Waller 42 Lumberton 14 Final/Comments

KFDM COOP

Well, It had to end sometime.  What a great ride though!!  What you guys have done for the community is priceless.  As happy as I am for the team, I am equally as happy for the town of Lumberton.  It has been a long time coming and I can not think of any community more deserving of this expeirence than you.  The support this year was second to none.  Congrats to All!!!

Now, on the game.  I expected us to come out a little flat after such an emotional high last week.  But, I thought we would settle down and overcome any deficit we might have been in.  Waller was just too tough to come from behind to beat them.  We were just overmatched up front.  Waller did a great job of re-establishing the line-of-scrimmage and creating some big holes to run through.  We played hard and never gave up, but we just got dismantaled.  It was a tough way to go out, But heads were held high and we will be back!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding the Waller defense, I have NEVER seen a defense like that, the only thing I can compare it to is the 1982 Jasper defense.

The Lumberton boys have NOTHING to be ashamed of and EVERYTHING to be proud of. If I were a Lumberton player I would have slept good last night with a clear conscience and a peaceful heart.

Congratulations on a fine season Lumberton! I had the great pleasure of attending this game and sitting among some great fans that have supported you all the way. It truely was a sight to see. You guys had a great season, but the better team won last night. Their offensive and defensive lines had so much size over you, that it made it hard to get anything going. But I can proudly say that you never gave up, never quit and played until the end. You were acyually able to play their game in the second half after some good halftime adjustments, but it was hard to overcome a 4 TD defecit. You should hold your heads high on your great season. Hey, 11-2 is nothing to be ashamed of.....some teams would kill to have had that kind of season record. Good Luck next year Raiders!

Thanks to everyone for the support this year.  Everyone has done a little talking but everyon has pulled for each other in some way or anoyher this year.  The Raiders walked off the field after shaking hands(not like Lamarque).  Waller had an awsome team and showed it.  Once again thanks for the support.  Great JOB RAIDERS

Congrats to Lumberton from Barbers Hill. You guys had a great, not to mention, very exciting season. You made it exciting for everyone. I really enjoyed keeping up with you guys on this site, with your tailgates, parades, and all. Great stuff ! Hope this year's success carries over to the future for you. I believe it will.

Great season, RaiderNation !

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami