WOS/Silsbee Game- Suspended..Discuss Here

Lazeek

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to know some facts. How many players left the bench? How many players in the game were actively involved in the fight? If this were as big a brawl as everyone was saying, then there should have been more suspensions. Anyone leaving the bench should be suspended, regardless of the reason.Anyone on the court fighting, should be suspended. It appears to me (I wasn't there so I could be wrong) that if the fight were as bad as reported, that the coaches and administration at Silsbee should be ashamed of themselves for not cracking down harder on their players for their actions. It appears (once again, I could be wrong) that a chance at winning district is more important than teaching these young men some lessons.

What???? This was at WOS #1...........so why should Silsbee administration be ashamed.........the COACH, not UIL suspended the players in question, what else should he do.........WOS fans........not Silsbee's were on the floor fighting, WOS throwing balls at Silsbee players...........and yes the 2 that got suspensions probably deserve it........but then read the article above..........NO WOS PLAYERS SUSPENDED AT THIS TIME!

You said you needed facts, great, but wait until you get them before making comments like you did about Silsbee being ashamed of themselves.

Here are some more facts:

WOS - parent on the floor last year at Silsbee during Girls game, yelling and screaming after a foul.

WOS - parent (fan) ejected at Evadale -v- Silsbee in Girls playoff last year.

WOS - Fighting in FB -v- Dayton this year

WOS - Fighting -v- Silsbee in boys BB this year

(and these are just the ones "I" know about!)

Now it could be that everyone is just picking on poor little WOS.........or maybe........well you decide!

Tiger12 now would be a good time to remove that large foot from your mouth!!

Lets see here:

Silsbee - Players Fighting -v- WOS boys in BB LAST WEEK!!

Silsbee - Players Fighting -v- HJ boys in BB THIS WEEK!!

Sounds like a little of the pot calling the kettle black to me!!

I want to know some facts. How many players left the bench? How many players in the game were actively involved in the fight? If this were as big a brawl as everyone was saying, then there should have been more suspensions. Anyone leaving the bench should be suspended, regardless of the reason.Anyone on the court fighting, should be suspended. It appears to me (I wasn't there so I could be wrong) that if the fight were as bad as reported, that the coaches and administration at Silsbee should be ashamed of themselves for not cracking down harder on their players for their actions. It appears (once again, I could be wrong) that a chance at winning district is more important than teaching these young men some lessons.

What???? This was at WOS #1...........so why should Silsbee administration be ashamed.........the COACH, not UIL suspended the players in question, what else should he do.........WOS fans........not Silsbee's were on the floor fighting, WOS throwing balls at Silsbee players...........and yes the 2 that got suspensions probably deserve it........but then read the article above..........NO WOS PLAYERS SUSPENDED AT THIS TIME!

You said you needed facts, great, but wait until you get them before making comments like you did about Silsbee being ashamed of themselves.

WOS - parent on the floor last year at Silsbee during Girls game, yelling and screaming after a foul.

Now it could be that everyone is just picking on poor little WOS.........or maybe........well you decide!

Lets see here:

There was no fight tonight. A Silsbee JV player committed a hard foul on a HJ player with just a couple of seconds left. The HJ player pushed back and that was it. Tempers flared a little but it was broken up quickly. That's the facts.

Aggies then why did the cop have to tackle the Silsbee kid and hold him down?

Not much of a fight I agree but it was a little more than a push and shove going on.

Hey Lazeek, I was just going off of what someone who was there told me. I probably shouldn't have posted without actually being there.

Not much of a fight I agree but it was a little more than a push and shove going on.

That's a great question, he was not anywhere near a hj player. 

8)

First of all after Silsbee fouled #50 i believe he kept swing his arms all over the place hitting more than 3 player on both teams because they were trying to calm him down. #5 just tried to calm him down too and he was going crazy and that made #5 mad when he hit him in the face. If the kid from was to calm down then none of that would've happen. I witnessed that .

Maybe we Mustang fans are just classy enough to NOT get on a stupid message board and post things about high school kids???? If you don't know the TRUTH about what is happening at WO-S with the players, maybe just keep your mouth shut! No matter who did what, the kids are the losers in this thing, whether they are from Silsbee or WO-S!

::) ::) ::)

Maybe we Mustang fans are just classy enough to NOT get on a stupid message board and post things about high school kids???? If you don't know the TRUTH about what is happening at WO-S with the players, maybe just keep your mouth shut! No matter who did what, the kids are the losers in this thing, whether they are from Silsbee or WO-S!

::) ::) ::)

sounds like a ridiculous thing to say woman since yall werent classy enough to stay off the court when all this was happening ::)

That's a great question, he was not anywhere near a hj player. 

8)

The kid was tackled because the original officer tried to push him away from the group and when he turned to move away (the kid), he was pushed again and turned to get the officers hand off him so he was taken down by 3 officers.

Lets see here:

Call it what you want.......My Facts were of incidences STARTED by WOS.......not those they were involved in......true enough it doesn't look good for Silsbee.......however, from video of WOS, and being present -v- HJ..........Silsbee only retaliated (not condoning this) to what players from WOS and HJ did to them.......

No foot to remove........Silsbee did fight (retaliate) which is wrong by any measures.......but they were not the ones that threw a BB into the back of another player, nor were they the ones that were swinging elbows at anyone and everyone, well after the play was over. :-\

With all of that said, I will also agree with with what another poster said earlier.......it all could have been avoided had the game been controled by the officiating.......they (both teams) were allowed to get a little out of control towards the end of that game.

sorry to burst your bubble Master T but # 50 from HJ grabbed the rebound and went down and protected the ball and then after the game he was pushed down and got back up and was mad but he enver touched the Silsbee player and the Silsbee player was still trying to fight i was there i saw what happened and later talked to #50 to make sure i was right the WOS might not have been Silsbee fault (might have been wasnt there to see it) but the HJ incident was

So let me get this straight, you are stating that you know for a fact that the two incidents that you pointed out that the WOS athletes were involved in they started.  How do you know?  Where you at the Dayton game?  No, you read that info on this message board!!  Now Silsbee has been into two altercations in less that four days and they were both started by HJ and WOS.  

Now it could be that everyone is picking on poor little Silsbee......or maybe.......well you decide!

Lets see here:

Call it what you want.......My Facts were of incidences STARTED by WOS.......not those they were involved in......true enough it doesn't look good for Silsbee.......however, from video of WOS, and being present -v- HJ..........Silsbee only retaliated (not condoning this) to what players from WOS and HJ did to them.......

No foot to remove........Silsbee did fight (retaliate) which is wrong by any measures.......but they were not the ones that threw a BB into the back of another player, nor were they the ones that were swinging elbows at anyone and everyone, well after the play was over. :-\

With all of that said, I will also agree with with what another poster said earlier.......it all could have been avoided had the game been controled by the officiating.......they (both teams) were allowed to get a little out of control towards the end of that game.

Boys will be boys.  Nobody was injured and the coaches and refs can handle it from here.  Why does this have to turn into something more than it is?  A couple of shoving matches involving teenagers don't reflect anything on the communities involved.  Move on and get over it. 

Boys will be boys.  Nobody was injured and the coaches and refs can handle it from here.  Why does this have to turn into something more than it is?   A couple of shoving matches involving teenagers don't reflect anything on the communities involved.   Move on and get over it. 

i agree its no big deal its JV this happens in a lot of JV games

Everyone involved should receive consequences from players to fans.  I know that consequences were given to WO-S as far as fans and player(s) are concerned (several that I'm aware of). 

Noone in this situation should be making ANY excuses and that's all I seem to be seeing on here.  If you instigated...you should be punished.  If you retaliated...you should be punished.  If you stepped onto the court as a fan, etc....you should be punished.  Maybe if this happens consistently, some of this crap will stop happening. 

EACH and EVERY player is responsible for THEIR OWN actions, as well as fans.  These are almost "big boys" and they need to act like they are, regardless of where they are from.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder

• Fly-out to RF ends the inning.  3 outs for a trip to the regional finals/state quarterfinals.     Chester up 11-8.  Brookeland coming to the plate with 2-3-4.
    • Nicholls as you all likely know must lose to McNeese tomorrow for Lamar to be the out right conference champion. That is what most of us want to see.   With that said here's an odd scenario that could happen. There are 3 games left in conference play as Northwestern is playing out of conference and 2 of the 4 series are complete.  The aforementioned Nicholls vs McNeese and 2 games in the UIW and HCU series are left to play. If Nicholls wins and UIW spilts with HCU there will be a 4 way tie for 5th. McNeese, Southeastern. Corpus, and UIW would all sit at 10-14.  No idea on the conference tie breaker for tournament seeds. Truly wish the conference had a better website that already stated this as well as the tiebreaker scenario.  It has been one fun season and see you all in Hammond Wednesday. Well, some of you. Go Cards!! Uncle Spidey...you da man!!!  Snakehead, thanks for the updates.  Everyone else, have a great summer and enjoy what's left of the college baseball season. 
    • K for Chester to lead off.  Great diving catch in CF by Coulter for Brookeland for out 2.
    • Getting heated with the coaches for Brookeland and the umps.  I’m not quite sure what is going on.  Brookeland coaches contending the fans are cheering too loud.  
    • Yeah… I was on a jury for a custody modification where the dad was accused of being inappropriate with the child by mom. Law enforcement wasn’t involved. The first thing one of the jurors said when we began deliberating was “I’m sorry… but they (the dad’s counsel) didn’t prove that he didn’t do it.”  Were you even listening to the instructions?
  • Topics