22-3A Who makes playoffs? Top3

Guest RBarker

RBarker - and on what do you base this prediction on: (1) History - sorry Huffman has NEVER beaten a Liberty team;  ;) (2) Huffman's stellar record from the last 2 years - oh sorry they are not that good;  ??? (3) or just good ole blind HOPE.  8)

Well maybe you will win - but history is not on your side in this argument.  And Stomp is a strong word coming from Huffman - when was the last time they stomped anyone - specially Liberty?  Oh that's right go back to (1) and that is Never!!

Ok OT have to stop and stick up for one of our players over here enough said. All you stated above is the truth and just have to wait and see but we will be there. Who knows maybe Rbarker can knock down a pass or two to prevent another rout.  ???

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

etbu - man you make me feel bad - you seem to always take the high road.  I agree we should always defend the school that you support.  I am a Liberty supporter but have always been impressed with how Huffman seems to handle their athletes and how they seem to always display good sportsmanship.

As you stated nobody has a crystal ball and I will be at the game as well.  Hope to see a good quality well fought football - with no injuries.

etbu - man you make me feel bad - you seem to always take the high road.  I agree we should always defend the school that you support.  I am a Liberty supporter but have always been impressed with how Huffman seems to handle their athletes and how they seem to always display good sportsmanship.

As you stated nobody has a crystal ball and I will be at the game as well.  Hope to see a good quality well fought football - with no injuries.

Not that bro but I have been going to these games for ten years or so and know the score. Ha Ha I have a son along with RBarker and maybe it happens but if not ok just glad to be back in the fold with good people.

PS RBarker we need to talk.  8)

I do believe Huffman is going to surprise some teams next year, I just hope Liberty isn't one of them that gets surprised. At the rate things are going around here we may not even have a new AD yet!!!

I really don't think that Huffman beating Liberty or anybody else in the district should come as a suprise to anyone who remembers what kind of team the Falcons had before they moved up to 4a. The last 2 or 3 years Huffman was 3a they were at or near the top of the district and this was when Barbers Hill was in this district also. They will have big numbers, attendance wise, so you know that will make them competitive to begin with and this group of seniors that Huffman has, and I think I'm right, but they haven't lost to Liberty since Jr. High. Correct me if I'm wrong ETBU. This should be a very exciting district and I am looking forward to it and hopefully Liberty can get it together.

Yea the last two years that were down was the best teams ever over here and we went two deep in the playoffs two of the three years. This bunch of to be seniors are pretty good but as always we have some that have moved.  Even though we are thought as a red headed district still some good kids from each school and will be fun. I hear that Cleveland is going to be the pick to win the district then after that who knows? From what I have seen or heard will be Cleveland, Coldspring, Splendora prolly the top three picks in DCTF. I will say this and that is that we have a former Dayton Coach Jones who is our Def. Cord. and our kids really believe in him. My son would run through a brick wall for him. Can't wait.

Guest RBarker

RBarker - and on what do you base this prediction on: (1) History - sorry Huffman has NEVER beaten a Liberty team;  ;) (2) Huffman's stellar record from the last 2 years - oh sorry they are not that good;  ??? (3) or just good ole blind HOPE.  8)

Well maybe you will win - but history is not on your side in this argument.  And Stomp is a strong word coming from Huffman - when was the last time they stomped anyone - specially Liberty?  Oh that's right go back to (1) and that is Never!!

Wise Owl i was just trying to get sumthin started  ;D, Your right history is not on huffmans side but just like Wes57 said this group hasn't lost to Liberty since 7th grade... I know that doesn't mean anything but this district should be very exciting to watch next year...

Ok now that Brent Favre has retired and Liberty (the most important job in Texas) has been named what does the district look like ? For the first time in over twenty five years there will be life without BH.  :o  my picks are:

Cleveland

Coldspring

Splendora

What do yall think?

Panther09 and West come over on to Huffman.  ;D

You can’t take Liberty out of the discussion for the top 3 as they have proven to be a contender every year.  Last year they finished 4th for the first time in like 15 years - Even in 2005 when they did not make the payoffs it was due to a 3 way tie for 2nd place and due to tiebreaker they were left out.

That being said Top 3 will come out of:

Liberty, Splendora, Huffman and Cleveland

The more I think about it the more I believe that its probably going to be a toss up...Besides Tarkington and Shepherd, I think anyone could be in the hunt...

What do you base your above quote on.  Your JV was horrible last year and if not for the big SR in the backfield last year your Varsity would have been the same.

The more I think about it the more I believe that its probably going to be a toss up...Besides Tarkington and Shepherd, I think anyone could be in the hunt...

What do you base your above quote on.  Your JV was horrible last year and if not for the big SR in the backfield last year your Varsity would have been the same.

and I'm tired of people saying this is a weak District... in 2006 Splendora lost to Silsbee by 2 points and should have beaten them... and in  2007 Cleveland kept the game with Kirbyville real close.. >:( >:( >:(

and I'm tired of people saying this is a weak District... in 2006 Splendora lost to Silsbee by 2 points and should have beaten them... and in  2007 Cleveland kept the game with Kirbyville real close.. >:( >:( >:(

I wasn't saying the district is weak.  I said Libertys JV was not very good, and w/o White (I believe that is his name) the Varsity wouldn't have been either.

Josh isnt coming back. Either is Gee, Ballinger, Sell, Sierra, Lazo, Pitre, Boles, Presley....the list goes on...

But theres an on going tradition in highschool. Im not sure if your familiar with it.....its called graduation...it happens about once and year...

The cool thing though, is that theres this other great thing called jr high....kids come over and stay for awhile before the do the thing in the line above^....

Josh and everybody else will be hard to replace but it will happen aventually...

Hey pantherplaya has a point everyone graduates. Liberty has 3 starting O linemen coming back not to mention some key running backs or wing backs whatever yall wanna call them. And just to put this out there White was hurt for the entire season. It all started in the bridge city game. He is a fighter thats all there is to it. Yes he will be hard to replace but Liberty has good kids coming back. Alot on defense to.

I wasn't saying the district is weak.  I said Libertys JV was not very good, and w/o White (I believe that is his name) the Varsity wouldn't have been either.

see thats were everyone is wrong... Yeah Josh White was a very great player and was a 4yr varstiy starter, but Liberty also has talent that you people don't even really know about... just because Liberty graduates a lot this year doesn't mean anything

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder