Waller 42 Lumberton 14 Final/Comments

KFDM COOP

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

GREAT SEASON RAIDERS! I can remember playing during the Coach Spacek days when we all talked about turning it around. It took 20 years but this group did it! I'm proud of the players and "extremely" proud of my community. I never thought we would support our program like we have this year. It was great for the community and hopefully set the stage for a new era in Raider athletics. However, after reading a few posts earlier (blaming the REFS, etc.) I can only hope that we will not become sore losers. We've been talking smack for weeks now (deservedly so) and we need to be willing to accept a little. No excuses. Waller played hard and derailed the L-Train. Unfortunately, for Waller, Dayton is just around the bend. Good Luck to the Broncos and congrats to the Raiders!!!

Scoring summary

WLR -- 22-yard run from Jeremy Phillips. PAT Kick (Will Garcia), 03:17, 1st.

WLR -- 2-yard pass from Eddie Brown. PAT 2 Pt Pass (Jerrad Jefferson from Jeremy Phillips), 06:42, 1st.

WLR -- 3-yard run from Eddie Brown. PAT Failed kick (), 11:29, 1st.

WLR -- 76-yard run from Jeremy Phillips. PAT Kick (Will Garcia), 07:35, 2nd.

WLR -- 1-yard run from Jeremy Luckett. PAT Kick (Will Garcia), 02:54, 3rd.

LUM -- 1-yard run from Jacob Hanna. PAT Kick (Trace Freeman), 04:39, 3rd.

LUM -- 3-yard run from Bryce DeJohn. PAT Kick (Trace Freeman), 04:17, 4th.

WLR -- 3-yard run from Jeremy Luckett. PAT Kick (Will Garcia), 09:26, 4th.

Team Stats

Lumberton    Waller

Total yards                  328          433

First downs                    19            19

Rushes/Yds                40/208      38/377

Average rush                  5.2          9.92

Comp/Atts                    12/27        2/3

Pass yards                    120          56

Comp pct                    44.44        66.67

Punts                            3              2

Punting Yards                111          54

Punting Average              37            27

Fumbles/Lost                  5/1          1/0

hold your heads high,you had a great run @ made history.as a former bronco from the late 60's you are all winners and show true sportsmanship.the community should hava a ticker tape parade for what they have done.even if the broncos go to state, you guys still beat us fair & square.the same things happen in college @ the pros.celebrate,enjoy & come out to cheer us on as we go forward to represent 22-4a bmt.area.

hold your heads high,you had a great run @ made history.as a former bronco from the late 60's you are all winners and show true sportsmanship.the community should hava a ticker tape parade for what they have done.even if the broncos go to state, you guys still beat us fair & square.the same things happen in college @ the pros.celebrate,enjoy & come out to cheer us on as we go forward to represent 22-4a bmt.area.

Amen and Amen.....

Lumberton can lay claim to two great feats this year...

They are the only team to beat Dayton in 22-4A, and they knocked out the defending state champs.

Great season Lumberton!

To all the high school players and students...

You really don't realize how much you have impacted your community and school district.

There are HUNDREDS of little kids in elementary that have seen you compete and win in the playoffs.

They will never forget this.

They are now more proud to be Raiders than ever before.

I am 41 years old and I still remember the Indian football players from the 1970's when I was in elementary.

You have started something in Lumberton that you can be so proud of.

To all the returning players next year....

You need to do everything you can to build on this season.

Hit the weight room hard and keep on believing!

My gut tells me Dayton will not be in 22-4A next year and the much awaited rematch may not ever occur.

Hold your heads up high.

No matter how your season ended you are all champs to all of us!

NEVER EVER FORGET MY FIRST CLASSROOM RULE....

ALWAYS BELIEVE IN YOURSELF!!!!

Congrats again!

AWEsomely

PURPLE4EVER

bottum line we got out played tonight....no excuses...but i couldnt be prouder of my raiders!!! love u boys

We had a down game and Waller played a great game - They were the better team - No excuses here.

Hold your head up high Raiders, you have been were no other has before.  Great Season!!

When does 2-a-days start?

Okay, first of all, where's the crow, I'm hungry. The L-Train shot itself in the foot on the first kick-off and then once Waller got the ball we found out real quick who came to play. Hats off to the L-Train boys for what they have done and as long as DaBronx keep their game tight maybe we can still brag a little by saying we actually beat last years and this years state champs. Go Broncs and represent our district and area well. As far as Waller, you guys needs to bring out your big can of Whoop-A, them boys running with the ball, and it didn't much matter who it was, fall for 5 yards when you do knock them down. L-Town finally slowed them some in last half of the 3rd quarter but there was no way to repair the damage already done. Who knows as far as rematches go, maybe if the Broncs are moved to another district the coaches will decide to have a go at it in the preseason. If that happens, don't expect the L-Train to cower from you guys.......LOL

I would like to make one comment about the amount of bragging and smacking we Lumberton folks have been doing.....Do you guys remember the first time you    , you probably bragged to all your buddies about it, well the first time in the playoffs is about the same, only no chance of suprise rugrats.........LMAO

just got home at 12:15, setx the raiders just got beat ,plain & simple. wasnt

our best game but waller had something to do with that.  they where just better. its all about matchups & we lost most of them on defense. congrats

to a very fine waller football team. they where a group of talented & well

coached young men . a total class act all the way around. coulndt ask for

a any more from waller. congrats to dayton on another win. these guys will rep our district well next week. i think they will go to state r at least semi-

finals. good luck broncos u can win this game & we will be pulling for u .

i think some teams in the playoffs should watch the end of this game tonight

all players,all coaches, all cheerleaders, shook hands. waller exited to endzone

to celebrate ,not in front of the raiders, but gave us space. no helment throwing,r crap like that . lumberton fans clapped for the waller team for

their efforts. no excuses tonight. thanks u raiders for a tremendous season

u made final 16 & have a 2-1 record in playoffs :o :o :o :o :o, & thanks setx

for all the support for our team & community. by the way, no crow here

fellas, go three deep ,im eating steak on sat. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

what about them raiders. ;)

I believe we got hit harder than we've been hit all year.  Hussey DOES NOT FUMBLE but he did tonight because he got HIT.  They were big and strong and the Bulldogs brought the wood tonight.  No excuses, just facts.  We didn't have our "A" game and they did.  Great year for the Raiders though and I can't wait for the ride next year.

Guest BIG HOUSE

Well my hat goes off to a heck of a WALLER team.Those guys were big,fast and physical,just to much up front..L-TOWN never quit and played hard until the end.We were beaten by a superior team tonight,thats what happened...

i will tell raider nation one thing....we started a tradition this year with the L-train...a trdition of winning for the first time ever...lets keep i up with the tailgate partys, the L-train behind the bus on the way to games, the train horn, and the way this community has come together this season...i couldnt get enough of it and i never wanted it to end...i caint wait till next season GO RAIDERS!!!!

they took us to the woodshed tonight. Im so proud of the class of '08 and i appreciate all they've done for us. they tore down the barrier that Lumberton couldn't ever make it to the playoffs. Congrats to Waller they were physical and didn't let up. All I know is the class of '09 is hungry and we cant wait till next season. Good luck to Dayton

Man, oh man...WHAT A RIDE....

Who forgot to bring the coal for the L-TRAIN?? We ran outta steam before we ever got started. Something just wasn't right tonight---I'm talkin' before the game. The Boys just didn't seem to have the mojo going tonight. I dunno what happened to derail them so badly, but wow, it hurt!

Our boys have absolutely NOTHING to be ahsamed of! They believed, and so did we. They gave it there all.

Sling all the garbage you can, we're ready for that to happen. Just be forewarned, we will NOT apologize for such an AWESOME season.

Congrats to the RAIDERS.........ya'll represented the community exceptionally!!! After the game, there was no pouting, excuses, or any other crap like that........You shook hands and congratulated Waller on a great game(And it was). Way to go Coach Credeur and assistants, thanks for teaching our boys the correct path. Parents, students and others that were on the L-Train, another great night you should be proud of yourselves also!!! I agree with a previous post, that the people who left early should be ASHAMED of themselves!!! Ya'll are the ones who puff your chest out when we're winning and tuck your tail and hide when losing.There is NO EXCUSES for leaving early......We're supposed to be there for OUR BOYS. I'm glad that you don't have boys on the team...........

Dayton, you guys be ready to play, these guys are GOOD! #19 Eddie Brown IS a load, and #7 Jeremy Phillips is very elusive......they'll all pop a hat.....And they represented Waller top notch, good job Coach Phillips.

With all that said, GREAT YEAR GUYS, and good luck to Waller and Dayton........

Wow!  I must say, it was an honor to sit among all those Lumberton fans last night.  You guys were great!  Lumberton had an awesome season and an unbelievable playoff run.  And, it looks like this will be just the beginning of very good things from L-Town for years to come.  You should all be very proud of not ony the team, but all the fans & support groups y'all had this year.  You handled yourself with pride & class - thanks so much for that.

Congrats again on an amazing season!!  I am looking forward to the upcoming season to see where the L-Train takes us next! 

I believe we got hit harder than we've been hit all year.  Hussey DOES NOT FUMBLE but he did tonight because he got HIT.  They were big and strong and the Bulldogs brought the wood tonight.  No excuses, just facts.  We didn't have our "A" game and they did.  Great year for the Raiders though and I can't wait for the ride next year.

As I stated in one of my previous posts thats what Waller has always been known for, hard hitting smash mouth football, and they're good at it.  Welcome to the bigtime LTrain.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kabamok245
    Newest Member
    kabamok245