Huffman 52 West Orange-Stark 47/FINAL

21 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Mustangs went 1/26 from three

Huffman was 12/30 from FT line

This was some ugly basketball

4 hours ago, buccaneers4lyfe said:

It looks like WOS was one of the more improved teams in the area this year, from one of the worst teams in the area to a playoff team is a pretty dramatic improvement.

Improvement that could've been in the 2nd round if they would've been more disciplined and not gunning up the 25 misses from long range. Am I wrong? @AggiesAreWe?

14 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Improvement that could've been in the 2nd round if they would've been more disciplined and not gunning up the 25 misses from long range. Am I wrong? @AggiesAreWe?

I agree. The game was close enough that it wasn't necessary to shoot that many three's.

Speaking of those three's, it was not just the fact they missed 25 of them and only making one but it was how they missed them. I am pretty sure 10-12 of those misses never touched the rim. At least 7-8 of them were complete airballs and some only hit the backboard, never touching the rim. It was atrocious. 

Like I said, it was some very ugly basketball.

31 minutes ago, JimThorpe said:

For what it’s worth they now have the best high school facility in the area.  That’s got to count for something.  If they pack it out it could be a tough place to go play.

Thanks. We love it. Doesn't even smell like smoke 🔥

Bc vs Lcm in the playoffs is only way it gets packed. But they know better than to contribute to the delinquency of a program. They wouldn't use that facility if it was free.

33 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I agree. The game was close enough that it wasn't necessary to shoot that many three's.

Speaking of those three's, it was not just the fact they missed 25 of them and only making one but it was how they missed them. I am pretty sure 10-12 of those misses never touched the rim. At least 7-8 of them were complete airballs and some only hit the backboard, never touching the rim. It was atrocious. 

Like I said, it was some very ugly basketball.

So did they get any points off those 25 rebounds? You dont have to answer. Those are things that I may have overlooked. But for you sir, someone that has seen 1000s of games, tournaments, and UiL championships. I know u speak the truth.

48 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

The FT count was Huffman's. Missed 18 FT's or this would have been a double digit win for Huffman.

That’s what I’m talking about. WOS don’t foul that much, things could have been a lot different. 

14 minutes ago, STiger85 said:

That’s what I’m talking about. WOS don’t foul that much, things could have been a lot different. 

Huffman only made 12 FT's. WO-S made 10 so that wasn't that much of a difference.

Now the attempts were much different.

5 minutes ago, STiger85 said:

So, if WOS doesn't give them the opportunity.  

Huffman did not win this game from the FT line. That's a fact.

WO-S lost this game because of their inability to shoot the ball accurately.

If Huffman has a normal shooting night from FT line this game isn't close.