WOS/Silsbee Game- Suspended..Discuss Here

Lazeek

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest abovetherim

That's not the first time WO-S has been in a big fight in basketball. I remember back when Kevin Smith and Q. Tezeno (SP) played for the Mustangs they were in a huge fight in a playoff game.

Now, please don't think by the above statement I think WO-S players or fan's started any violence/fight. I don't have any facts of this game and can't comment about things of which I don't have any knowledge.

Fight ends game; ’Stangs fall

Van Wade

The Orange Leader

WEST ORANGE — It was a rough start for the West Orange-Stark Mustangs and a horrific finish for the boys in blue and silver as the Silsbee Tigers walked into Mustang Gym and roughed up the Mustangs 67-37 in District 21-3A basketball action.

The Tigers (19-5, 8-1) forced the Mustangs (8-18, 3-6) into 27 turnovers and grabbed a 32-18 lead at the half. Silsbee went on to blow the game open in the third quarter with a 25-9 spurt.

The game came to a terrible conclusion with 1:03 left as a couple players got into a skirmish after a foul was called. A shoving match ensued and then it was fisticuffs.

Several players erupted off their respective benches along with fans from both teams. Local law enforcement and WO-S school officials cleared the gym, making all the fans not only leave the gym but had them clear the parking lot as well.

Guard Douglas Howard paced the Silsbee attack with 15 points. Fellow guard Shannon Robinson popped for 12 points and forward Michael Willis added 11.

Junior Marquest Watson led WO-S with 13 points. Senior Ronnie Dennis had nine points and Dante Green contributed eight.

The game was ugly from the get-go for the Mustangs. The Tigers darted out to a quick 15-4 lead and never really looked back. The Mustangs were able to get within 17-10 at the end of the first period.

Howard tallied a quick six points to get the Tigers going in the second period and built their lead up to 30-12 before WO-S’ Green erupted for six points of his own to get WO-S within 14 points at the half.

The Mustangs certainly hit a rough patch in the third. Silsbee forced the Mustangs into 10 turnovers in the quarter. Howard popped for seven points for the Tigers in the period. Pheal Hill came off the bench to score all six of his points in the period while Nick Walters and Robinson had four points apiece.

Watson and Dennis were able to hit a couple three-point missiles before all of the unfortunate hoopla ended the contest.

The Mustangs finished a woeful 3-of-16 from the free-throw line while the Tigers went 11-of-18. The Tigers committed 14 turnovers.

Silsbee finished with a 33-31 rebounding edge. D.C. Stallworth paced Silsbee with six rebounds while Hill added five. Jim McDonald led the Mustangs with a game-high eight rebounds.

The Mustangs will visit Jasper in 21-3A play Tuesday.

Guest Chaingang Defense

I was at the game and could not believe what I saw with my own eyes.

DON'T BLAME IT ON US, I WAS THERE TO. PLAYERS FROM BOTH WILL BE SUSPENDED.

The game was started by #23 of WO-S when he threw the ball at #5 of Silsbee due to a foul. He got into it twice before leading it up to this point. A player from Silsbee jump to save a teamate when #23 and a couple more players of WO-S wanted to fight that when the fans of WO-S jump in too. WO-S player #23 isn't a good leader for his team. He always start stuff too much. There more to the story but i will not say it all right now

I was at the game and could not believe what I saw with my own eyes. WO-S #23 had gotten into it 2 times before the last incident close to the end of the game. Blood was everywhere an the crowd from WO-S sure was trying to jump into the fight too.

DON'T BLAME IT ON US, I WAS THERE TO. PLAYERS FROM BOTH WILL BE SUSPENDED.

If you was at the game you could see that your little friend  #23 was ready to throw a fit cause he threw the ball at one of our players first and that was not the first time in that game. If you was in the stand why didn't you tell your friends to stay out of it too. When it didn't have nothing to do with them.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin