BRONCOS 22-4A OR 21-4A

Where "would" you want the Broncos placed  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Where "would" you want the Broncos placed

• DAYTON STAYS IN 22-4A
    • DAYTON MOVES TO 21-4A

With realignment coming up in a couple of months....

Dayton fans...

It would be nice to play the local area teams if we move to 21-4A, the driving is less, but....

The competition STINKS.  Dayton would roll through this district in football, but yet would struggle in the playoffs (as in the past) due to the weak level of play in 21-4A.

or....

Stay in 22-4A, we have to drive, but the kids get to play in front of packed stadiums, the local Beaumont stations do come to our home games, we get to listen to KLVI smack attack after the games while driving home, if you are griping about NO MEDIA coverage, then you better hope we stay in 22-4A because the Houston media doesn't even acknowledge 21-4A.  In my opinion, 22-4A is the BIG 12 or SEC while 21-4A is worse than the WAC.  We play against stronger teams which helps us down the road.

To those in Beaumont....

Get rid of Dayton and one of the locals is gauranteed to win district.  Looks like you would trade Dayton for Barbers Hill.

or....

Keep Dayton in 22-4A.  That means you get to play in a much better stadium (Dayton's is much much better than Barbers Hill.)  Dayton adds a very quality team to your district which increases the level of play.  Dayton is much more likely over the next two years to have a good shot at a long run in the playoffs.

To me....

21-4A's Galena Park used it's political influence to get us out of 21-4A two years ago.

The Friday vote on the last game of the regular season was a huge indicator that the superintendants don't want Dayton in 22-4A.

Who would have more political influence on the placement committee....

I don't understand why they would switch us and Barbers Hill.

To me it makes more since to leave those two schools where they are, but my gut tells me they won't.

I would hope we stay in 22-4A, I just think it's better for the kids to play in a district where the communities support the schools and the level of play is better.

Would love for everyone to vote and express your opinion on this.

I feel like they will move us back into old district. BH maybe the new guy in the Beaumont area.

That's what I think will happen also...

It really doesn't make since to do switch the teams...

You still have one team having to travel, roughly the same distance.

Will be interesting to see how it unfolds.

I really hope we can stay put.

That's what I think will happen also...

It really doesn't make since to do switch the teams...

You still have one team having to travel, roughly the same distance.

Will be interesting to see how it unfolds.

I really hope we can stay put.

Yeah, we have done well in 22-4A. I love the fan support and competition but, I really do think they are going to lean towards moving BH east.

What I see happening is, with 2 of the Baytown schools dropping down to 4A and the possibility of  Channelview going back to 4A , the UIL will have to consider one of these two districts to be a 10 team district. The UIL doesn't like odd numbered districts.

21-4A

Barbers Hill

C.E. King

Galena Park

Forest Brook

Crosby

Channelview

Smiley

Baytown Lee

Baytown Memorial

Huffman

22-4A

Dayton

LCM

PNG

Ozen

Central

Vidor

Lumberton

Nederland

That leaves Dayton and Barbers Hill as the swing teams. You could leave Dayton and Barbers Hill right where they are and 21-4A would be the 10 team district or you could move Barbers Hill and Huffman to 22-4A and make that district the 10 team district. Everything depends on where the 2 Baytown schools end up enrollment wise and if Channelview does go back down.

What I see happening is, with 2 of the Baytown schools dropping down to 4A and the possibility of  Channelview going back to 4A , the UIL will have to consider one of these two districts to be a 10 team district. The UIL doesn't like odd numbered districts.

21-4A

Barbers Hill

C.E. King

Galena Park

Forest Brook

Crosby

Channelview

Smiley

Baytown Lee

Baytown Memorial

Huffman

22-4A

Dayton

LCM

PNG

Ozen

Central

Vidor

Lumberton

Nederland

That leaves Dayton and Barbers Hill as the swing teams. You could leave Dayton and Barbers Hill right where they are and 21-4A would be the 10 team district or you could move Barbers Hill and Huffman to 22-4A and make that district the 10 team district. Everything depends on where the 2 Baytown schools end up enrollment wise and if Channelview does go back down.

thanks for the information...

It will be interesting to see how this ends up.

21-4A

Barbers Hill

C.E. King

Galena Park

Forest Brook

Crosby

Channelview

Smiley

Baytown Lee

Baytown Memorial

Huffman

22-4A

Dayton

LCM

PNG

Ozen

Central

Vidor

Lumberton

Nederland

Word is, Baytown Lee is staying 5A because of all the grandfather clause stuff. I believe they let the kids all the way down to the sophmore level pick where they wanted to finish.

oh well,either way in case you have not taken a long drive around the dayton area,folks are moving this way,building subdiv.on blocks of farm land as we have fewer farmers left.example: huffman put in lockshire,idlelock subdivions back in the 70,s.it did not delevop until recently.the commons subd.down the road is sold out & others are building nearby.when i was in high school in the late 60,s humble had 1,600 residents and a 2a school.they have 3-5a high schools,huffman moved to 4a this yr.their  is a newly const.bridge in the making past the commons to tie in to n.end of kingwood.to top that off the expansion on us hiway 105 a link to north liberty co.-hardin co-jefferson co-louisiana is currently under const,w/a plat on record at texas dept.transportation,liberty,tx.office to expand us 105 @hiway 321 @tarkington due west by n/west to tie into us 59-us 45-beltway/290 to I-10 in the next 5 yrs & will be new business 105,allowing traffic to ease in local towns @ direct flow of heavy trucks deliveries from katy to bmt.-pt.arthur-louisiana plants @ refineries.dayton should see new companies,residents building big time in the north-west area.timber is already being cleared in thous.acres.hang on for the ride,dayton probably will have to build yet another high school @ will step up again to a 5a classifcation.i have seen the plat @ liberty tx.dot office.i live on 105 in far n.east liberty co.w/690' hiway frontage @ 17 acres.land.another thing this same area had seismic people stringing cables,drilling holes & blasting as the big oil folks know their is deep oil/gas out here.it is called n.hull field.approx.150 yds.from my east property line there was a oil/gas well ,the only 1 this side of batson,tx.that made over 200 bbls.a day till they got geedy,wanted more and collapsed the well & abandoned it.i know,i sold oil tools here 1975-1985.the oil bbl did not leave,but they kept it good and quiet.multiply 200 bbls.oil a day x 100.00 a bbl.i am afraid they may want to drill on my land.unfortunate to me i do not have any minerals.watch for drilling activity to pick up in n.e liberty and hardin county.they may have located the major undergroung oil pools that  tie all these salt domesfrom huffman-n.dayton-hardin-hull-schwab city/segno-batson-saratoga-kountze-village mills-louisiana together.they always thought it was nearby.but now the price is more than worth the risk to explore the area.hang on to your hat/hold on to your minerals if you have any.good luck liltex

21-4A

Barbers Hill

C.E. King

Galena Park

Forest Brook

Crosby

Channelview

Smiley

Baytown Lee

Baytown Memorial

Huffman

22-4A

Dayton

LCM

PNG

Ozen

Central

Vidor

Lumberton

Nederland

I thought Huffman was moving down to 3a

Guest TravelingBandsman

If Channelview goes down, they might stick them in the La Marque/Texas City/Friendswood district. I could see it like this.

I think it'll look like this for Region III

District 17-4A

Austin Crockett

Austin Johnson

Austin Johnston

Austin Lanier

Austin McCallum

Austin Reagan

Austin Travis

Elgin

Manor

District 18-4A

Brenham

Conroe Caney Creek

Huntsville

Livingston

Montgomery

Waller

Willis

District 19-4A

Houston Furr

Houston Jones

Houston Kashmere

Houston Scarborough

Houston Sterling

Houston Wheatley

Houston Worthing

District 20-4A

Houston Austin

Houston Davis

Houston Reagan

Houston Sharpstown

Houston Waltrip

Houston Washington

Houston Yates

District 21-4A

Crosby

Galena Park

North Forest Smiley

North Forest Forest Brook

Sheldon King

Dayton

Barbers Hill

Baytown Memorial

District 22-4A

Beaumont Central

Beaumont Ozen

Lumberton

Nederland

Little Cypress-Mauriceville

Port Neches-Groves

Vidor

District 23-4A

Angleton

Freeport Brazosport

Channelview

Friendswood

La Marque

Santa Fe

Texas City

District 24-4A

Bay City

El Campo

Katy Seven Lakes

Richmond Foster

Rosenberg Lamar Consolidated

Rosenberg Terry

Although I would want Dayton to stay in 22-4A, it would be nice if...

District 21-4A

Crosby

Galena Park

North Forest Smiley

North Forest Forest Brook

Sheldon King

Dayton

Barbers Hill

Baytown Memorial

District 22-4A

Beaumont Central

Beaumont Ozen

Lumberton

Nederland

Little Cypress-Mauriceville

Port Neches-Groves

Vidor

That would put Crosby, Dayton, and Barbers Hill together.

Sure would be much easier on the wallet and kids if you guys come back this way. That is why I do not want to go down bc of all the driving that it will entail.

21-4A

Barbers Hill

C.E. King

Galena Park

Forest Brook

Crosby

Channelview

Smiley

Baytown Lee

Baytown Memorial

Huffman

22-4A

Dayton

LCM

PNG

Ozen

Central

Vidor

Lumberton

Nederland

Huffman going to 3-A and Baytown Lee will likely stay 5-A.  Dick Olin (Lee) is trying hard to stay 5-A and he usually gets what he wants.  I say Dayton is back to old district.   

Guest TravelingBandsman

Sorry, didn't take into account Dickinson and New Caney. With that, and everything else remaining the same, I would see these 3 districts different than before...

District 18-4A

Brenham

Conroe Caney Creek

Huntsville

Livingston

Montgomery

Waller

Willis

District 23-4A

Angleton

Channelview

Friendswood