*LU vs. SFA/81-75 SFA WINS/COMMENTS*

It seems every team we play shoots lights out against us.  When are they going to learn how to stop the other team?  I like how this team fights back and doesn't give up, but against good defensive teams it's hard to overcome such a large deficit.

Lamar is the most respected school whether they admnit it or not. SFA had its largest crowd....Lamar.

They have to shoot lights out to win. Like I said, come tourney time, advantage Lamar. 51 second half points show LU figured them out.

whoa buddy im sorry but Lamar wont beat SFA the rest of the season because Kyle Jacobs on SFA will dominate their world come tourney time. Axem Jacks Lamar wont and never will be SFA

Never is a long time.

Guest coachacola

It seems every team we play shoots lights out against us.  When are they going to learn how to stop the other team?  I like how this team fights back and doesn't give up, but against good defensive teams it's hard to overcome such a large deficit.

Lamar is the most respected school whether they admnit it or not. SFA had its largest crowd....Lamar.

They have to shoot lights out to win. Like I said, come tourney time, advantage Lamar. 51 second half points show LU figured them out.

whoa buddy im sorry but Lamar wont beat SFA the rest of the season because Kyle Jacobs on SFA will dominate their world come tourney time. Axem Jacks Lamar wont and never will be SFA

Never is a long time.

I don't think anybody wants to be like SFA.  These stats are not very impressive:

NCAA Appearances 0

NCAA Record 0-0

Most Recent NCAA Appearance never

Most Recent NCAA Win never

Never is a long time.

I don't think anybody wants to be like SFA.  These stats are not very impressive:

NCAA Appearances 0

NCAA Record 0-0

who wants to be like lamar FOOTBALL TEAM 0

Guest abovetherim

Lamar had been a pretty good FT shooting team but 18-30 won't get it done on the road. Next up SHSU at home. Now, let's forget about SFA for now and pack the Montagne Center Saturday.

Six point win for SFA is a W and we scored more than anyone else to date had so there are some positives to take from the game but it is still a loss and I'd much rather take positives from a win.

Congratulation to SFA on the victory.

Guest coachacola

SFA was the better team tonight.  Let's see how well LU comes back Saturday night against another real good defensive team in SHSU.  I wish I could make it down to Beaumont to see the game.  Anything less than 5,000 fans would be disappointing IMHO.

Never is a long time.

NCAA Appearances 0

NCAA Record 0-0

who wants to be like lamar FOOTBALL TEAM 0

I thought this was about Lamar Basketball. Another ignorant fool trying to stir the pot. MWhizzie got that fool part down.

Moral victory...Lamar first team to score 70 on them.

This is exactly why my pessimism remains.  We are constantly trying to find 'moral' victories:

- we almost beat ORU

- we almost beat Wyoming

- we almost beat UNO

- we were beating Northern Illinois and then lost

- we played Tech tough

- we scored 70 on SFA

BIG FLIPPIN DEAL!!!!  I THINK THIS ACCEPTANCE OF MEDIOCRITY BEGAN WHEN GREY GIOWEENIE WAS THE COACH AND HE CONSTANTLY TRIED TO PUT A POSITIVE SPIN ON FINISHING 9-9 OR 10-8 IN CONFERENCE.  HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  WE SHOULD NOT ACCEPT MEDIOCRITY WHEN WE PLAY IN THE SLC!!!!!  AM I BEING ARROGANT WHEN I THINK WE SHOULD BE THE ELITE PROGRAM IN THE SLC?

No Moral victories. We have lost 8 games this year. We could have beat teams, but we didn't. We are learning from our mistakes. It's not like Lamar was a favorite in this game, however despite some horrible FT shooting and some BS foul calls, (like the tech on LS), we still almost won. We have to figure out what the heck we did wrong and fix it.

No Moral victories. We have lost 8 games this year. We could have beat teams, but we didn't. We are learning from our mistakes. It's not like Lamar was a favorite in this game, however despite some horrible FT shooting and some BS foul calls, (like the tech on LS), we still almost won. We have to figure out what the heck we did wrong and fix it.

That's part of what is so discouraging "it's not like Lamar was a favorite in this game".  I guess I AM old.  I remember the days when we would be a large favorite in almost all of our conference games.  Especially against teams like SFA and SHSU and NWSU and UTA.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin