**DAYTON vs. LAKE TRAVIS SEMI FINAL PREDICTIONS?/KYLE FIELD/TONIGHT!!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4A-II

Wichita Falls Rider (12-1) vs. Everman (13-0) 8:00 Saturday, Texas Stadium

Highland Park (13-0) vs. Everman/WF Rider

Dayton (10-3) vs. Lake Travis

HIGHLAND PARK AND EVERMAN ARE THE REAL DEAL IN THE DFW AREA. SEE OUR DFW BOARD AT www.dfwhssports.com for more info on these teams.

As is the case in most big games like this...

The best defense wins.

I got to go with the Broncos with that one....

This will be the first passing team we will have faced since Nederland.

You got to think that Coach Hancock and Stewart will find a way to slow them down.

It is simply amazing that Dayton's QB simply doesn't have any pressure on him during the whole game!

He really hasn't come close to getting sacked.

If Greg has that kind of time in ANY game, Powell and Dugat WILL get open.

I don't think any team that is left can match up on those two with quality corner backs.

dayton 58

lake travis 50

this is a cant miss game there may be a 100 points scored

i honestly think we can hold their offense down next week. i think we will get to our original game plan and slow them down. like the old saying is" turn-overs can kill you" looks like some fumble drills are due lol. we'll be ok. i think our offense will come out smoking. dayton by 21

Waller did a good of job of slowing down the run,but G.Charles had all kinds of time.The score really did not indicate how the game really was,as the broncos drove deep in the first qtr.instead of a short field goal att.they fail on 4th down & turn the ball over.Dayton controlled the football for the better part of the 1 st.half.two costly turnover by the broncos gave the bulldogs exc.field position in the 3rd.qtr.allowing a momentum swing to waller.Waller is a very physical team,and proved they deserved a chance to win,but the bronco defense rose to the occasion to slow them down.this was a great game  for all.congradulations to waller,good luck to the seniors who will be getting scholarships to play @ the next level.GO BRONCOS BRING A STATE TITLE BACK TO S.E TEXAS & thank all the team players & parents from other towns for your attendance & support. Please come again.to my knowledge Texas City lost to Austin lake travis 32-31 in game 1 this year,and I think it was Texas City's only loss in the reg.season.

Waller did a good of job of slowing down the run,but G.Charles had all kinds of time.The score really did not indicate how the game really was,as the broncos drove deep in the first qtr.instead of a short field goal att.they fail on 4th down & turn the ball over.Dayton controlled the football for the better part of the 1 st.half.two costly turnover by the broncos gave the bulldogs exc.field position in the 3rd.qtr.allowing a momentum swing to waller.Waller is a very physical team,and proved they deserved a chance to win,but the bronco defense rose to the occasion to slow them down.this was a great game  for all.congradulations to waller,good luck to the seniors who will be getting scholarships to play @ the next level.GO BRONCOS BRING A STATE TITLE BACK TO S.E TEXAS & thank all the team players & parents from other towns for your attendance & support. Please come again.to my knowledge Texas City lost to Austin lake travis 32-31 in game 1 this year,and I think it was Texas City's only loss in the reg.season.

Let the Waller game be a wake-up call about turnover's.  Didn't you have a few a in the other games but really didn't effect the outcome.  Not NO MORE! 

Keep FOCUSED and bring home the TROPHY to SE TX!  Come on young men get you all a BIG SHINY RING!

DAYTON BRONCO'S STATE CHAMPIONS!!!!!

Just what do you mean by that comment? I thought the score was pretty indicative of how it was played. A one touchdown victory is about how this should be considering Waller outgained Dayton 344-248 and had more first downs, 19-13. I believe the better team won, Dayton made the crucial plays when they needed them. There was no domination here, if that's what you are implying.

Just what do you mean by that comment? I thought the score was pretty indicative of how it was played. A one touchdown victory is about how this should be considering Waller outgained Dayton 344-248 and had more first downs, 19-13. I believe the better team won, Dayton made the crucial plays when they needed them. There was no domination here, if that's what you are implying.

Waller was unable to drive the ball over 60 yards and score.

On the first fumbe in the 3rd quarter, if Dayton maintains possession in all likely hood Dayton drives the field and scores, the route is on.

It is simply amazing that Dayton had 2 turnovers and only 4 offensive playes in the 3rd quarter and still won.

Two dropped passes in the 4th quarter would have been TD's.

Waller did dominate the yardage with the running game, but when given the length of the field to drive they came up scoreless.

Give Waller credit for cashing in on the turnovers, something Texas City wasn't able to do.

Another quarter like the 3rd quarter in the remaining games will probably end Dayton's season.

All 4 remaining teams would be just great state champs.

Very difficult to predict a winner from here on out.

If it comes out to defense, you probably have to give the edge to Dayton.

This is the first time since the LCM game that anyone has put over 2 TD's on Dayton.

THANK YOU!  EXACTLY MY THOUGHTS!

Guest tigersvoice

Waller was unable to drive the ball over 60 yards and score.

On the first fumbe in the 3rd quarter, if Dayton maintains possession in all likely hood Dayton drives the field and scores, the route is on.

It is simply amazing that Dayton had 2 turnovers and only 4 offensive playes in the 3rd quarter and still won.

Two dropped passes in the 4th quarter would have been TD's.

Waller did dominate the yardage with the running game, but when given the length of the field to drive they came up scoreless.

Give Waller credit for cashing in on the turnovers, something Texas City wasn't able to do.

Another quarter like the 3rd quarter in the remaining games will probably end Dayton's season.

All 4 remaining teams would be just great state champs.

Very difficult to predict a winner from here on out.

If it comes out to defense, you probably have to give the edge to Dayton.

This is the first time since the LCM game that anyone has put over 2 TD's on Dayton.

First, I didn't see or hear the game.  But with all my teams OUT now, I'm on the Broncos band wagon.  I've seen games like this one.  The winning team was never behind but the stats finish in favor of the losing team.  Dayton dominated?  Maybe in the first half.  Dayton controlled?  Yes, and did so particularly when they had to - towards the end of the game.  It bothers me that Dayton put up 21 unanswered points and the final was 28 - 21.  Please fix the turnovers this week.  Lake Travis, to my knowledge works out of the spread similar to Dayton but, they are prone to throw first and run later.  Get ready secondary, it could be a real fun night.

no disrespect there COOP but you're dreamin!!!! If Waller had'nt Coughed up the ball, dayton would be playing B ball.

LT 35

broncos 20

If Waller hadn't been tackled by stampeding Broncos they probably wouldn't have coughed up the ball.

The Waller fumbles weren't miscues by the Waller players they were FORCED by PROPER tackling!

Bottom line in the game was that Dayton's defense was BETTER than Waller's defense.

The difference in this game was the defensive edge to Dayton.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder