Mike Trahan - NEW Buna Head Football Coach

1 minute ago, TXHORN_ET said:

How’d the last BIG NAME guy they hired work out? Good thing they had Coach T to clean that mess up.

It will be interesting who they hire. The clock is ticking.

Given the parameters of the job, this is a prime setup for someone like a current coordinator or experienced position coach to add "head coach" to their resume.

On 2/12/2024 at 2:27 PM, Guitar Man said:

Given the parameters of the job, this is a prime setup for someone like a current coordinator or experienced position coach to add "head coach" to their resume.

Agreed, definitely a stepping stone. Looking into the future I wonder if they will consider putting A/D title with football HC? 

50 minutes ago, DP#1FAN said:

Agreed, definitely a stepping stone. Looking into the future I wonder if they will consider putting A/D title with football HC? 

I believe once the current AD/Baseball coach retires, the football coach would be AD/HC.  

16 hours ago, Waterboys said:

That’s the rumor

This would help in getting more interest in the position. Hope they make a move soon. This will give the athletes time to buy into new system and coaches. Buna has hard working kids and deserve this time to get prepared for up coming season. Best of luck to "The Cougars"!

On 2/22/2024 at 9:14 AM, Midcountyman89 said:

I would consider reaching out to who I believe is an alum who coaches at Silsbee. With it not being tied to an AD job he may not be interested even if they did though.

He would be a great choice. Well we will see if whoever is presented is approved by the board tonight. 

• WOSdrummer99 changed the title to Mike Trahan - NEW Buna Head Football Coach