OF or JASPER

hjsc

now that we are far in district and playoffs are approaching......who do you think will receive 3rd place in district and who would you like to see go to the playoffs

my opinion....

I'm not impressed with OF at all but I'm deeply impressed with Jasper....my vote is for Jasper!!!!

We'll soon see.  Jasper has really been coming on lately.  Of course, several of the Jasper players had to play catchup in BB after the playoff run in football.  I think it is fair to say they now have their basketball legs.

I saw them for the first time Tuesday, and I left shaking my head wondering how Bailey did some of the things he did.  All I can say, he is just a little MJ.

Like everyone says Jasper been on fire lately O-field is a good squad and all. But it just something about Jasper that make me think they have everything they need to win this game. Jasper has one of the best shooters out of Spikes and Bailey but that can't just win a win but they do match up to O-field a whole lot better than I thought. O-field has that passing attack and good defense of their to help them on their part. I think Jasper has the shot to take that 3rd spot, mostly because they have homecourt advantage too.

Jasper has been on fire for one game.  They barely beat HF two games ago (shot at the buzzer).  They barely beat BC the game before that at home.  Orangefield has not been on fire either.  Whichever one gets hot the next few games will be important.  OF better come ready to play if they want to get one against Jasper at Jasper.  This is what it is all about.  One game. 

Guest larry mcgee

orangefield is a very well coach and well diciplined basketball team but jasper has so much speed and athletism that they are tough to run with. i think jasper will take the 3rd spot

I think OF can do that.  The first time these teams played Jasper was absolutely lights out in the first half, even the ball boy through in a couple threes.  In the second half it was a different story.  OF has their success by keeping the score an 50 pts for the winner.  Both losses to Silsbee were close, 1pt at home, 2 pts on the road.  The tempo is the key, they are not going to win a high scoring game with a run and gun  tempo.  That is why you cant just look at the scores and say they only beat a team by 15 pts. and Jasper won by 30.  I agree you do have to shut down either Baily or The other kid but not necessarily both.  Also, this time OF is healthy unlike last time, not an excuse because the way they shot in the first half it was just their night.  I think it will be a heck of a game either way.

Guest larry mcgee

i said it in a different thread and ill say it again. Jasper has a new found confidence and i think this one will come down to the wire with jasper pulling it out by 4. Although Orangefield plays outstanding defense, the speed of the jasper will wear them down

Wow, nobody on this thread gives Orangefield a chance, everyone picked Jasper...But hey, i understand, Jasper beat OF at OF and now OF has to win at Jasper to force a tie which will be tough.  Lets not forget though that OF has 2 home games against HJ and Silsbee (and Jasper plays Silsbee too).  If OF can pull an upset, (which they have a great shot against Silsbee) then they could be playing for outright 3rd place next week.  I was one of the only posters who talked about the first Jasper-OF game after it happened.  I wanted to bring up some valid points and observations made about that game.  First off, OF had 2 players out sick, one of them plays good minutes and helps out a lot.  Jeremy Granger had strep throat and played through it and looked gassed during the game.  I said it then and i still say it, Jasper had the best shooting night that night i'd seen all season from any team in a game.  Everything they shot went in.  I talked to a coach that had watched film on a couple of games of them and he said the same thing, that he had never seen them shoot the ball like that before.  Despite all those things going against them, OF was only down like 4 pts in the last couple minutes of the game and made it close.  Jasper likes to get up and down the court and they scored a lot on fast break opportunities in that game.  Jasper has good team quickness and Bailey and Spikes are tough matchups for Orangefield to guard.  On Orangefield's side, Jasper isnt that big so they really didnt have someone that could matchup with Jeremy Granger in the post.  I look for OF to try to exploit that matchup again next week.  If Jasper can push the ball up the court and score on fast breaks, they will be tough to beat.  If OF can slow the game down and play their game, its a very winnable game for them.  All i do know is that this will be a great game with a playoff atmosphere.  Aggiesarewe should be at that game next week to broadcast it, i'm already putting in an early bid.

The jasper and OF game will be a great game, two different styles comes down to who can force the other top play the tempo, the super bowl tonight was great example, ball control and smart plays, taking away the other teams strengths.  It would be better if the bobcats could pull an upset this week though.

Guest larry mcgee

If orangefield can slow the speed of the game down and play their style they will win. But if jasper makes them run all night they will be in some trouble. This will be the game of the week in my opinion. Good luck to both

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder