22-3A Who makes playoffs? Top3

Guest RBarker

The more I think about it the more I believe that its probably going to be a toss up...Besides Tarkington and Shepherd, I think anyone could be in the hunt...

What do you base your above quote on.  Your JV was horrible last year and if not for the big SR in the backfield last year your Varsity would have been the same.

and I'm tired of people saying this is a weak District... in 2006 Splendora lost to Silsbee by 2 points and should have beaten them... and in  2007 Cleveland kept the game with Kirbyville real close.. >:( >:( >:(

I wasn't saying the district is weak.  I said Libertys JV was not very good, and w/o White (I believe that is his name) the Varsity wouldn't have been either.

see thats were everyone is wrong... Yeah Josh White was a very great player and was a 4yr varstiy starter, but Liberty also has talent that you people don't even really know about... just because Liberty graduates a lot this year doesn't mean anything

So did they not play last year????  Where were they? Walking the halls?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m sorry but I need to start this post by saying that I think Huffman is a quality school and generally fields competitive teams and are truly good sportsman.

But to give them the 1st place position in this district – or even the top 3 – just because they dropped from 4A makes little or no sense.  If my information is correct they were 2 – 8 last year and in the previous years in 3A never won the district (one year they shared the leagues best record with Liberty but Liberty was the Champ due to head to head win).  If we were talking baseball I agree they have a good chance of being district champs but this is football and history (recent history) does not support this argument. 

I think they will be competitive but district champs – maybe in a few years.

Also, trust me on this – Liberty will be in the top 3 of this district next year.

Go Panthers  8)

Just to think that when you drop down you win is a myth and remember when HJ dropped back down? Their first year was 2-8 and not much better the second. If you win at the upper level and dropped down it happens. We were in a very weak district but the one we are coming  back to is not world beaters either. I will say this that the athletes that we saw the last two years are much better game in and game out than what we will see in our new district. TO crown us as district champs I agree is way to premature. Would nice to beat liberty at their house just one time.  ;D

Man this thread reminds me of the old days ;D ;D Can Barbers Hill come play??? This 4A district is for the birds Huffman, BH and Crosby are the only folks you can find on any boards!!

After a rough year for the Falcons I think they will be the front runner for the district ,but 3A wasn't a whole lot easier as i recall!

I’m sorry but I need to start this post by saying that I think Huffman is a quality school and generally fields competitive teams and are truly good sportsman.

But to give them the 1st place position in this district – or even the top 3 – just because they dropped from 4A makes little or no sense.  If my information is correct they were 2 – 8 last year and in the previous years in 3A never won the district (one year they shared the leagues best record with Liberty but Liberty was the Champ due to head to head win).  If we were talking baseball I agree they have a good chance of being district champs but this is football and history (recent history) does not support this argument. 

I think they will be competitive but district champs – maybe in a few years.

Also, trust me on this – Liberty will be in the top 3 of this district next year.

Go Panthers  8)

Old Timer you are exactly right, it is way to early to say anyteam has the best shot at winning the DC. You have to earn everything u want by puting in the work. We will see who has been working come sept. and oct. I no the Boys at splendora will hit u in the mouth and so will huffman. Liberty, cleveland, and coldspring got the speed, should be a close race

Man this thread reminds me of the old days ;D ;D Can Barbers Hill come play??? This 4A district is for the birds Huffman, BH and Crosby are the only folks you can find on any boards!!

After a rough year for the Falcons I think they will be the front runner for the district ,but 3A wasn't a whole lot easier as i recall!

I dont recall BH ever over looking the Panthers either.

o and texasfootball44..im 6'2. ;D....but since when does that matter??

anyways...HUFFMAN WHO??? FALCONS WHAT?????

Whole lot easier? Say what? Before we went up we made a four year run there big boy and one of those wins was at your place.  ;D

I dont recall BH ever over looking the Panthers either.

o and texasfootball44..im 6'2. ;D....but since when does that matter??

anyways...HUFFMAN WHO??? FALCONS WHAT?????

Ha we will c, my num. is #1 and i play reciever and olb. I can't wait to play yall

Whole lot easier? Say what? Before we went up we made a four year run there big boy and one of those wins was at your place.  ;D

Yeah but yall cheated remember  ;) and we have gotcha back since then ;D

ya ur right gorilla...huffman OR splendora could take third...it really is a toss up.. ;D

No way Huffman does that well no way. R you freaking kidding me? They will be lucky to win one or two games and let me tell  you why. They have won a total of five games over the past two years right? Check Second four of those games have been Scarbarough and Forest Brook right? Check Third They were in the worst district in the state right? Right? Check So we all know who is going to win it all right?

1. Cleveland

2. Liberty

3. Splendora

4. Coldspring

5. Shepherd

6. Tarkington

7. Huffman

Huffman may if they're are lucky beat a non district opponent but don't get carried away. We are just glad to be in the district again so we can be a doormat for you guys. As long as your happy and we are miserable that is all that matters.  ;D We have zero talent bc that is just the way it is and always will be over here. PLEASE PRAY FOR US.  :'(

Plead with your Coaching staff to keep it under a hundred please.  :'(

• 4 weeks later...

Someone on here asked about Cleveland, they have gotten one move in and another is on the way back.

They one just moved in is one of Diboll's top athletes and the other on the way back played running back as a sophomore on North Shore's Varsity.

This looks to be an old school district.  No spread teams anymore.  Everyone with multiple TE formations and run it at you.

Guest etbu

Someone on here asked about Cleveland, they have gotten one move in and another is on the way back.

They one just moved in is one of Diboll's top athletes and the other on the way back played running back as a sophomore on North Shore's Varsity.

This looks to be an old school district.  No spread teams anymore.  Everyone with multiple TE formations and run it at you.

Yea I heard last night that they would be the team to beat this year bc Coaching staff is doing a great job with the kids.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder