congrats on the win HJ....................you have a very good team and from one who loves to watch a good team play basketball, you are fun to watch.  I also like the way your coach coaches the players the whole game, he knows his stuff.  And I guess BC was doing passing drills the whole game is all I can come up with.......................they looked totally ridiculous and I am from BC.  GEEZ, that was a total embarassment and why that happened is beyond my comprehension, but was a total waste of the couple of bucks I paid to watch. 

You could tell the kids were frustrated.

I think discussing the game is great, HJ does have the 2nd best team in the district without Burrell.  I am not sure that they are the best as Silsbee has been on a tear.  Maybe the solution is to put the heckler talk stuff in a seperate category for pep squads or whatever.  This is supposed to be about basketball not who can chant "take his whistle the best".  Last time I looked the hecklers have not scored a point for HJ this year.  I have not seen Burrell or the other team members come on hear and talk crap after every win or loss.  99% of the posts on here are about basketball and great discussions, you have very basketball smart fans and it is good to hear their opinions but it really takes away from it when a when a bunch of high school students just want to talk about the cheer squad and their impact.  The impact comes form having a group of guys that play well together, are well coached and show class on the court.  So maybe if you would learn to just read the posts and not think that everything is about heckling you would have more support than in just Sour Lake.  I would love for someone to win it all from this area but because you antogonize EVERYONE it instead makes everyone turn against your team.  Having gotten beaten by both teams this year I can say that I would support Silsbee in a heartbeat no matter what but i would support anyone else playing against HJ because you don't know how to act like you have been there before.

that's a pretty weak statement.  that the game IN SILSBEE was so close, and their identical district records would indicate they're still pretty even, even without Burrell.  Burrell's impending return also makes this a soon-to-be moot point.

Through this statement you're clearly trying to imply that the hecklers are irrelevant, and that they are not a factor in HJ's success.  One only has to look at the whining and moaning about them that goes on in the basketball forum to realize just how big of an effect they have on the outcomes of games.  If it bothers you fans so much, imagine how much they must get into the heads of the hawks' opponents. 

Usually there are very few who come on here and talk crap, at least to start.  Most of the time there is negative talk about the hecklers in whichever game thread, and the hecklers come on here and defend themselves.  Of course, they don't always show a lot of tact, but what do you expect when you have grown men criticizing high school kids?

I don't think any Hawk fan, player, or coach is going to lose sleep about not having your support.  Many fans in the area outside of Sour Lake supported the Hawks last year during their run to state, and i doubt that this year will be any different.   

Once again, surprisingly, I don't think anyone in the hecklers cares too much about who you root for.  You're entitled to hold your petty grudge, although i think it's funny how someone who's name implies age and wisdom is one of the few people I hear griping about this situation, rather than a player or student.  The posts you've made over the season about the hecklers would be more fitting coming from either.  I notice that BCcardbacker and cardinalcc don't seem to have the same issues you do.

You are missing the point.  Show me any other thread where the majority of the posts are about a cheer squad.  I agree that the hecklers have a place, just not when people are trying to talk about the game, not what is going on in the stands.  I could care less if a cheer leader is upset because of heckling, it has nothing to do with the game.  If you think the hecklers bother the actual kids on the floor I think you are wrong, does it bother the people in the stands, always.  It gets the other side fired up but has nothing to do with the actual game.  I would much rather  talk about why BC or OF slowed down the pace or that Silsbee is peaking at the right time.  I think HJ has solid team but you cant talk about the actual game after the fact due to all of the heckler trash talk and how they went on the road  bought a ticket and yelled for their team.  On the way they also made everyone else mad and no one could be as loud.  congratulations you are the best hecklers of all time now please let us talk about what really matters... the game.

If I was one of those BC students I wouldve ended up goin and slaping those "hecklers" till they cried... theyre not the big bad kids ive always heard they looked like 12 year olds except for one short dude with a full goatee  :D

Oldtimer, here's the reason this turned into a hawk heckler thread.  i would've deleted it had i seen it sooner, but it would be pointless now.  The thing is, these types of comments seem to pop up in every game thread about HJ.  Of course you're then going to have a bunch of defensive responses from the hecklers.  I'd suggest this to you.  if you're tired of this sort of thing, start your own "hawk heckler" thread.  give the folks a place to vent their frustration or heap their praise.  I'll make you this promise... if you'll do that, i'll delete any future post about the hecklers in a game thread unless it's harmless (i.e. the hecklers were out in full force and the hawks played great!)

thanks so much and I will do that, at least then I know if I come on a thread about the game it is about the game.  With the playoffs getting ready to start this is the best time of the year.  To the HJ faithful, Lazeek, etc lets talk some basketball.  Here is the first question.. Do you think that Burrell being out has made your team stronger for a run in the playoffs?

thanks so much and I will do that, at least then I know if I come on a thread about the game it is about the game.  With the playoffs getting ready to start this is the best time of the year.  To the HJ faithful, Lazeek, etc lets talk some basketball.  Here is the first question.. Do you think that Burrell being out has made your team stronger for a run in the playoffs?

thank you bullets for making mr. oldtimer understand that. ill be honest- i usually just rampage on people because they get me so worked up and i dont get my message across very well. so thank you for working with him.

And i can talk basketball too. So yes, i do think our team has become stronger without burrel. He is a HUGE impact- rebounding, a leading scorer: threat behind the arc, and a force down low- and with him gone, we have still found ways to get the job done (w/ exception of silsbee). having him back will be icing on the cake just in time for playoffs.

Absolutely!  The Hawks have had to learn how to score, and win, without his presence in the lineup.  Although their games have been closer in the second half of district, they've found a way to get the job done without him.  They've developed into a team that's good enough to make a run in the playoffs without him, and now that he's coming back, he might just be the last piece of the puzzle that helps them get all the way back to state. 

that's a pretty weak statement.  that the game IN SILSBEE was so close, and their identical district records would indicate they're still pretty even, even without Burrell.  Burrell's impending return also makes this a soon-to-be moot point.

Through this statement you're clearly trying to imply that the hecklers are irrelevant, and that they are not a factor in HJ's success.  One only has to look at the whining and moaning about them that goes on in the basketball forum to realize just how big of an effect they have on the outcomes of games.  If it bothers you fans so much, imagine how much they must get into the heads of the hawks' opponents. 

Usually there are very few who come on here and talk crap, at least to start.  Most of the time there is negative talk about the hecklers in whichever game thread, and the hecklers come on here and defend themselves.  Of course, they don't always show a lot of tact, but what do you expect when you have grown men criticizing high school kids?

I don't think any Hawk fan, player, or coach is going to lose sleep about not having your support.  Many fans in the area outside of Sour Lake supported the Hawks last year during their run to state, and i doubt that this year will be any different.   

Once again, surprisingly, I don't think anyone in the hecklers cares too much about who you root for.  You're entitled to hold your petty grudge, although i think it's funny how someone who's name implies age and wisdom is one of the few people I hear griping about this situation, rather than a player or student.  The posts you've made over the season about the hecklers would be more fitting coming from either.  I notice that BCcardbacker and cardinalcc don't seem to have the same issues you do.

He has shown his maturity level before remember all of the post he deleted....I was at the Silsbee vs. orangefield game and they had a makeshift heckler section, they were trying to do the same thing we do but I didn't see him complaining about them.

i agree i love nothing more than make the other team and their fans so upset and angry when we talk the whole game and then win but hey thats what we are supposed to do so if you think we dont have an impact on the game then you need to ask teams as Silsbee, Chapel hill, and EC and see what they say.

Maybe had the BC cheerleaders stayed where they were suppossed to have been than this would not have happened and they would not have heard whatever the Hecklers were saying.  Isn't there a rule that the UIL has that the cheerleaders must be 10 feet away or something like that.

Maybe had the BC cheerleaders stayed where they were suppossed to have been than this would not have happened and they would not have heard whatever the Hecklers were saying.  Isn't there a rule that the UIL has that the cheerleaders must be 10 feet away or something like that.

Nice try man hte Hecklers couldve chosen anywhere else in the gym to sit besides right by the cheerleaders..  ::)

Actually, there is a rule that states (don't know if it is district or UIL) that cheerleaders are to be stationed a minimum of 10 feet from the basket and all to one side.

I have been to games at BC before and the cheerleaders spread across the entire end of the floor.  Perhaps stationing them on the BC side of the basket (per the rules) would help prevent further incidents.

the hecklers sit at the end of the stands everywhere we go. we cant stand in the middle because there are parents that like to sit and watch the game. just like every other student section we have seen-they are always on the end as well. we were actually sitting on the other side of the gym in the first half and didnt have a prob. with those cheerleaders. it wasnt until we moved to the side with roger clemens daughter that we had problems. its a fact- females get offended by things alot easier than males. it just  sux that this female had a short fuse and a cannon.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder