favorite player from setx....... ever

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quinton Tezeno-WOS.........played saftey on the 1986,87 State Championship teams.  Never saw anybody hit like that in high school ball. He ended up at New Mexico State where SI listed him as one of the hardest hitting DB's in College football. A knee injury ended his football career a short time later.

William Morrissey from Silsbee and the Mohica kid from Ned were the best two D Linemen I ever coached against.  One year against Silsbee, our whole plan was to go away from Morrissey.  The best LB I remember was Aubrey Brisendine from Ned and Gayron Allen of WOS.  Offensively, I remember Shanderrick Charles fropm Lincoln, Dustin Long from PNG at QB, Summrall from NED as a RB, The Lively Brothers from Silsbee were great linemen.  The Mayhew brothers were pretty good too.

From my playing days I remember a WO-S RB named Eric Williams, Saillier from Lincoln, Roderick Robertson and Rick Orebo from WOS.  Speedy Cooper and Malcolm Andrepont from Beaumont South Park, Mark LeBlanc from BC, Bo Brown from Vidor, Willie Cade from Jasper

As a child I remember Bryand Ward from BC, Don Richards from LCM, Teddy Gibbens from LCM, Chris Gunn from LCM, Rocky Gonzales from LCM, Bud Adams from Hebert, Spanky Broussard from Cleveland, Jerry Ball and Gerlad Landry from West Brook, Champine from WO, not WOS, but WO Chiefs, Craig Couvillion, Wendell Rhodes Stark High Tigers and many others i probably can't remember.

William Morrissey from Silsbee and the Mohica kid from Ned were the best two D Linemen I ever coached against.  One year against Silsbee, our whole plan was to go away from Morrissey.  The best LB I remember was Aubrey Brisendine from Ned and Gayron Allen of WOS.  Offensively, I remember Shanderrick Charles fropm Lincoln, Dustin Long from PNG at QB, Summrall from NED as a RB, The Lively Brothers from Silsbee were great linemen.  The Mayhew brothers were pretty good too.

From my playing days I remember a WO-S RB named Eric Williams, Saillier from Lincoln, Roderick Robertson and Rick Orebo from WOS.  Speedy Cooper and Malcolm Andrepont from Beaumont South Park, Mark LeBlanc from BC, Bo Brown from Vidor, Willie Cade from Jasper

As a child I remember Bryand Ward from BC, Don Richards from LCM, Teddy Gibbens from LCM, Chris Gunn from LCM, Rocky Gonzales from LCM, Bud Adams from Hebert, Spanky Broussard from Cleveland, Jerry Ball and Gerlad Landry from West Brook, Champine from WO, not WOS, but WO Chiefs, Craig Couvillion, Wendell Rhodes Stark High Tigers and many others i probably can't remember.

Yea, South Park used to have a few good ones.

They had this guy back in 1979 named Olin Green.  This guy made All State both ways as a TE and DE.  I remember trying to block him, I hit him as hard and solid as I could and it was like running into a train. I just bounced off and he would make the tackle.

I did not suck either.............................. this guy could flat out play !

Guest Penny

Homer vote goes to Sean Yoder, could absolutely fly and make plays.  Ran back several kicks, was a threat to take it to the house and was a true lockdown corner if ever there was one.

Best all-around, has to be J. Charles, what he did with a simple toss sweep against big time 5A schools who knew it was coming... nothing short of amazing.

Jamaal Charles--PAM

Shockmain Davis--Lincoln

Elijah Burkins---TJ

Nick Nixon---SFA

and finally-----------two guys that made me wanna suit up and play----

Montoyer---i foget his first name---QB from Jasper

and

Leeland McElroy---RB from Central

Shanderick Charles(Jamaal brother)----Lincoln

Ricky Wilson---Lincoln

Jermia Roberts(Clavin's brother)---Lincoln

Tobias Dean---SFA

Isral Joubert--nose guard Lincoln

My Uncle Patrick Blake---RB Kelly(lol)

Newton had a running back about 4 or 5 years ago thats was a hound

QB- (Chip Ambres) no disrespect to any of the great QB's out of SETX but just think if he would have went to A&M no other QB could run it & throw it any better...

RB- (Jamal Charles) the reason I picked him is b/c the era he played in has bigger & faster athletes... Hey he is probably the most complete back to come out of the area

Lineman- (Jerry Ball) hey all I can say is NFL PRO BOWL selection

WR- This one is a hard one b/c the BMT/PA/Orange area is always loaded with DI talent at this position... I'll just name a few Warren Wells(BMT), Chris Cole(Orange), Rickey Wilson(PA), the Ceaser Brothers(BMT), Kenny Williams(BMT), Ozen is known for a deep WR corp. every year(E.Lewis, C.Ceaser, B. Rideaux, B. Nash, W. Franklin), F. Lyons(BMT), Yoder(NED), F. Paul, H. Smith(CEN) Every guy I mentioned went on to have success in either college are the PRO's

Spencer George from Hamshire-Fannett played for the Titans backed up Eddie George and played special teams....beast at HF though.....Flip Johnson from HF I think he graduated in 79 played for the Buffalo Bills.  Cedric Larnette was simply amazing everytime he touched the ball for the Longhorns...he'd cut one way break defenders down and then in a flash he was to the house 70 yards..he went to Blinn but might be headed to Sam Houston St. playing just DB...he did recieve all american at Blinn I think....

Guest tigersvoice

i would definately have to say #2 from Hamshire Fannett. . . . according to some he runs a 4.3 and has exceptional hands and field awareness i think he could be the next Mike Vick

Some Mother named her son #2?  What a sense of humor!  Guess she was planning on having a NUMBER of children. ;D

Guest tigersvoice

It's impossible to pick one player for this.  

One name I'd like to throw into the mix is Ernie Ladd, graduate of Wallace High School in Orange.

Oh my!!  That's a good one.

Guest tigersvoice

Way before my time but some of the old timers say Ernie "The Cat" Ladd from Orange would just step over people when he played.  ::k

Or step "ON."  Either way - didn't make Ernie any difference.

QB- (Chip Ambres) no disrespect to any of the great QB's out of SETX but just think if he would have went to A&M no other QB could run it & throw it any better...

RB- (Jamal Charles) the reason I picked him is b/c the era he played in has bigger & faster athletes... Hey he is probably the most complete back to come out of the area

Lineman- (Jerry Ball) hey all I can say is NFL PRO BOWL selection

WR- This one is a hard one b/c the BMT/PA/Orange area is always loaded with DI talent at this position... I'll just name a few Warren Wells(BMT), Chris Cole(Orange), Rickey Wilson(PA), the Ceaser Brothers(BMT), Kenny Williams(BMT), Ozen is known for a deep WR corp. every year(E.Lewis, C.Ceaser, B. Rideaux, B. Nash, W. Franklin), F. Lyons(BMT), Yoder(NED), F. Paul, H. Smith(CEN) Every guy I mentioned went on to have success in either college are the PRO's

Yoder didn't

Shanderick Charles(Jamaal brother)----Lincoln

Ricky Wilson---Lincoln

Jermia Roberts(Clavin's brother)---Lincoln

Tobias Dean---SFA

Isral Joubert--nose guard Lincoln

My Uncle Patrick Blake---RB Kelly(lol)

Newton had a running back about 4 or 5 years ago thats was a hound

I played arena ball with Tobias. The kid was good!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder