22-3A Who makes playoffs? Top3

Guest RBarker

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest doubles_gun

Everyone picked Coldspring to win this year. They got 3rd place in the district and almost missed the playoffs if it wasnt for a last second trick play to beat liberty.

OVERRATED!!!!!

Guest mathisjarvis

Splendora was undefeated two years in a row? Seems like they would be the district favorite. Huffman might have some confidence dropping down from 4A but I dont think anyone is worried about them. I think they won 3 games in two years. Not very impressive.

I will tell you this the Cleveland Tribe will be the team to beat next year. They only lost a few starters and return with a very talented group of JV pool, If you saw them play at the last of the year then you know Coach T. and the rest of the TRIBE Alumni coaches have them going in the right direction.  With that said Huffman ,Splendora and Coldsprings will be fighting for the next two spots!! Splendora is going to be young on the O-Line this year lost two College bound linemen and all the backs! Huffman will be scrappy have a good Jr. Class coming in. If the Trojans will buy into the new system completely and everyone stay in the books they could give everyone some trouble! Gonna be fun to watch around the 22-3A gridiron next year. Coach T. Might need to stock up some scoreboard light bulbs so the North Cleveland Mayor can earn his money changing bulbs out from being lit up so much next year!!!!!!!!!!

Splendora was undefeated two years in a row? Seems like they would be the district favorite. Huffman might have some confidence dropping down from 4A but I don't think anyone is worried about them. I think they won 3 games in two years. Not very impressive.

Get your numbers right mathisjarvis that is five wins in two years.  ;D Just FYI Huffman has not lost to Coldspring, Cleveland or Splendora prior moving up in a long team. Splendora has not beat us in what previous six meetings, had defeated Cleveland and Coldspring previous six meetings each. Yea we are beat down right now but not to worried about next year.

Gonna be an interesting season. Alot of good matchups means alot of exciting games.

Yea Wes I have a lad that will be a senior and sure would like to break that long drought that you guys have over us.  ???

Guest newtoschool

I will tell you this the Cleveland Tribe will be the team to beat next year. They only lost a few starters and return with a very talented group of JV pool, If you saw them play at the last of the year then you know Coach T. and the rest of the TRIBE Alumni coaches have them going in the right direction.  With that said Huffman ,Splendora and Coldsprings will be fighting for the next two spots!! Splendora is going to be young on the O-Line this year lost two College bound linemen and all the backs! Huffman will be scrappy have a good Jr. Class coming in. If the Trojans will buy into the new system completely and everyone stay in the books they could give everyone some trouble! Gonna be fun to watch around the 22-3A gridiron next year. Coach T. Might need to stock up some scoreboard light bulbs so the North Cleveland Mayor can earn his money changing bulbs out from being lit up so much next year!!!!!!!!!!

does this mean they are gonna score more points than last year.......cause looking back at the scores..........

it you take out tarkington and shepherd,          did they score more than 3 times a game.

Hey Owl lets talk. LOL I was at the track meet at Anahuac tonight or yesterday and your right Cleveland is the team to beat. They have some good looking kids from what I seen and some fast ones at that.

Guys I might be wrong about lighting the scoreboard up, if so I will eat crow! As for the players etbu they have them there year end and out you just have to have coaches that bring the best out in young men and sell them to their selves anyway make them believe that they are champions and the rest will work out. I knew when the new staff implemented the wing-T offense and got away from the spread they would be nasty! I was at the game against Splendora and although Cleveland lost you could see the confidence building during the game due to Splendora runs the CHUCK and DUCK-T pretty much to perfection as anyone knows that has seen them play, and now Cleveland has confidence in it and the new Coaches. But most importantly they will have a butt load of talent returning.  TALENT+EXPERIENCE+CONFIDENCE+COACHING= DISTRICT 22-3A CHAMPIONSHIP-Possibly Undefeated In District. I could be wrong but its going to be some good ball next fall with Huffman, Coldsprings, and dont forget Splendora coming off its second season in a row being Undefeated District Champs! They lost some talent but have a great coaching staff too! plus I heard they are getting a transfer Sr. from Permian Basin area a RB 6' plus and 220 lbs. I cant wait GONNA be some GOOD BATTLES next year!

Guest RBarker

i dont think huffman is gunna be as good as everyone thinks.

Yah, try to tell the guys that are working in offseason everyday, them boys are getting stronger and faster everyday. They are going to be the favorite in my opinion with Cleveland. I was talking to one of them and they told me that they took alot of beatings in 4a, he said its going to be them giving the beatings to the 3A teams this year, but its going to be great district to watch.... hey wise owl is that really true about splendora getting a running back from permian 6'0 220?

i dont think huffman is gunna be as good as everyone thinks.

Yah, try to tell the guys that are working in offseason everyday, them boys are getting stronger and faster everyday. They are going to be the favorite in my opinion with Cleveland. I was talking to one of them and they told me that they took alot of beatings in 4a, he said its going to be them giving the beatings to the 3A teams this year, but its going to be great district to watch.... hey wise owl is that really true about splendora getting a running back from permian 6'0 220?

isnt the offseason a time to get stronger and faster..??? thats just me though....

anyways huffman has the same numbers as the years before and they have nothing in my opinion that will help them beat 22 3a...i think the only thing that will help them is the fact that Liberty will be learning a new offense and that coldspring and splendora are losing a couple of great players.

RBarker - and on what do you base this prediction on: (1) History - sorry Huffman has NEVER beaten a Liberty team;  ;) (2) Huffman's stellar record from the last 2 years - oh sorry they are not that good;  ??? (3) or just good ole blind HOPE.  8)

Well maybe you will win - but history is not on your side in this argument.  And Stomp is a strong word coming from Huffman - when was the last time they stomped anyone - specially Liberty?  Oh that's right go back to (1) and that is Never!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder