**DAYTON vs. LAKE TRAVIS SEMI FINAL PREDICTIONS?/KYLE FIELD/TONIGHT!!

There they are.  I knew some of those Lumberton people could not wait to jump on the Broncos.  How you doing with that Dayton envy???  By the way, how is thump, thump going?

no disrespect there COOP but you're dreamin!!!! If Waller had'nt Coughed up the ball, dayton would be playing B ball.

LT 35

broncos 20

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no disrespect there COOP but you're dreamin!!!! If Waller had'nt Coughed up the ball, dayton would be playing B ball.

LT 35

broncos 20

Gotta'love a little crow breath making some comments from the basketball court.  By all means the game was not as close as the score posted.  Waller had an awesome defense but could not handle the spread offense of Dayton.  Dayton had one bonehead mistake with the bobbled punt return and then the forced fumble, both in Dayton territory.  It happens.  I think it was the best thing that could have happened to Dayton.  Now them kids know they can weather the storm and get through a little diversity, heck they've only won like 50 games in a row by more than 30 pts.  I've said this a thousand times but I still can't get over how hard them Broncos were hitting, MAN!  They were absolutely outsized by Waller but Dayton didn't back down and smacked'em in the mouth!  LTrain, LTrain, LTrain.....yeahp.....it still gets on my nerves.

True about the stats.waller for the most part kept it on the ground consuming clock time & gaining yds.Dayton did not run much but the passing game for quick strike yds.does not use much time.G.Charles had all kind of time to throw & good as waller was they never sacked him ,give credit to the line here.both 3rd.qtr.waller tds. came on bronco turnovers on the short end of the field thereby creating a huge momentum swing.The real deal Dayton D rose to the occasion when it got a little close.Remember this Dayton never trailed once in this game.GO BRONCOS.**Austin lake travis supposedly has a offense similar to Dayton,but not so good on defense.

I wouldn't necessarily say it SHOULD have been a blowout for Dayton over Waller.  But, if Dayton doesn't muff the punt early in the third quarter, then I believe it would have been a blowout.  Dayton was up 21-0, stopped Waller again the first possession of the second half, and the route was about to be on.  That's turnovers for you though.

I wouldn't necessarily say it SHOULD have been a blowout for Dayton over Waller.  But, if Dayton doesn't muff the punt early in the third quarter, then I believe it would have been a blowout.  Dayton was up 21-0, stopped Waller again the first possession of the second half, and the route was about to be on.  That's turnovers for you though.

I agree!

Guest TravelingBandsman

I've heard Lake Travis doesn't have the best defense but a pretty good passing offense. Well, Dayton has an exceptional defense and an exceptional offense in many means. If their defense can't control our option then we start racking up the score. We're better at stopping the run than the pass so we need to focus on that passing defense and force some interceptions so they try to run, then we'll shut them down.

Time to show these rich city kids how country boys play football.

Two of the top rated qb's that had over 1800 reg.season pass yds.got 48 & 91 passing yds.against.Dayton.We match up great.teams have had little success passing as Dayton secondary has played great all year & putting heat on the qb with a good pass rush. #8 & #14 are always very nearby.Dayton will be ready to hit & tackle w/pop.

From the score last week, Lake Travis' defense doesn't appear extremely strong...that was high scoring affair.  I don't know what the score will be, but Dayton should pull this one out.  Kudos to Dayton because it says something when a team loses its starting QB and is able to do as well as they have this season...says alot about a team and coaching staff.

Bring it home Dayton...if at all possible, we'll try to be at Kyle Field cheering you on. ;D

I agree!

If the Broncos learned anything from those two fumbles, it is how just one play can drastically change the course of a game.

If Dayton does field that punt, it is a sure bet they drive the field and score, and as previously stated, the score probably ends up being 42 or 49 to 0 in another Dayton landslide victory.

However, the comeback in the 4th quarter did make the Broncos a better team, now they know they can perform against a team with momentum when the game is on the line.

This game will come down to who can stop the other inside the 20.

Dayton has done this better than ANYBODY in the WHOLE state in 4A.

Dayton must avoid turnovers.  If either team has more than 3 turnovers this Friday, it will probably end their season.

i would really like 2 see dayton win state but i dont think they'll bring this one home they are playing great football but dey having faced da talent of someone like Garrett Gilbert dat kid is an all-american n i dont think dayton have faced one dis yr but maybe dugat n da broncos can pull dis one out but my money is on Lake Travis no disrespect 2 dayton tho

i would really like 2 see dayton win state but i dont think they'll bring this one home they are playing great football but dey having faced da talent of someone like Garrett Gilbert dat kid is an all-american n i dont think dayton have faced one dis yr but maybe dugat n da broncos can pull dis one out but my money is on Lake Travis no disrespect 2 dayton tho

guess theres 2 sides to every argument no disrespect but i hope ur on the looosing side of this one or should i say "i think dey b maybe is gonna b win dis"

LT 35

broncos 20

IF the Queen had a set then she would be King---with 13 seconds on the clock and ZERO timeouts it is highly unlikely that Waller even gets off a play--GAME OVER

BUT-Look at what had to happen to give Waller a chance:

1. Smesny muffs a punt

2. Galbe fumbles on first play of next series

3. Dugat drops an easy TD pass

4. Charles throws an int

5. AND a very generous spot to give Waller a first down

Any one of these things do not happen and the game is over--WALLER GOT LUCKY TO MAKE IT CLOSE!

I have no bitterness towards the Broncos and I wish the  Broncos team the best of luck Friday.I was wrong for the name calling, But i'm not just going to sit here and let some of your fans act like we didn't even belong there friday night.It was a great game and we are more than proud!The score could have gotten alot worse but all the things that happened to get Waller back in the game are part of the game.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124