BRONCOS 22-4A OR 21-4A

Where "would" you want the Broncos placed  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Where "would" you want the Broncos placed

• DAYTON STAYS IN 22-4A
    • DAYTON MOVES TO 21-4A

Although I would want Dayton to stay in 22-4A, it would be nice if...

District 21-4A

Crosby

Galena Park

North Forest Smiley

North Forest Forest Brook

Sheldon King

Dayton

Barbers Hill

Baytown Memorial

District 22-4A

Beaumont Central

Beaumont Ozen

Lumberton

Nederland

Little Cypress-Mauriceville

Port Neches-Groves

Vidor

That would put Crosby, Dayton, and Barbers Hill together.

This looks pretty good to me.  Having said that, the UIL could never do something this logical. 

Hey Purple , Dont Knoock BH we have had some good teams. This year was a rebuild year delux , BH will be back ask Dayton's 7th and 8th grade ;D

It will take some time due to BH's size ,but mark my word with the growth of the school and the BH tradition BH will be a force in this area when it's all said and done with.

I hope Dayton does come back to 21-4a because the competition is very week. I think with BH, Dayton and the new Baytown School we could actually develope this district into something other than ordinary 8) When BH was in 3A I thought that district was weak ,but this district just doesn't seem to have any heart! That has been evident in the last two year of playoffs.

Whatever happens you can bet the UIL will make it crazy!

Hey Purple , Dont Knoock BH we have had some good teams. This year was a rebuild year delux , BH will be back ask Dayton's 7th and 8th grade ;D

It will take some time due to BH's size ,but mark my word with the growth of the school and the BH tradition BH will be a force in this area when it's all said and done with.

I hope Dayton does come back to 21-4a because the competition is very week. I think with BH, Dayton and the new Baytown School we could actually develope this district into something other than ordinary 8) When BH was in 3A I thought that district was weak ,but this district just doesn't seem to have any heart! That has been evident in the last two year of playoffs.

Whatever happens you can bet the UIL will make it crazy!

i wouldn't mind us coming back to 21-4a if teams like barbers hill, crosby,the new baytown school, etc. could be the makings of a strong district.

Bronco Mom asked a question about travel distance awhile back.  Here's a rough answer.

22-4A teams in Jefferson, Orange & Hardin County travel from 200 (Bmt C. & O.) to 300 (Lumb. & LCM) miles round trip in district per season.  Dayton in 22-4A travels about 525 mi.  BH would travel about 585 mi. in 22-4A.  The difference is much of Dayton's travel is probably on US90 with lots of stop lights & BH is mostly down I-10 (or I-10 & TX 73).  Probably the same travel time.  Unless 22-4A goes to a seven team district, some team will be forced to drive some miles.  With the industrial growth along the Gulf coast, I think Bridge City, Silsbee & WOS could go back to 4A.

Someone posted that they felt that neither 22-4A or 21-4A wanted them.  I wouldn't look at the poll above that way.  I bet most of the votes are to have Dayton IN one district or other.  If anyone wants to know if people want Dayton removed from either district, 2 polls should be set up.  One for 21-4A and the other for 22-4A.  Not sure what purpose it would serve.  Some might say it is fear of a "local" team missing the playoffs.  I would bet that most adults (tax-payers) votes would be based on the mileage which translates to $$$.

My vote was to KEEP Dayton in 22-4A, but I'm not on the UIL committee.

lee will stay 5a

Memorial will become 4a

New Caney becomes 5a

Smiley and Forest Brook combine to make 5a

huffman drops to 3a

that means in 21-4a only three teams will have to be replace

wonder who moves where?

If they pull Dayton out of 21-4A, then 22-4A has an odd number of teams, which the UIL doesn't like...

Looks like by your numbers, one of the districts will have an odd number of teams.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder