Time for LTrain posts to cease......

7mary3

I'm tired of getting on here and reading new posts about Lumberton, yada yada yada yada......All it's doing is taking away from the Dayton/Waller matchup this coming week.  The LTrain is OVER, they are playing basketball right now so lets just let it GO!  Now lets get to the issue at hand.  Waller has this DT Eddie Brown thats getting alot of hype.  Is he really that good?  What did he do against the previous playoff teams?  They're QB Phillips, what's he capable of?  Good enought to beat Dayton's D?  Are there any other players on Waller that make Waller stand above Dayton?  Two players can't beat a team.  Enlighten me. LTrain? Who? 

That is a lot of demanding for someone that has been on the boards for a week.

Here is a clue, if you don't like reading about Lumberton, skip their threads and posts. Otherwise, let them post what they want. I don't like reading much about Lumberton either..... so I don't read their threads. It's really not that hard.

That is a lot of demanding for someone that has been on the boards for a week.

Here is a clue, if you don't like reading about Lumberton, skip their threads and posts. Otherwise, let them post what they want. I don't like reading much about Lumberton either..... so I don't read their threads. It's really not that hard.

Lol, thats it?

i kinda got tired of them at first, but most of them are good-natured and fun, and i've had fun on here going back and forth with the lumberton fans.  tvc is right, you don't have to read them.  as for these threads taking away from the dayton/waller game, why don't you take it upon yourself to start up some threads about that game.  there are a lot of dayton fans on the site, and most of SETX is behind dayton right now.  if you start some dayton threads, i'm sure you'll find that there are plenty that are willing to talk about it. 

Sorry, Mary, this newbie signed up to talk about Lumberton. We haven't been in this area long, so I don't know that much about the other teams. My son is a senior at Lumberton, I've had a blast following them.

Of course, I could also throw in a shout out to my Kelly Dawgs... another awesome group of kids who played their hearts out this season. Does that also bother you?? LOL

What can I say?  Gotta love Texas football!!  ;D

i kinda got tired of them at first, but most of them are good-natured and fun, and i've had fun on here going back and forth with the lumberton fans.  tvc is right, you don't have to read them.  as for these threads taking away from the dayton/waller game, why don't you take it upon yourself to start up some threads about that game.  there are a lot of dayton fans on the site, and most of SETX is behind dayton right now.  if you start some dayton threads, i'm sure you'll find that there are plenty that are willing to talk about it. 

Let's see, 9 posts and not the first answer reference Waller.  Maybe I should take all of you Senior's "forum clinic" and then maybe I could fit in and get responses.  Man, you get hammered for stirring the pot.  No really, I enjoy reading the Lumberton posts too but GEEZ!  That's all I'm going to say on that because GEEZ!  Did I already say GEEZ?  I guess I just need some direction since i'm so not deserving of being up there with the SENIORS in posting, I guess I just need to pucker up and do some kissing of the bootee like the rest of the posters reference Lumberton.  Lol, man ya'll kill me.  No really, anything on the Waller Bulldogs would so be appreciated.

AT the nike camp in fort worth last april, i was asking the college coaches what hs teams were the ones to watch out for this season... without a doubt the most consistent response was waller which was consistently compared to the brenham teams in terms of eye-ball talent ...

here was my friday night recap of week 13 on texasprepxtra.com for rivals

DAYTON, WALLER HEAD TO MATCHUP

David McNabb

TexasPrepXtra.com Staff

The Class 4A state title picture cleared considerably with Dayton, Waller, Highland Park and Lake Travis advancing to the Division II regional finals.

Dayton and Waller play 7:30 Friday at Cypress' Berry Center.

In Division I, Copperas Cove looked strong in advancing past upstart McKinney Boyd. All other DI 4A regional finals are Saturday.

Highland Park will meet the West Mesquite-Red Oak winner next Friday at Texas Stadium in the Region II final. Highland Park defeated West Mesquite 38-20 in their district finale.

Waller senior DT Eddie Brown leads the way to the a Class 4A regional final against Dayton.

Dayton and Waller will meet in the Region III final next week. Waller got 200 yards rushing from Jeremy Phillips in their 42-14 win over Lumberton. Phillips has committed to North Texas as a defensive back. His brother Jason is a standout defensive back at TCU.

Waller also has one of the state's top uncommitted recruits in defensive tackle Eddie Brown.

Dayton's record-setting year has come after standout quarterback Cody Green went out with an injury and Gregory Charles has filled in well. Dayton relies heavily on A.J. Dugat as well.

Friday scores (final unless noted)

Class 5A

North Shore 45, Cy Fair 31

Smithson Valley 55 Harlingen South 7

Class 4A

Copperas Cove 48, McKinney Boyd 26

WF Rider 56, Estacado 0

Highland Park 36, South Oak Cliff 13

Dayton 43, Livingston 0

Waller 42, Lumberton 14

Lake Travis 45, Calallen 14

Beeville 24, Steele 10

Class 3A

Abilene Wylie 28, Andrews 14

Celina 50, Pittsburg 23

La Vega 20, West Orange Stark 12

China Spring 35, Kirbyville 14

Palacios 31, Llano 20

Liberty Hill 48, Navasota 14

Class 2A

Early 17, Littlefield 14

Farmersville 42, Caddo Mills 6

Tatum 20, Newton 16

Elysian Fields 20, Crawford 3

Refugio 21, East Bernard 14

Altair Rice 29, Stockdale 28

Arp 24, Corrigan Camden 28

Class 1A

Alto 47, Joaquin 6

Bremond 21, D'Hanis 14

Granger 35, Shiner 28

Harper 32, Sabinal 0

Maud 20, Cayuga 12

Tenaha 50, Grapeland 27

Windthorst 39, Goldthwaite 15

SIX-MAN

Gustine 67, Zephyr 56

Jayton 56, Sanderson 8

Matador Motley County 42, Follett 30

Rankin 50, Lenorah Grady 29

Richland Springs 76, Calvert 26

Rule 59, Turkey Valley 14

Trinidad 69, Abbott 24

Woodson 89, Vernon Northside 60

AT the nike camp in fort worth last april, i was asking the college coaches what hs teams were the ones to watch out for this season... without a doubt the most consistent response was waller which was consistently compared to the brenham teams in terms of eye-ball talent ...

here was my friday night recap of week 13 on texasprepxtra.com for rivals

DAYTON, WALLER HEAD TO MATCHUP

David McNabb

TexasPrepXtra.com Staff

The Class 4A state title picture cleared considerably with Dayton, Waller, Highland Park and Lake Travis advancing to the Division II regional finals.

Dayton and Waller play 7:30 Friday at Cypress' Berry Center.

In Division I, Copperas Cove looked strong in advancing past upstart McKinney Boyd. All other DI 4A regional finals are Saturday.

Highland Park will meet the West Mesquite-Red Oak winner next Friday at Texas Stadium in the Region II final. Highland Park defeated West Mesquite 38-20 in their district finale.

Waller senior DT Eddie Brown leads the way to the a Class 4A regional final against Dayton.

Dayton and Waller will meet in the Region III final next week. Waller got 200 yards rushing from Jeremy Phillips in their 42-14 win over Lumberton. Phillips has committed to North Texas as a defensive back. His brother Jason is a standout defensive back at TCU.

Waller also has one of the state's top uncommitted recruits in defensive tackle Eddie Brown.

Dayton's record-setting year has come after standout quarterback Cody Green went out with an injury and Gregory Charles has filled in well. Dayton relies heavily on A.J. Dugat as well.

Friday scores (final unless noted)

Class 5A

North Shore 45, Cy Fair 31

Smithson Valley 55 Harlingen South 7

Class 4A

Copperas Cove 48, McKinney Boyd 26

WF Rider 56, Estacado 0

Highland Park 36, South Oak Cliff 13

Dayton 43, Livingston 0

Waller 42, Lumberton 14

Lake Travis 45, Calallen 14

Beeville 24, Steele 10

Class 3A

Abilene Wylie 28, Andrews 14

Celina 50, Pittsburg 23

La Vega 20, West Orange Stark 12

China Spring 35, Kirbyville 14

Palacios 31, Llano 20

Liberty Hill 48, Navasota 14

Class 2A

Early 17, Littlefield 14

Farmersville 42, Caddo Mills 6

Tatum 20, Newton 16

Elysian Fields 20, Crawford 3

Refugio 21, East Bernard 14

Altair Rice 29, Stockdale 28

Arp 24, Corrigan Camden 28

Class 1A

Alto 47, Joaquin 6

Bremond 21, D'Hanis 14

Granger 35, Shiner 28

Harper 32, Sabinal 0

Maud 20, Cayuga 12

Tenaha 50, Grapeland 27

Windthorst 39, Goldthwaite 15

SIX-MAN

Gustine 67, Zephyr 56

Jayton 56, Sanderson 8

Matador Motley County 42, Follett 30

Rankin 50, Lenorah Grady 29

Richland Springs 76, Calvert 26

Rule 59, Turkey Valley 14

Trinidad 69, Abbott 24

Woodson 89, Vernon Northside 60

Dayton isnt the only standout team apparently. Is Ryder in the same division as Dayton?

I'm tired of getting on here and reading new posts about Lumberton, yada yada yada yada......All it's doing is taking away from the Dayton/Waller matchup this coming week.  The LTrain is OVER, they are playing basketball right now so lets just let it GO!  Now lets get to the issue at hand.  Waller has this DT Eddie Brown thats getting alot of hype.  Is he really that good?  What did he do against the previous playoff teams?  They're QB Phillips, what's he capable of?  Good enought to beat Dayton's D?  Are there any other players on Waller that make Waller stand above Dayton?  Two players can't beat a team.  Enlighten me. LTrain? Who? 

??? ??? ???

Let's see, 9 posts and not the first answer reference Waller.  Maybe I should take all of you Senior's "forum clinic" and then maybe I could fit in and get responses.  Man, you get hammered for stirring the pot.  No really, I enjoy reading the Lumberton posts too but GEEZ!  That's all I'm going to say on that because GEEZ!  Did I already say GEEZ?  I guess I just need some direction since i'm so not deserving of being up there with the SENIORS in posting, I guess I just need to pucker up and do some kissing of the bootee like the rest of the posters reference Lumberton.  Lol, man ya'll kill me.  No really, anything on the Waller Bulldogs would so be appreciated.

i found your response a bit confusing, but it sounds like you want threads over waller?  unless they move them to southeast texas, i don't know what you expect.  other than the statistics and talk about a matchup with dayton, we don't have a whole lot of reason to talk about them.  and as for the senior thing, all you have to do is keep posting, and then you can join the ever so exclusive club.

Guest tigersvoice

i found your response a bit confusing, but it sounds like you want threads over waller?  unless they move them to southeast texas, i don't know what you expect.  other than the statistics and talk about a matchup with dayton, we don't have a whole lot of reason to talk about them.  and as for the senior thing, all you have to do is keep posting, and then you can join the ever so exclusive club.

You can go to www.waller.isd.esc4.net/ and find out most any thing about the Waller Bulldogs.

I'm going to have to disagree, Dayton doesn't RELY on anyone.  The perceived reliance on AJ is just due to the fact that he's amazing with the ball in his hands.  Just like the rest of Dayton, on paper he's not all that impressive - 6'0" 200 lbs (maybe) 4.8 40.  Fortunately, football is not played on paper.  Defensive Tackles can dominate all night...what's that gonna do against a team that runs 4 wides and throws about 65% of the time and very seldom runs up the middle.  Dayton's biggest lineman is only about 240...not exactly the formula for running the Nebraska veer.

As for the L-Train - Keep posting, that's what this forum is for.

I'm going to have to disagree, Dayton doesn't RELY on anyone.  The perceived reliance on AJ is just due to the fact that he's amazing with the ball in his hands.  Just like the rest of Dayton, on paper he's not all that impressive - 6'0" 200 lbs (maybe) 4.8 40.  Fortunately, football is not played on paper.  Defensive Tackles can dominate all night...what's that gonna do against a team that runs 4 wides and throws about 65% of the time and very seldom runs up the middle.  Dayton's biggest lineman is only about 240...not exactly the formula for running the Nebraska veer.

As for the L-Train - Keep posting, that's what this forum is for.

Obviously, you  havn't seen Dayton play too much.  Dugat does not run no darn 4.8...better try 4.6 or 4.5.

You can go to www.waller.isd.esc4.net/ and find out most any thing about the Waller Bulldogs.

Appreciate it Senior Tiger sir, Waller has a pretty good website regarding their school district and athletics.  Looks like the Big D is going to have their hands full with Waller's big defensive tackle.  Gonna have to say Dayton by 14.

Appreciate it Senior Tiger sir, Waller has a pretty good website regarding their school district and athletics.  Looks like the Big D is going to have their hands full with Waller's big defensive tackle.  Gonna have to say Dayton by 14.

yea.. only he wont be playin DT.. he played a lot of LB against Lumberton. and he was in the Backfield on Offense......

I think it was great to have all the posts about Lumberton and think its sad that anyone would act like it was wrong to have some fun supporting a SETX team....but as you have asked a question maybe I can answer it....I have only seen #19 once(last week)...I really didn't think he was anything spectacular....a great football player yes....the reason Waller is where they are...in no way...he can be stopped when he is on offense just as easy as anyone else that plays in that level...many in SETX I think play to that level....on D I honestly didn't think he had anything other than size and intensity....he will make plays....he is a good defensive player but he can't single handedly win the game this week....

My prediction is that if Dayton plays like they have the last part of this season...Waller will be no problem....I have heard from everyone who talked to players say that Dayton is the hardest hitting team they played....Waller is a hard hitting team and I think one of the first to step up to the intensity that Lumberton was playing with....

Basically....I wouldn't worry too much about one player....youv'e got a team of great(fast hard hitting intense) players in Waller....but nothing Dayton can't handle in my opinion

I think it was great to have all the posts about Lumberton and think its sad that anyone would act like it was wrong to have some fun supporting a SETX team....but as you have asked a question maybe I can answer it....I have only seen #19 once(last week)...I really didn't think he was anything spectacular....a great football player yes....the reason Waller is where they are...in no way...he can be stopped when he is on offense just as easy as anyone else that plays in that level...many in SETX I think play to that level....on D I honestly didn't think he had anything other than size and intensity....he will make plays....he is a good defensive player but he can't single handedly win the game this week....

My prediction is that if Dayton plays like they have the last part of this season...Waller will be no problem....I have heard from everyone who talked to players say that Dayton is the hardest hitting team they played....Waller is a hard hitting team and I think one of the first to step up to the intensity that Lumberton was playing with....

Basically....I wouldn't worry too much about one player....youv'e got a team of great(fast hard hitting intense) players in Waller....but nothing Dayton can't handle in my opinion

Yeah.....I guess that's why every Big D1 college is looking at him. Because he's nothing spectacular. Keep believing that.....You'll see on Friday night.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    telexa
    Newest Member
    telexa