Jamaal Charles

Hitch

Guest abovetherim

I know a man (co-worker) who is good friends with Shanderick Charles. Shanderick is Jamaal's older brother who had a career ending injury at SMU. I was told if he is told he'll be a 1st or early 2nd round pick he'll be headed to the NFL. Take it with a grain of salt but this is what I've heard.

he needs to stay in college get stronger to run inside....and get tim mcgraw to tape the football to his body (friday night lights reference) before going pro.....after that i think he can be an early 1st round pick and get more money....besides i think he'll be a heisman frontrunner coming into next year

After seeing this young man run tonight, I always new he had the speed. He did make some tough inside runs also, but a few times he did go down with an arm tackle, he needs to run through them. He also fumbled the ball on a "not so hard hit" to the arm. He was carring the ball low and not up by his chest, this is where he really needs to get better. Yes I'd like to see him stay his senior year. Make a difference of millions.

Guest abovetherim

See the college football board. Bob West has a interesting column in Sunday's Port Arthur New which is on-line tonight. Having talked to guys who are friends of Jamaal's family, I'm betting he is gone.

Remember I stated it on here before Bob West printed it!  ;D

Believe me or not...  I think Reggie Bush has hurt Jamal's draft status...  A fast, nimble back out of the back field that cannot (according to the public eye) run between the tackles will not be desirable because of the lack of success that Reggie has had.  And he is not the fumbler (if that's a word) that Jamal is...  His lack of a good hold on the ball will hurt Jamal but he may be foolish enough to take that chance...  He will not be a first round pick, more like third, and at best late second.  He could be a first rounder next year...  He is not like Vince who was guarenteed top ten, Jamal's stock is iffy... so he should stay another year.  But that should does not mean he will.

I say it all depends on who is calling the plays next year.  If Davis is still the OC, he needs to head to the NFL.  No sense in taking the chance on getting hurt while playing second fiddle to that joke of a QB they have. 

I know a man (co-worker) who is good friends with Shanderick Charles. Shanderick is Jamaal's older brother who had a career ending injury at SMU. I was told if he is told he'll be a 1st or early 2nd round pick he'll be headed to the NFL. Take it with a grain of salt but this is what I've heard.

[/quot

I wasn't familiar with S.E. Texas football and I had remembered the Charles running back from Port Arthur in early 2000. Then I began to hear about Jamaal a few years ago in high school. I remember wondering why the Charles kid hadn't graduated by then. I didn't know at the time there were two brothers raising hell in football like that.

Guest FreshmanPhenom#17

He needs to come back and mack brown needs to give him the ball about 30 to 40 times a games and he will get about 120 t0 160 yards a game

There is no way playes should turn down million dollar contracts these days.  Even if things don't work out as well, you should have enough money for tuition, made good business contacts, and enough money for a downpayment on a business. You stand a chance of getting injured in college. Plus colleges don't pay enough for your services.

• 2 weeks later...
I hope Jamaal can still decide in the 72hr period that underclassmen that have declared for the draft to come back for his senior year. Look at the backs in the draft this year. McFadden, J. Stewart, M.Hart, R.Rice, Mendenhall, F.Jones, S. Slayton and the list goes on and on. He's probably barely a top 10 back in the draft which puts him into the 3rd round or later. Hopefully he can still come back and not go into the draft. His stock would certainly be higher next season. Besides Beanie Wells from Ohio State, I dont' see any backs that may be in next years draft that are head and shoulders above Jamaal. This year is a different story.

A friend of mine from Liberty, Reggie White was a very good RB at Oklahoma State several years back. After a great junior year he declared for the draft. He was a "projected" middle round pick. Certain circumstances helped influence this decision including a young back at OSU named Tatum Bell that he would share time with him during his senior season. He declared and went undrafted and bounced around as a free agent and never really stuck anywhere. I'm not saying this will happen to J.Charles, but you should project as a top 3 round player or not take the chance if you still have eligibility left. Just my opinion.

Well Jamal has witness injury totally destroying a career personally...  His Older brother, Shanderrick, was on track to re-write every record at SMU before a neck injury.  So the kid is cautious of career ending injuries and I think he is making the choice based on those fears.  In some mock drafts they have Jamal as a top 5 back...  rated higher than Slaton, Jones and Heart

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin